[News] PlayOnLinux 2.7 Released, New B2D Linux Released, Ubuntu 8.10 Roadmap - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] PlayOnLinux 2.7 Released, New B2D Linux Released, Ubuntu 8.10 Roadmap - Linux ; PlayOnLinux 2.7 released ,----[ Quote ] | PlayOnLinux 2.7 was released today with the addition of a plugin manager to | add customized scripts to the ever evolving Wine tool. `---- http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2008...-released.html B2D *文 Linux 計劃 (B2D 不是 Live CD ...

  1. [News] PlayOnLinux 2.7 Released, New B2D Linux Released, Ubuntu 8.10 Roadmap

    `----

    http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2008...-released.html

    B2D *文 Linux 計劃 (B2D 不是 Live CD !)

    http://b2d.tnc.edu.tw/

    IntrepidReleaseSchedule

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | 27 October 30th FinalRelease Ubuntu 8.10
    `----

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule

    New version of Ubuntu in less than 6 months. Now that's fast! Vista is "work in
    progress" (says a fanboyish CEO) 15 months after its release.

    Recent:

    Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As PC users clamor for Microsoft to continue to support Windows XP, company
    | CEO Steve Ballmer called the Vista OS "a work in progress" at an annual
    | Seattle event on Thursday. *
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._progress.html

    Related:

    Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | We asked a simple question: what Microsoft product could have used a little
    | more polish before release? The answer astounded us. We would just like to
    | thank Bill Gates for his honesty and his openness. *
    `----

    http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-...-windows-sucks

  2. Re: [News] PlayOnLinux 2.7 Released, New B2D Linux Released, Ubuntu 8.10 Roadmap

    On Sun, 04 May 2008 05:58:25 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule
    >
    > New version of Ubuntu in less than 6 months. Now that's fast! Vista is "work in
    > progress" (says a fanboyish CEO) 15 months after its release.

    Have they fixed all the freeze problems the Ubuntu people are experiencing?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] PlayOnLinux 2.7 Released, New B2D Linux Released, Ubuntu 8.10 Roadmap

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Sun, 04 May 2008 05:58:25 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule
    >>
    >> New version of Ubuntu in less than 6 months. Now that's fast! Vista is "work in
    >> progress" (says a fanboyish CEO) 15 months after its release.

    > Have they fixed all the freeze problems the Ubuntu people are
    > experiencing?

    I find it amazing that even a fool like Spamowitz doesn't see it as
    hypocrisy to call Vista a "work in progress" and yet fixes to Ubuntu as
    "new versions".

    --
    abuse me. I'm so lame I sent a bug report to debian-devel-changes
    -- Seen on #Debian

  4. Re: [News] PlayOnLinux 2.7 Released, New B2D Linux Released, Ubuntu 8.10 Roadmap

    On Sun, 04 May 2008 08:15:09 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 04 May 2008 05:58:25 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule
    >>>
    >>> New version of Ubuntu in less than 6 months. Now that's fast! Vista is "work in
    >>> progress" (says a fanboyish CEO) 15 months after its release.

    >> Have they fixed all the freeze problems the Ubuntu people are
    >> experiencing?

    > I find it amazing that even a fool like Spamowitz doesn't see it as
    > hypocrisy to call Vista a "work in progress" and yet fixes to Ubuntu as
    > "new versions".

    Spamowitz sees it alright, he just doesn't care.
    His main intent is to seed and index Google with his inaccurate subject
    lines in the hopes people won't really check out his links.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [News] PlayOnLinux 2.7 Released, New B2D Linux Released, Ubuntu 8.10 Roadmap

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic