Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup - Linux

This is a discussion on Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup - Linux ; Yahoo investors will be very distraught to see YHOO stock price to plummet tomorrow morning. Most are expecting a drop of somewhere in the 25-35% range. As a stock, YHOO was trading in the "teens" before Microsoft offered $31/share. Now ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    Yahoo investors will be very distraught to see YHOO stock price to plummet
    tomorrow morning. Most are expecting a drop of somewhere in the 25-35%
    range. As a stock, YHOO was trading in the "teens" before Microsoft offered
    $31/share. Now that Microsoft is walking away, expect the price to plummet
    from the $30 range back down into the teens.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24445554&GT1=43001

    Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo
    Software giant walks away from Internet pioneer in price dispute

    SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. has withdrawn its $42.3 billion bid to buy Yahoo
    Inc.

  2. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    Micoshaft fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > Yahoo investors will be very distraught to see YHOO stock price to plummet
    > tomorrow morning. Most are expecting a drop of somewhere in the 25-35%
    > range. As a stock, YHOO was trading in the "teens" before Microsoft
    > offered $31/share. Now that Microsoft is walking away, expect the price to
    > plummet from the $30 range back down into the teens.

    I doubt any of this.

    Yahoo$ would piss on micoshaft if they decide to release
    a version of !Yahoo Linux and 100Mb ISP with video download shop.

    --

    !Yahoo !announces !Yahoo !Linux
    -------------------------------

    !Yahoo !announced !today that it is moving into the Linux
    distro market following the footsteps of Ubuntu, Micoshaft Corporation,
    Appil, Mandriva and Red Hat.

    !Yahoo claimed this is in direct response to the Micoshaft takeover bid. Its
    a bad idea for any business to get into bed with Micoshaft - history has
    shown it doesn't provide any shareholder value.
    !Yahoo claims moving into the Linux distro business is THE ONE THING
    that will hurt Micoshaft Corporation and that is why Micoshaft
    Corporation was keen to buy out Yahoo.

    !Chairman of !Yahoo announced that after a strategic
    review of the market, it was logical that !Yahoo should move
    into the Linux distro business. It has one of the largest software
    developer resource outside of the main distro makers that it wasn't going
    anywhere fast of the dot com bust and because of the shrinking market
    opportunities in the on-line internet business.

    !Chairman !Yahoo said "Our long term plan is to move into the Linux distro
    market and leverage that to buy up and concentrate on high speed
    cable and internet operations and engage in very high speed bandwidth
    delivery to the home." High bandwidth high definition high frame rate
    video is where all the action will be in 2012 and we want to be
    right there with our own !Yahoo Linux distro and Linux applications
    experiences delivered through the Internet. Its a highly cost effective
    and efficient operation as Linux has reached the tipping point with
    all the applications and infrastructure project. Our contributions
    will become minimal - just bare necessary expenditure and guidance
    to steer existing projects to deliver a unified !Yahoo Linux experience.
    Customers will be able to buy a PC, install !Yahoo Linux and be empowered
    with everything from high definition high speed TV to e-mail, chat, video
    chat, free phone internet VoIP calls, buy movies and music on-line at
    very high speed. It also allows expansion of the on-line ad business into
    TV-ads and interactive feedback with customers. Since the software
    can be downloaded and upgraded, interactive TV will be a next generation
    experience allowing real time feed back of what customers thought about
    the ads and well as purchase requests generated by customers.

    The TV will be repackaged into a youtube like experience with users
    being able to download and watch a fixed collection of programmes
    as often as they like for $30 per month. You don't have to buy !Yahoo Linux.
    We will package everything up for other distro makers to incorporate
    or for users to download and use in the open source tradition. Users
    just pay a fixed fee for services just like all other customers and the full
    !Yahoo and TV experience will be delivered to their home. Of course other
    internet service providers will have to provide the massive unconteded
    100mbit services or we will step in and offer the same services. Some of
    our services depend on customer PCs being turned into servers in
    the bittorrent tradition and giving up half their
    their substantial upload bandwidth to deliver services to our other
    customers dotted around the network so that we don't have centralized
    servers and the huge expenses that go with it. All our services
    will be distributed and key to that is equal download and upload
    speeds which is a service we intend to offer to develop our business.

    Never will TV and internet experience will have such an upheaval.
    Our share holders will get far more dividends and shareholder
    value with our business models than by selling out.

