*ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please.Be good timing. - Linux

This is a discussion on *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please.Be good timing. - Linux ; Body...

  1. *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please.Be good timing.

    Body

  2. Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please.Be good timing.

    Verily I say unto thee, that ~flyer~ spake thusly:
    > Body

    You mean this?:

    Are you using Windows Vista? Then you might as well know that the
    licensed operating system installed on your machine is harvesting a
    healthy volume of information for Microsoft. In this context, a program
    such as the Windows Genuine Advantage is the last of your concerns. In
    fact, in excess of 20 Windows Vista features and services are hard at
    work collecting and transmitting your personal data to the Redmond company.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...ft-58752.shtml

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    18:38:22 up 135 days, 15:14, 5 users, load average: 0.03, 0.01, 0.00

  3. Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please.Be good timing.

    Homer wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that ~flyer~ spake thusly:
    >> Body

    > You mean this?:
    >

    > Are you using Windows Vista? Then you might as well know that the
    > licensed operating system installed on your machine is harvesting a
    > healthy volume of information for Microsoft. In this context, a program
    > such as the Windows Genuine Advantage is the last of your concerns. In
    > fact, in excess of 20 Windows Vista features and services are hard at
    > work collecting and transmitting your personal data to the Redmond company.
    >

    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...ft-58752.shtml

    Thanks!!
    Well that looks familiar, but there are a number of others, and I assume
    that Roy would have them all assembled in a nice pile. I know there is
    SLOT going on in all that hidden code.

  4. Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please. Be good timing.

    ____/ ~flyer~ on Sunday 04 May 2008 23:33 : \____

    > Homer wrote:
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that ~flyer~ spake thusly:
    >>> Body

    >> You mean this?:
    >>

    >> Are you using Windows Vista? Then you might as well know that the
    >> licensed operating system installed on your machine is harvesting a
    >> healthy volume of information for Microsoft. In this context, a program
    >> such as the Windows Genuine Advantage is the last of your concerns. In
    >> fact, in excess of 20 Windows Vista features and services are hard at
    >> work collecting and transmitting your personal data to the Redmond company.

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...ft-58752.shtml

    > Thanks!!
    > Well that looks familiar, but there are a number of others, and I assume
    > that Roy would have them all assembled in a nice pile. I know there is
    > SLOT going on in all that hidden code.

    I listed some examples of back doors and spyware antifeatures a few days ago.
    It's at http://boycottnovell.com/2008/04/30/...-and-security/

    It's more of an analysis of impact on Novell, but the reasons it was brought up
    was COFEE. Only an idiotic company like Microsoft would happily become the
    best friend of ***any*** nanny nation around the globe (UK and NZ included) by
    giving master keys away. How stupid is that? These will be passed or sold...
    even stolen. As Schneier pointed out a few days ago (not exactly the same
    words), "how long before the whole hacker community gets hold of just /one/ of
    those?"

    Insane.

    Later on Microsoft wonders why there are 320,000,000 Windows zombies on the
    Internet harvesting people's data, sending SPAM, attacking Web sites, etc.
    Microsoft did this to itself.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
    07:05:01 up 20 days, 5:17, 3 users, load average: 1.16, 1.35, 1.36

  5. Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please. Be good timing.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Homer

    wrote
    on Sun, 04 May 2008 18:39:03 +0100
    :
    > Verily I say unto thee, that ~flyer~ spake thusly:
    >> Body

    > You mean this?:
    >

    > Are you using Windows Vista? Then you might as well know that the
    > licensed operating system installed on your machine is harvesting a
    > healthy volume of information for Microsoft. In this context, a program
    > such as the Windows Genuine Advantage is the last of your concerns. In
    > fact, in excess of 20 Windows Vista features and services are hard at
    > work collecting and transmitting your personal data to the Redmond company.
    >

    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...ft-58752.shtml

    Oooh, reprisal of Windows 95 Information Gathering.
    I still remember the fuss that caused...though in this
    case the market will probably simply nod their heads as
    they're far more worried about their next tank of gas or
    loaf of bread.

