Re: A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection: DRM attempt from Microsoft causes HUGE cost to the entire PC industry - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection: DRM attempt from Microsoft causes HUGE cost to the entire PC industry - Linux ; Ruben wrote: > The Vista Content Protection specification could very well constitute the > longest suicide note in history... > Excellent quote... -- Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)...

  1. Re: A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection: DRM attempt from Microsoft causes HUGE cost to the entire PC industry

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  2. Re: A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection: DRM attempt from Microsoft causes HUGE cost to the entire PC industry

    ____/ Jerry McBride on Sunday 04 May 2008 18:37 : \____

    > Ruben wrote:
    >

    >> The Vista Content Protection specification could very well constitute the
    >> longest suicide note in history...
    >>

    > Excellent quote...

    Prophetic too.

    Microsoft stock drops amid slumping sales

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft Corp., whose Windows software dominates the personal-computer
    | market, fell 6.2 percent Fridayin Nasdaq trading after sales slumped, casting
    | doubt on whether PC demand can hold up in a slowing economy. The software
    | maker reported a 24 percent drop in sales of Windows last quarter and
    | forecast earnings that may miss analysts' estimates.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | "The risk is that Linux gets a foothold and then affects their long-term
    | revenue significantly."
    `----

    http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9061263

    Microsoft Profit Drops; Forecast May Miss Estimates

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The world's biggest software maker said sales of Windows for PCs sank 24
    | percent and revenue from its online advertising unit came in at the low end
    | of its projections. Microsoft's report contrasted with positive comments from
    | chipmaker Intel Corp. and computer company International Business Machines
    | Corp.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Microsoft declined $1.60 to $30.20 in extended trading after closing at
    | $31.80 at 4 p.m. New York time on the Nasdaq Stock Market. The stock has
    | fallen 11 percent this year.
    `----

    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=worldwide

    Microsoft sees slide in profits

    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz \ Spread Mozilla Firefox.
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
    20:20:03 up 19 days, 18:32, 3 users, load average: 1.66, 1.27, 1.51

  3. Re: A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection: DRM attemptfrom Microsoft causes HUGE cost to the entire PC industry

    On May 4, 1:37 pm, Jerry McBride wrote:
    > Ruben wrote:
    > > The Vista Content Protection specification could very well constitute the
    > > longest suicide note in history...

    > Excellent quote...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Jerry McBride (jmcbr...@mail-on.us)

    Yeah

    I think I archived this one in my resources directory

    http://www.mrbrklyn.com/resources/

    Ruben

+ Reply to Thread