    We think a lot of chair tossing will go on in Redmond tonight.

  3. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > Yahoo investors will be very distraught to see YHOO stock price to plummet
    > tomorrow morning. Most are expecting a drop of somewhere in the 25-35%
    > range. As a stock, YHOO was trading in the "teens" before Microsoft offered
    > $31/share. Now that Microsoft is walking away, expect the price to plummet
    > from the $30 range back down into the teens.
    >

    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24445554&GT1=43001
    >

    > Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo
    > Software giant walks away from Internet pioneer in price dispute
    >
    > SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. has withdrawn its $42.3 billion bid to buy Yahoo
    > Inc.

    Staying away from MS can't be a bad thing.

    I would be disgusted to find myself associated with MS in a business
    situation.

    I wonder if Yahoo can build it all back up.

  4. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    7 wrote:
> [...]

    > internet service providers will have to provide the massive unconteded
    > 100mbit services or we will step in and offer the same services. Some of
    > our services depend on customer PCs being turned into servers in
    > the bittorrent tradition and giving up half their
    > their substantial upload bandwidth to deliver services to our other
    > customers dotted around the network so that we don't have centralized
    > servers and the huge expenses that go with it. All our services
    > will be distributed and key to that is equal download and upload
    > speeds which is a service we intend to offer to develop our business.
    >
    > Never will TV and internet experience will have such an upheaval.
    > Our share holders will get far more dividends and shareholder
    > value with our business models than by selling out.
    >
    > We think a lot of chair tossing will go on in Redmond tonight.

    I agree with you.

    Stay AWAY from the MS scum and then rebuild.

    MS just kills everything it touches.

  5. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 07:03:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> MS just kills everything it touches.

    > Steve Ballmer touches himself a lot.

    It figures you would be obsessed with that Roy Schestowitz.
    First Miley Cyrus and now Steve Ballmer?
    Man, you sure have a wide range of sexual preferences.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    >> MS just kills everything it touches.

    > Steve Ballmer touches himself a lot. Just watch how he rubs the back of his
    > neck like a primate several times a minutes, even in interviews. When
    > Microsoft's CEO touched himself (Ballmer appointment was in 2001, IIRC) the
    > loss of the company's savings began.

    While this kind of stuff is simply juvenile crap, I can't help free-
    associating here.

    Touched? As in "touched by an uncle"? Is that Uncle Fester? Or a
    monkey's uncle! Or should I just say "uncle"?

    Got that off my chest.

    As far as mannerisms go, very early on in our project, years ago, when
    it has a total hack, one of the principals tooks to gnawing at his
    fingers out of nervousness.

    I shared an office with him for awhile, and was most unamused to find
    him with his socks off, grooming his toenails. I never wanted to touch
    his keyboard ever again.

    --
    I'm a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound
    effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can

  7. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    ____/ Linonut on Monday 05 May 2008 12:44 : \____

    >>> MS just kills everything it touches.

    >> Steve Ballmer touches himself a lot. Just watch how he rubs the back of his
    >> neck like a primate several times a minutes, even in interviews. When
    >> Microsoft's CEO touched himself (Ballmer appointment was in 2001, IIRC) the
    >> loss of the company's savings began.

    > While this kind of stuff is simply juvenile crap, I can't help free-
    > associating here.
    >
    > Touched? As in "touched by an uncle"? Is that Uncle Fester? Or a
    > monkey's uncle! Or should I just say "uncle"?
    >
    > Got that off my chest.

    Eeew...

    Well, I guess the point I was trying to make (all the supporting references
    aside) was that, based on something I read yesterday, Ballmer is on an ego
    mania trip or as the article called it -- "competition zealotry" (can't recall
    the exact wording they used, but it's related to hubris). Ballmer just buys
    companies whom he envies or buys whatever it takes to destroy those that
    de-elevate his ego. As a matter of fact, Chris, he has burned a lot of
    Microsoft cash and found some justification to avoid being sacked (growth
    through acquisitions is expensive). A couple of years ago there was an
    internal backlash against him, calling for the man to leave.

    Many of Microsoft's acquisitions did not pay off because the cash cows
    are /not/ acquisitions and they rely on lock-in. The same goes for Google
    whose bread and butter is search. Google's acquisitions are not always
    profitable and nothing in comparison with the search/ad disvision.