    But we'll see.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
    class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };

  6. Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuffplease. Be good timing.

    Homer wrote:

    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...Windows-Vista-

    Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml

    "End users have little to say, and no real choice in the matter."

    Choice? Who would want choice?

    --
    "This choice thing is a joke." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark.

  7. Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please. Be good timing.

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 17:14:14 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Homer wrote:
    >
    >> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...Windows-Vista-

    > Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml
    >
    > "End users have little to say, and no real choice in the matter."
    >
    > Choice? Who would want choice?

    Here's another M$ Windoze "feature":-
    Microsoft Discloses Government Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems
    http://www.infiltrated.net/?p=91

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

  8. Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please. Be good timing.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, William Poaster

    wrote
    on Mon, 05 May 2008 23:40:31 +0100
    :
    > On Mon, 05 May 2008 17:14:14 -0500, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Homer wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...Windows-Vista-

    >> Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml
    >>
    >> "End users have little to say, and no real choice in the matter."
    >>
    >> Choice? Who would want choice?

    > Here's another M$ Windoze "feature":-
    > Microsoft Discloses Government Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems
    > http://www.infiltrated.net/?p=91

    Nice of them to admit it. :-P And it sounds like they
    didn't really *intend* to admit it, but someone botched
    a press release.

    Ye gods. *hunts for copy of _1984_*

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because Windows' Blue Screen Of Death is just
    way too frightening to novice users.

  9. Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please. Be good timing.

    ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 05 May 2008 20:40 : \____

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Homer
    >
    > wrote
    > on Sun, 04 May 2008 18:39:03 +0100
    > :
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that ~flyer~ spake thusly:
    >>> Body

    >> You mean this?:
    >>

    >> Are you using Windows Vista? Then you might as well know that the
    >> licensed operating system installed on your machine is harvesting a
    >> healthy volume of information for Microsoft. In this context, a program
    >> such as the Windows Genuine Advantage is the last of your concerns. In
    >> fact, in excess of 20 Windows Vista features and services are hard at
    >> work collecting and transmitting your personal data to the Redmond company.

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...ft-58752.shtml

    > Oooh, reprisal of Windows 95 Information Gathering.
    > I still remember the fuss that caused...though in this
    > case the market will probably simply nod their heads as
    > they're far more worried about their next tank of gas or
    > loaf of bread.
    >
    > But we'll see.

    It'll get worse over time. Greed, prevalence and complacency make staged
    introduction possible. Just look at Vista, aka Windows on DRMroids.

    Microsoft's probes (intelligence), which include getting a list of all the
    software you have installed (studying the rivals using unfair advantage), is
    just the beginning and very old news.

    Wait until the US find another excuse to enter another war and then disables
    all the PCs (including some military equipment) of the country it fights
    against. Only then would the world finally wake up. Microsoft's customers are
    the governments, the media industry, maybe the OEMs but surely not the actual
    users.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP
    Swap: 1510068k total, 556852k used, 953216k free, 60660k cached

  10. Re: *ROY*ROY*ROY* Can you please repost your win-SPYING stuff please. Be good timing.

    ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Tuesday 06 May 2008 00:49 : \____

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, William Poaster
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 05 May 2008 23:40:31 +0100
    > :

    >>> Features-and-Services-Harvest-User-Data-for-Microsoft-58752.shtml
    >>>
    >>> "End users have little to say, and no real choice in the matter."
    >>>
    >>> Choice? Who would want choice?

    >> Here's another M$ Windoze "feature":-
    >> Microsoft Discloses Government Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems
    >> http://www.infiltrated.net/?p=91
    >>

    > Nice of them to admit it. :-P And it sounds like they
    > didn't really *intend* to admit it, but someone botched
    > a press release.
    >
    > Ye gods. *hunts for copy of _1984_*

    And Scoble once slammed for for saying that, around 2005. Who has the last
    laugh? That clown was drinking Microsoft's Kool-Aid.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"
    Cpu(s): 24.4%us, 3.6%sy, 1.0%ni, 66.5%id, 4.2%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st