How do i do this in Windows I - Linux

This is a discussion on How do i do this in Windows I - Linux ; How can I get the relationship of all processes in windows? In GNU/ Linux I use pstree and that gives an output that looks like this? initcron dhcpd events/0aio/0 ata/0 kacpid kblockd/0 khelper netlink/0 ...

  1. How do i do this in Windows I

    How can I get the relationship of all processes in windows? In GNU/
    Linux I use pstree and that gives an output that looks like this?

    initcron
    dhcpd
    events/0aio/0
    ata/0
    kacpid
    kblockd/0
    khelper
    netlink/0
    2*[pdflush]
    reiserfs/0
    xfsdatad/0
    xfslogd/0
    gconfd-2
    httpd10*[httpd]
    hwscand
    khpsbpkt
    khubd
    klogd
    knodemgrd_0
    kseriod
    ksoftirqd/0
    kswapd0
    loginbashxinitX
    wmakerfirefoxrun-
    mozilla.shfirefox-bin
    acroread
    pan
    3*[xtermbash]

    xtermbashgmplayergmplayer
    xtermbashgtk-
    gnutellagtk-gnutel
    la
    5*[mingetty]
    mysqld_safemysqld
    named
    resmgrd
    scsi_eh_0
    scsi_eh_1
    scsi_eh_2
    sendmail4*[sendmail]
    sendmailsendmail
    sshdsshdsshdbashbash

    and so on...

  2. Re: How do i do this in Windows I

    On Sat, 3 May 2008 20:05:02 -0700 (PDT), mrbrklyn wrote:

    > How can I get the relationship of all processes in windows? In GNU/
    > Linux I use pstree and that gives an output that looks like this?

    Try process explorer.....
    It does all kinds of nice things, and does them in color, graphs etc.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...s/default.aspx

    You sure spend a lot of time delving deep into Linux instead of actually
    using applications.
    One would have to assume that you are having massive Linux applications
    failure(s) if you have to start using tools like you mention.

    Maybe you should try another distribution?
    Linux has close to 1000 so you have plenty to choose from.
    HTH !

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: How do i do this in Windows I

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: How do i do this in Windows I

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: How do i do this in Windows I

    Unprintable characters changed to form for clarity.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, mrbrklyn

    wrote
    on Sat, 3 May 2008 20:05:02 -0700 (PDT)
    :
    > How can I get the relationship of all processes in windows? In GNU/
    > Linux I use pstree and that gives an output that looks like this?
    >
    > init<80><88><80>cron
    > <86><80>dhcpd
    > <86><80>events/0<80><88><80>aio/0
    > <81> <86><80>ata/0

    [snip for brevity]

    > and so on...

    Erm....this got rather mucked up in transmission; is your
    terminfo correct?

    Nevertheless, I've yet to see a similar capability in
    Windows, though Moshe did mention the Task Manager.
    However, a quickie check of it versus System Monitor
    (Gnome) uncovers the following deficiencies.

    [1] System monitor has colored traces (the colors are
    changeable via convenient buttons). Task Manager does not.

    [2] System monitor shows file systems.

    [3] System monitor has tree-view capability (View->Dependencies).
    It is far from clear whether Task Manager has such.

    [4] System monitor has "System" tab. To be fair, the "System"
    capability in Windows is in another capplet.

    [5] System monitor has open file search capability. (I'm not sure
    if it works, though; presumably it's a reimplementation of 'fuser'.)
    Task Manager does not.

    And of course you're using pstree, an old but useful utility
    for showing processes' parent-child relationships.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
    class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };