How do i do this in Windows IV - Microsoft must be broken!! - Linux

This is a discussion on How do i do this in Windows IV - Microsoft must be broken!! - Linux ; How do I rip a DVD in Windows. With GNU/Linux out of the box I can just do this mencoder -dvd-device /dev/cdrom dvd://1 -o file.avi -ovc lavc - lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1800 -oac copy But I can't find any way of doing ...

  1. How do i do this in Windows IV - Microsoft must be broken!!

    How do I rip a DVD in Windows. With GNU/Linux out of the box I can
    just do this

    mencoder -dvd-device /dev/cdrom dvd://1 -o file.avi -ovc lavc -
    lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1800 -oac copy

    But I can't find any way of doing with with my new Dell??? Windows
    ust be broken!!

    Ruben

  2. Re: How do i do this in Windows IV - Microsoft must be broken!!

    On May 3, 11:30 pm, mrbrklyn wrote:
    > HowdoI rip a DVD inWindows. With GNU/Linux out of the box I can
    > justdothis
    >
    > mencoder -dvd-device /dev/cdrom dvd://1 -o file.avi -ovc lavc -
    > lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1800 -oac copy
    >
    > But I can't find any way of doing with with my new Dell??? Windows
    > ust be broken!!
    >
    > Ruben

    I still can't get the DVD to RIP with Windows! Instead the spyware
    seems to be spinning the drive to death every time I enter it into the
    tray!!! Can't anyone help me!!! in Linux this is so EASY

    Ruben

  3. Re: How do i do this in Windows IV - Microsoft must be broken!!

    "mrbrklyn" wrote in message
    > On May 3, 11:30 pm, mrbrklyn wrote:
    >> HowdoI rip a DVD inWindows. With GNU/Linux out of the box I can
    >> justdothis
    >>
    >> mencoder -dvd-device /dev/cdrom dvd://1 -o file.avi -ovc lavc -
    >> lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1800 -oac copy
    >>
    >> But I can't find any way of doing with with my new Dell??? Windows
    >> ust be broken!!
    >>
    >> Ruben

    > I still can't get the DVD to RIP with Windows!

    It's because you're a clueless idiot. Ask your older sister to help you.

    > Instead the spyware seems to be spinning the drive to
    > death every time I enter it into the tray!!!

    That's what you get when you install those porn download accellerators from
    the gay porn sites.

    > Can't anyone help me!!!

    You are too stupid for help. Try something better suited to your mental
    ability. Like shining shoes at the train station.

    > in Linux this is so EASY

    Not from the thousands of linux users who are having problems just getting
    their system to work.