    > As far as mannerisms go, very early on in our project, years ago, when
    > it has a total hack, one of the principals tooks to gnawing at his
    > fingers out of nervousness.
    >
    > I shared an office with him for awhile, and was most unamused to find
    > him with his socks off, grooming his toenails. I never wanted to touch
    > his keyboard ever again.

    *LOL*

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Have you hugged your penguin today?
    Swap: 1510068k total, 561708k used, 948360k free, 34624k cached

  8. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    > Well, I guess the point I was trying to make (all the supporting references
    > aside) was that, based on something I read yesterday, Ballmer is on an ego
    > mania trip or as the article called it -- "competition zealotry" (can't recall
    > the exact wording they used, but it's related to hubris). Ballmer just buys
    > companies whom he envies or buys whatever it takes to destroy those that
    > de-elevate his ego.

    I agree, Ballmer must have some self-esteem issues for which he must
    compensate.

    I wonder if he was like one of my friends when he was a kid. A bit fat,
    a smart guy, but a bit troubled. One time he held me underwater for a
    long time, until I started to jerk in a panic. If he weren't so big,
    I'd have hit him.

    > As a matter of fact, Chris, he has burned a lot of
    > Microsoft cash and found some justification to avoid being sacked (growth
    > through acquisitions is expensive). A couple of years ago there was an
    > internal backlash against him, calling for the man to leave.

    How did he end up staying, then?

    --
    When the PC was launched, people knew it was important.
    -- Bill Gates

  9. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    ____/ Linonut on Monday 05 May 2008 17:19 : \____

    >> Well, I guess the point I was trying to make (all the supporting references
    >> aside) was that, based on something I read yesterday, Ballmer is on an ego
    >> mania trip or as the article called it -- "competition zealotry" (can't
    >> recall the exact wording they used, but it's related to hubris). Ballmer
    >> just buys companies whom he envies or buys whatever it takes to destroy
    >> those that de-elevate his ego.

    > I agree, Ballmer must have some self-esteem issues for which he must
    > compensate.
    >
    > I wonder if he was like one of my friends when he was a kid. A bit fat,
    > a smart guy, but a bit troubled. One time he held me underwater for a
    > long time, until I started to jerk in a panic. If he weren't so big,
    > I'd have hit him.
    >
    >> As a matter of fact, Chris, he has burned a lot of
    >> Microsoft cash and found some justification to avoid being sacked (growth
    >> through acquisitions is expensive). A couple of years ago there was an
    >> internal backlash against him, calling for the man to leave.

    > How did he end up staying, then?

    I can't recall. It was back in the days when I wasn't watching the news closely
    (just finishing my thesis probably), but I can remember a revolt in
    mini-microsoft's blog that put his job in jeopardy (among other articles that
    questioned Ballmer's leadership). There was another revolt there about 2 weeks
    ago. Many Microsoft employees want him out... or themselves out of Microsoft.
    Some have left and took pride in it. It's really a corner of the Web where the
    employees speak anonymously. It's totally off the press.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | chmod a-r *.mbox
    Tasks: 113 total, 1 running, 112 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  10. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel

    wrote
    on Sun, 4 May 2008 09:12:11 -0400
    <2a2ba$481db62c$30672@news.teranews.com>:
    > Yahoo investors will be very distraught to see YHOO stock price to plummet
    > tomorrow morning. Most are expecting a drop of somewhere in the 25-35%
    > range. As a stock, YHOO was trading in the "teens" before Microsoft offered
    > $31/share. Now that Microsoft is walking away, expect the price to plummet
    > from the $30 range back down into the teens.
    >

    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24445554&GT1=43001
    >

    > Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo
    > Software giant walks away from Internet pioneer in price dispute
    >
    > SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. has withdrawn its $42.3 billion bid to buy Yahoo
    > Inc.

    For the record, as of May 5, 11:03 PDT YHOO is down 4.50, a drop of 15.7%.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux makes one use one's mind.
    Windows just messes with one's head.

  11. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > ____/ Linonut on Monday 05 May 2008 17:19 : \____
    >
    >> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Well, I guess the point I was trying to make (all the supporting
    >>> references
    >>> aside) was that, based on something I read yesterday, Ballmer is on an
    >>> ego
    >>> mania trip or as the article called it -- "competition zealotry" (can't
    >>> recall the exact wording they used, but it's related to hubris). Ballmer
    >>> just buys companies whom he envies or buys whatever it takes to destroy
    >>> those that de-elevate his ego.

