Why does cola attract so many Linux/OSS nutjobs, liars and losers? - Linux

This is a discussion on Why does cola attract so many Linux/OSS nutjobs, liars and losers? - Linux ; As a MSFT > shareholder I would not mind seeing non-Windows OSes die, Five years ago and today: MSFT 21.92 29.26 up 33% AAPL 9.00 183.75 up 1,942% Looks like you invested in the wrong OS....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: Why does cola attract so many Linux/OSS nutjobs, liars andlosers?

    As a MSFT
    > shareholder I would not mind seeing non-Windows OSes die,

    Five years ago and today:

    MSFT 21.92 29.26 up 33%
    AAPL 9.00 183.75 up 1,942%

    Looks like you invested in the wrong OS.

  2. Re: Why does cola attract so many wintrolls, M$ shills, & Windows lusers?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, William Poaster

    wrote
    on Thu, 08 May 2008 23:27:19 +0100
    :
    > On Thu, 08 May 2008 14:01:37 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, raylopez99
    >> wrote
    >> on Thu, 8 May 2008 13:17:27 -0700 (PDT)
    >> <3a5e24a1-279b-4240-8354-864bdf058042@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>:

    >>> Rex, you're alive! Good to see. Rumor had it you died (I was
    >>> responsible for spreading these rumors to be sure). As a MSFT
    >>> shareholder I would not mind seeing non-Windows OSes die, but glad to
    >>> see that you're still with us.

    > M$ should shrivel & die, AFAIC, & take it's shills & zealots with it.

    Should, yes. Will...hard to say. Standard Oil is still
    around (both parts of Exxon-Mobil were "children" thereof,
    for example). IBM is also around, of course; they were
    accused of mainframe dominance some years back.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    GNU and improved.

  3. Re: Why does cola attract so many Linux/OSS nutjobs, liars and losers?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu

    wrote
    on Thu, 8 May 2008 17:09:12 -0700 (PDT)
    :
    > As a MSFT
    >> shareholder I would not mind seeing non-Windows OSes die,

    > Five years ago and today:
    >
    > MSFT 21.92 29.26 up 33%
    > AAPL 9.00 183.75 up 1,942%
    >
    > Looks like you invested in the wrong OS.

    You forgot the dividend. As of May 9, 2003,
    the adjusted close was $20.95/share for Microsoft,
    $8.98 for AAPL.

    Not that it's much of an adjustment.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=MSFT...e=9&f=2008&g=m
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=AAPL...e=9&f=2008&g=m

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because it's not the desktop that's
    important, it's the ability to DO something
    with it.

  4. Re: Why does cola attract so many Linux/OSS nutjobs, liars and losers?

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >> Rex, you're alive! Good to see. Rumor had it you died (I was
    >> responsible for spreading these rumors to be sure). As a MSFT
    >> shareholder I would not mind seeing non-Windows OSes die, but glad to
    >> see that you're still with us.

    > How can a bagboy afford to buy shares in Microsoft?

    Raylopez claims to be a business technical consultant (whatever that is) who
    makes at least $200 per hour. That's $400K per year.

    I think he's lying.

  5. Re: Why does cola attract so many Linux/OSS nutjobs, liars and losers?

    DFS wrote:
    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >> raylopez99 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Rex, you're alive! Good to see. Rumor had it you died (I
    >>> was responsible for spreading these rumors to be sure).
    >>> As a MSFT shareholder I would not mind seeing non-Windows
    >>> OSes die, but glad to see that you're still with us.

    >> How can a bagboy afford to buy shares in Microsoft?

    > Raylopez claims to be a business technical consultant
    > (whatever that is) who makes at least $200 per hour. That's
    > $400K per year.
    >
    > I think he's lying.

    P400,000 Philippine Pesos per year? That's about $8,000 US.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  6. Re: Why does cola attract so many Linux/OSS nutjobs, liars andlosers?

    On May 8, 6:53*pm, "DFS" wrote:

    > Raylopez claims to be a business technical consultant (whatever that is) who
    > makes at least $200 per hour. *That's $400K per year.
    >
    > I think he's lying.

    Not lying, but I don't work 2000 hours either.

    RL

  7. Re: Why does cola attract so many Linux/OSS nutjobs, liars andlosers?

    On May 8, 5:09*pm, "ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu"
    wrote:
    > *As a MSFT
    >
    > > shareholder I would not mind seeing non-Windows OSes die,

    > Five years ago and today:
    >
    > MSFT 21.92 * *29.26 * up 33%
    > AAPL 9.00 * * 183.75 *up 1,942%
    >
    > Looks like you invested in the wrong OS.

    Looks like you're not going to graduate this year either, Nessumo.
    Don't you pity your poor (literally) parents?

    RL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2