Re: [News] Windows: Less for More; GNU/Linux: More for Less - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Windows: Less for More; GNU/Linux: More for Less - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Windows XP On Asus Eee PC > > ,----[ Quote ] > | Remember yesterday when we discovered that the Windows-powered Asus Eee > | PC would cost the same as its Linux-powered counterpart? > | ...

  1. Re: [News] Windows: Less for More; GNU/Linux: More for Less

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Windows XP On Asus Eee PC
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Remember yesterday when we discovered that the Windows-powered Asus Eee
    > | PC would cost the same as its Linux-powered counterpart?
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | There is a Microsoft tax to be paid, it seems.
    > |
    > | [...] it turns out that the Windows version is missing the memory card
    > | [slot.
    > [...]
    > |
    > | The other notable difference is that the Eee PC powered by Windows XP
    > | gets a one year warranty, whereas the Linux version gets two years.
    > | Strangely, the spec sheet also says that the Windows version does not
    > | support MPEGs. That can?t be right, can it?
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.htlounge.net/article/5795...n-asus-eee-pc/
    >
    > And that's despite considerable discounts given to Asustek by Microsoft.

    Thats just attrocious!!!

    The magazines and media should be picking up on this and blasting it
    wide open!!!!

    WINDUMMIES ARE BUYER'S WORST NIGHTMARE!!!

    WIDUMMIES operating in the sales departments
    hide the truth and loss of functions to pinch a few
    more pennies from the buyer.

    Its the buyer that has to suffer so that Micoshaft Corporation
    and their WINDUMMIES can survive.

  2. Re: [News] Windows: Less for More; GNU/Linux: More for Less

    7 writes:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Windows XP On Asus Eee PC
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Remember yesterday when we discovered that the Windows-powered Asus Eee
    >> | PC would cost the same as its Linux-powered counterpart?
    >> |
    >> | [...]
    >> |
    >> | There is a Microsoft tax to be paid, it seems.
    >> |
    >> | [...] it turns out that the Windows version is missing the memory card
    >> | [slot.
    >> [...]
    >> |
    >> | The other notable difference is that the Eee PC powered by Windows XP
    >> | gets a one year warranty, whereas the Linux version gets two years.
    >> | Strangely, the spec sheet also says that the Windows version does not
    >> | support MPEGs. That can?t be right, can it?
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.htlounge.net/article/5795...n-asus-eee-pc/
    >>
    >> And that's despite considerable discounts given to Asustek by Microsoft.

    > Thats just attrocious!!!

    So "choice" is not a good thing here? Make up your mind.

    First we hear that users are capable of choosing a distro from a 1000 of
    similar ones, now we hear that they are incapable of choosing between
    Windows and Linux despite major drawbacks on one according to you.

    Will you COLA goons *never* get your stories straight?

  3. Re: [News] Windows: Less for More; GNU/Linux: More for Less

    Micoshaft Fraudster Hadron wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > So "choice" is not a good thing here? Make up your mind.
    >
    > First we hear that users are capable of choosing a distro from a 1000 of
    > similar ones, now we hear that they are incapable of choosing between
    > Windows and Linux despite major drawbacks on one according to you.
    >
    > Will you COLA goons *never* get your stories straight?

    WINDUMMIES ARE STILL THE BUYER'S WORST NIGHTMARE!!!

    WIDUMMIES operating in the sales departments
    hide the truth behind a choice and loss of functions behind a choice
    to pinch a few more pennies from the buyer.

    It is still the buyer that has to suffer so that Micoshaft Corporation
    and their WINDUMMIES can survive.

  4. Re: [News] Windows: Less for More; GNU/Linux: More for Less

    7 writes:

    > Micoshaft Fraudster Hadron wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft
    > Corporation:
    >

    >> So "choice" is not a good thing here? Make up your mind.
    >>
    >> First we hear that users are capable of choosing a distro from a 1000 of
    >> similar ones, now we hear that they are incapable of choosing between
    >> Windows and Linux despite major drawbacks on one according to you.
    >>
    >> Will you COLA goons *never* get your stories straight?

    > WINDUMMIES ARE STILL THE BUYER'S WORST NIGHTMARE!!!
    >
    > WIDUMMIES operating in the sales departments
    > hide the truth behind a choice and loss of functions behind a choice
    > to pinch a few more pennies from the buyer.
    >
    > It is still the buyer that has to suffer so that Micoshaft Corporation
    > and their WINDUMMIES can survive.

    Yes, yes "7" . It's all the
    fault of the "windummies" potato>.

  5. Re: [News] Windows: Less for More; GNU/Linux: More for Less

    "Hadron" wrote in message
    >7 writes:
    >
    >> Micoshaft Fraudster Hadron wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft
    >> Corporation:
    >>

    >>> So "choice" is not a good thing here? Make up your mind.
    >>>
    >>> First we hear that users are capable of choosing a distro from a 1000
    >>> of
    >>> similar ones, now we hear that they are incapable of choosing between
    >>> Windows and Linux despite major drawbacks on one according to you.
    >>>
    >>> Will you COLA goons *never* get your stories straight?

    >> WINDUMMIES ARE STILL THE BUYER'S WORST NIGHTMARE!!!
    >>
    >> WIDUMMIES operating in the sales departments
    >> hide the truth behind a choice and loss of functions behind a choice
    >> to pinch a few more pennies from the buyer.
    >>
    >> It is still the buyer that has to suffer so that Micoshaft Corporation
    >> and their WINDUMMIES can survive.
    >>

    > Yes, yes "7" . It's all the
    > fault of the "windummies" > potato>.

    Idiots like "7" and "Ruben" do more to make linux look like some whacky
    cult better than any form of advertising Microsoft could possibly buy.