    >> I agree, Ballmer must have some self-esteem issues for which he must
    >> compensate.
    >>
    >> I wonder if he was like one of my friends when he was a kid. A bit fat,
    >> a smart guy, but a bit troubled. One time he held me underwater for a
    >> long time, until I started to jerk in a panic. If he weren't so big,
    >> I'd have hit him.
    >>
    >>> As a matter of fact, Chris, he has burned a lot of
    >>> Microsoft cash and found some justification to avoid being sacked
    >>> (growth
    >>> through acquisitions is expensive). A couple of years ago there was an
    >>> internal backlash against him, calling for the man to leave.

    >> How did he end up staying, then?

    > I can't recall. It was back in the days when I wasn't watching the news
    > closely
    > (just finishing my thesis probably), but I can remember a revolt in

    Translation. Roy Schestowitz made up the whole thing and when pressed for
    details... he runs like a coward.

    > mini-microsoft's blog that put his job in jeopardy (among other articles
    > that
    > questioned Ballmer's leadership).

    Wow. Somebody's anonymous blog said so. What sort of idiot (other than you)
    would believe that?

    > There was another revolt there about 2 weeks
    > ago. Many Microsoft employees want him out... or themselves out of
    > Microsoft.

    A "revolt" you say. Funny how you seem to be the only one who knows about
    it. Did you once again get your info from an email you received from an
    anonymous reliable source?

    > Some have left and took pride in it. It's really a corner of the Web where
    > the
    > employees speak anonymously. It's totally off the press.

    "It's totally off the press" - which means that there isn't a single
    reputable source that will publish such bull****. But keep making up stuff.
    It's about all that a @ss-clown like you is good for.

  12. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    "Ezekiel" writes:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> ____/ Linonut on Monday 05 May 2008 17:19 : \____
    >>
    >>> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> I agree, Ballmer must have some self-esteem issues for which he must
    >>> compensate.
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if he was like one of my friends when he was a kid. A bit fat,
    >>> a smart guy, but a bit troubled. One time he held me underwater for a
    >>> long time, until I started to jerk in a panic. If he weren't so big,
    >>> I'd have hit him.

    >>> How did he end up staying, then?

    >> I can't recall. It was back in the days when I wasn't watching the news
    >> closely
    >> (just finishing my thesis probably), but I can remember a revolt in

    > Translation. Roy Schestowitz made up the whole thing and when pressed for
    > details... he runs like a coward.
    >

    >> mini-microsoft's blog that put his job in jeopardy (among other articles
    >> that
    >> questioned Ballmer's leadership).

    > Wow. Somebody's anonymous blog said so. What sort of idiot (other than you)
    > would believe that?

    Liarnut, or "Chris" as Roy calls him when having one of their love
    ins. It's sickening how the COLA cult results in otherwise sane men
    becoming sycophantic arse lickers, two faced liars and hypocrites.

    Did you ever read as much nonsense as this Roy guy spouts! He even
    explains to "Chris" that growth through acquisition is expensive! Stop
    the clock! What genius! Did he work that out himself? Or does he think
    Chris is too stupid to realise it himself? Since Liarnut attached
    himself to Roy's butt it seems his own brain stopped functioning.

  13. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    Hadron wrote:

    > It's sickening how the COLA cult results in otherwise sane men
    > becoming sycophantic arse lickers, two faced liars and hypocrites.

    Said the biggest arse licker, liar and hypocrite in COLA.

    What's the matter, Quack, did they laugh you out of alt.os.linux.ubuntu?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Man who fights with wife all day gets no piece at night.

    Good to the last supper

  14. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    >Hadron snotted:
    >>
    >> It's sickening how the COLA cult results in otherwise sane men
    >> becoming sycophantic arse lickers, two faced liars and hypocrites.

    Bull****, Quack. You are not "otherwise sane", and I'm sure that you
    were a nasty lying asshole well-before you discovered COLA.

  15. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    "Tattoo Vampire" wrote in message
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> It's sickening how the COLA cult results in otherwise sane men
    >> becoming sycophantic arse lickers, two faced liars and hypocrites.

    > Said the biggest arse licker, liar and hypocrite in COLA.
    >
    > What's the matter, Quack, did they laugh you out of alt.os.linux.ubuntu?

    I have nothing to say about the deal between MS and Yahoo! but I thought the
    title of this thread was funny.

