Sun xVM VirtualBox 1.60 Just Released for Ubuntu Hardy Heron and other Os's!

,----[ Quote ]
| The application was initially offered under a proprietary software license.
| In January 2007, after several years of development, VirtualBox OSE (Open
| Source Edition) was released under GNU General Public License (GPL) version
| 2. Currently, there is a proprietary version, VirtualBox, which is free only
| for personal or evaluation use, subject to the VirtualBox Personal Use and
| Evaluation License (PUEL) and an Open Source Edition(OSE), VirtualBox OSE,
| which is free for commercial and private use, subject to Copyleft and other
| requirements of the GPL license.
`----

http://www.ubuntu-unleashed.com/2008...or-ubuntu.html

VirtualBox 1.6: new features

,----[ Quote ]
| The new release is again an evolutionary improvement which again introduces a
| set of new supported machines. The new ownvership of SUN can only be seen by
| numerous improvements in the Solaris support. Otherwise, the development of
| VirtualBox seems to be just like usual: evolving, stable but always with a
| set of new features.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/0...-new-features/

Recent:

Sun to buy VirtualBox maker Innotek

,----[ Quote ]
| un announced Tuesday that it is buying Innotek, maker of VirtualBox,
| virtualization software that may have more value for software developers than
| datacenter administrators. ¬*
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/...Innotek_1.html

Related:

VirtualBox: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, VirtualBox is an excellent application for virtualizing your
| favorite operating systems. I use it to virtually run all of the operating
| systems that we talk about here on LinuxHow2, such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo,
| and ¬*PCLinuxOS. Virtual machines are a great way to test new operating
| systems, sandbox an OS, and quickly wipe out and reinstall problem operating
| systems; it's becoming common to virtual an operating system, because of the
| speed of use, and because said operating system does not directly interfere
| with the host OS, if it's infected with viruses (as is often the case with
| Windows) or you just plain don't need it anymore, it's as simple as one click
| to delete it off your system for good. ¬* ¬* ¬* ¬*
`----

http://linuxhow2.com/Feature_Article..._A_Review.html

Review: OliveBSD turns OpenBSD into very usable live CD

,----[ Quote ]
| Back to the apps. Besides Firefox for Web browsing, there's Thunderbird for
| mail, the GIMP for image processing, SciTE for text editing, Xmms for audio
| playback, Gaim for text messaging, ghostview and Xpdf, Axyftp, the Abs
| spreadsheet, the TightVNC viewer, CD-Rchive and a few more. There's enough
| for me to get my work done, and that's pretty much all I ask. ¬* ¬*
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/200...s_openbsd.html

VirtualBox: The best virtualization program you've never heard of

,----[ Quote ]
| InnoTek, a software company in Stuttgart, Germany, has released both a
| proprietary and a GPLv2 open-source version of the program. The VirtualBox
| OSE (open-source edition) has a subset of the features of the proprietary
| version. ¬* ¬*
`----

VirtualBox 1.5 puts Windows windows on a Linux desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| or the first time, the new version now displays the guest's windows
| seamlessly on the host system's desktop instead of showing the guest system's
| complete desktop in its own window. ¬*
`----

VirtualBox 1.5 released with seamless Windows integration

,----[ Quote ]
| The second screenshot shows that even Windows’ task bar is embedded into the
| Linux system. ¬*
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/0...s-integration/

VirtualBox Making Waves as Open Source Virtualization Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The youngest virtualization player to enter the x86 virtualization market
| is Innotek. And the company has recently announced a new release of its
| product, VirtualBox version 1.4.0, for Windows and Linux. ¬*
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/virtuali...13338246635702

Fedora 7 screenshot gallery

,----[ Quote ]
| 33 screenshots from the installation to the desktop all made with the
| help of Virtualbox.
`----

http://www.winxperts.net/forums/inde...topic=1166&hl=

VirtualBox 1.4.0 adds cool new features

,----[ Quote ]
| As promised at CeBIT 2007, InnoTek has released version 1.4.0
| of its VirtualBox virtualization software. Despite the modest
| increase in the version number, the new release boasts a few
| new features as well as a host of tweaks and behind-the-scenes
| improvements.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/articl...40255&from=rss

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/0...x-14-released/

InnoTek VirtualBox [Mini Review]

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I am impressed with the performance and features of InnoTek
| Virtual Box. The performance wasn't as impressive as it was with
| Parallel's desktop but it was better than the performance I got with
| VMware Fusion.
`----

http://digitaldiscobash.com/2007/05/...ek-virtualbox/

VirtualBox installation screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| VirtualBox is an opensource virtualization software, it has a nice
| graphical interface like VMWare, and which is a lack of QEMU, recently
| (march, 14th) it has released its version this is what their site says
| about VirtualBox.
`----

http://linux.go2linux.org/node/54

VirtualBox 1.3.8 Released