    > --
    > Regards,
    > [tv]
    >
    > ...Man who fights with wife all day gets no piece at night.
    >
    > Owner/Proprietor, Cheesus Crust Pizza Company
    > Good to the last supper

  16. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 14:00:23 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Ezekiel" writes:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>> ____/ Linonut on Monday 05 May 2008 17:19 : \____

    >>> I can't recall. It was back in the days when I wasn't watching the news
    >>> closely
    >>> (just finishing my thesis probably), but I can remember a revolt in

    >> Translation. Roy Schestowitz made up the whole thing and when pressed for
    >> details... he runs like a coward.
    >>

    >>> mini-microsoft's blog that put his job in jeopardy (among other articles
    >>> that
    >>> questioned Ballmer's leadership).

    >> Wow. Somebody's anonymous blog said so. What sort of idiot (other than you)
    >> would believe that?

    > Liarnut, or "Chris" as Roy calls him when having one of their love
    > ins. It's sickening how the COLA cult results in otherwise sane men
    > becoming sycophantic arse lickers, two faced liars and hypocrites.

    Linux certainly seems to bring out the worst in people that's for sure.

    > Did you ever read as much nonsense as this Roy guy spouts! He even
    > explains to "Chris" that growth through acquisition is expensive! Stop
    > the clock! What genius! Did he work that out himself? Or does he think
    > Chris is too stupid to realise it himself? Since Liarnut attached
    > himself to Roy's butt it seems his own brain stopped functioning.

    Roy is remarkably ignorant for a person studying for a PHD, any PHD.
    At first I just chalked it up to him being a crazy zealot but the more of
    his writings I read the more convinced I become that he is not very
    intelligent.

    The one exception is his Datamation articles which of course are
    professionally edited, but even still I will give him credit for some very
    well thought out and presented writings and ideas.

    It goes to show that Roy *could* be an effective advocate for Linux if he
    would concentrate on quality rather than quantity.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    "Subway steel" writes:

    > "Tattoo Vampire" wrote in message
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's sickening how the COLA cult results in otherwise sane men
    >>> becoming sycophantic arse lickers, two faced liars and hypocrites.

    >> Said the biggest arse licker, liar and hypocrite in COLA.
    >>
    >> What's the matter, Quack, did they laugh you out of
    >> alt.os.linux.ubuntu?

    I realise you're a wire haired "little man", but please try and remember
    the discussions a short while ago where I said that Ubuntu had become
    infested with COLA arseholes and in addition the fanboi level had shot
    through the roof. I moved all my machines to Debian Lenny.

  18. Re: The Roy Schestowitz idiot needs to grow a man-gina and quit being a hypocrite bitch.

    > ____/ Linonut on Monday 05 May 2008 12:44 : \____
    > As a matter of fact, Chris, he has burned a lot of
    > Microsoft cash and found some justification to
    > avoid being sacked (growth through acquisitions is expensive).

    Yeah - That's why Google bought Deja News, Outride, Pyra Labs, Neotonic
    Software, Applied Semantics, Kaltix, Genius Labs, Ignite Logic, Picasa,
    ZipDash, Where2, Keyhole, Inc, Android, Skia, Phatbits, allPAY GmbH,
    Upstartle, Neven Vision, YouTube, DoubleClick, Postini and many, many more
    acquisitions.

    Google has 50+ acquisitions in the last few years. But for lying hypocrite
    scum like you acquisitions are only bad and expensive when Microsoft does
    them. If it's Google doing acquisitions then it's a wonderful thing.

    Let's not even start with the list of IBM acquisitions since the list would
    be too long.

    Why don't you grow a man-gina and quit being a two-faced hypocrite bitch.

  19. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    Hadron lied, as usual:

    > I moved all my machines to Debian Lenny.

    Stop pretending you run Linux, Quack. One or two of your fellow Windummies
    may believe it; the Linux crowd knows better.

    Crawl back to alt.losers.hadron.invertebrate.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I'll have one brain on drugs with bacon, toast and juice.

    Good to the last supper

  20. Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

    Verily I say unto thee, that Tattoo Vampire spake thusly:
    > Hadron wrote:

    [nothing]

    > What's the matter, Quack, did they laugh you out of
    > alt.os.linux.ubuntu?

    Again?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    05:32:18 up 138 days, 2:08, 6 users, load average: 0.03, 0.32, 0.83

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast