Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo - Linux ; http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24445554&GT1=43001 Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo Software giant walks away from Internet pioneer in price dispute updated 7 minutes ago SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. has withdrawn its $42.3 billion bid to buy Yahoo Inc. ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **...

  1. Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24445554&GT1=43001

    Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo
    Software giant walks away from Internet pioneer in price dispute

    updated 7 minutes ago
    SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. has withdrawn its $42.3 billion bid to buy Yahoo
    Inc.

  2. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    On Sat, 3 May 2008 21:08:39 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24445554&GT1=43001
    >
    > Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo
    > Software giant walks away from Internet pioneer in price dispute
    >
    > updated 7 minutes ago
    > SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. has withdrawn its $42.3 billion bid to buy Yahoo
    > Inc.

    Smartest thing they have done in a long while.
    Yahoo is dying because Google is killing them.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    On Sat, 03 May 2008 21:11:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 3 May 2008 21:08:39 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24445554&GT1=43001
    >>
    >> Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo
    >> Software giant walks away from Internet pioneer in price dispute
    >>
    >> updated 7 minutes ago
    >> SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. has withdrawn its $42.3 billion bid to buy
    >> Yahoo Inc.

    > Smartest thing they have done in a long while. Yahoo is dying because
    > Google is killing them.

    .... as opposed to Ballmer's threats of a hostile takeover?

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:X92dnZ7uVc4EKYDVnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Sat, 03 May 2008 21:11:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 3 May 2008 21:08:39 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24445554&GT1=43001
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo
    >>> Software giant walks away from Internet pioneer in price dispute
    >>>
    >>> updated 7 minutes ago
    >>> SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. has withdrawn its $42.3 billion bid to buy
    >>> Yahoo Inc.
    >>>

    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> Smartest thing they have done in a long while. Yahoo is dying because
    >> Google is killing them.

    > ... as opposed to Ballmer's threats of a hostile takeover?

    Huh? Do you even know what a hostile takeover is?

  7. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    On Sun, 04 May 2008 09:16:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:X92dnZ7uVc4EKYDVnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> Smartest thing they have done in a long while. Yahoo is dying because
    >>> Google is killing them.

    >> ... as opposed to Ballmer's threats of a hostile takeover?

    > Huh? Do you even know what a hostile takeover is?

    Yes, I do.

    .... but you can't configure a newsreader.

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    news:X92dnZruVc4PKoDVnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    I doubt it. Moshe wrote:

    - "Smartest thing they have done in a long while. Yahoo is dying because
    Google is killing them."

    and your response was:

    - "... as opposed to Ballmer's threats of a hostile takeover?"

    Do explain how that makes *any* sense at all. Regardless of the context,
    it makes zero sense. (Sort of like most of your posts.)

    > ... but you can't configure a newsreader.

    I'm glad to see that it bothers you. Shouldn't you be out there defending
    murderers like Hans Reiser?

    > --
    > Rick

  9. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    On Sun, 04 May 2008 09:21:39 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:X92dnZruVc4PKoDVnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> Huh? Do you even know what a hostile takeover is?

    >> Yes, I do.

    > I doubt it. Moshe wrote:
    >
    > - "Smartest thing they have done in a long while. Yahoo is dying because
    > Google is killing them."
    >
    > and your response was:
    >
    > - "... as opposed to Ballmer's threats of a hostile takeover?"
    >

    > Do explain how that makes *any* sense at all. Regardless of the
    > context, it makes zero sense. (Sort of like most of your posts.)

    Sure... Microsoft takes aim at a company, and it tanks. History. Go see.

    BTW, the threat was... sell to me at this price, or we'll do a hostile
    take over at a much lower price. Answer was no.

    You are a real piece of ****. I am not defending murderers.

    .... and you're a stupid piece of ****, too.

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:X92dnZfuVc7wJIDVnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Sun, 04 May 2008 09:21:39 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >> news:X92dnZruVc4PKoDVnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> Yes, I do.

    >> I doubt it. Moshe wrote:
    >>
    >> - "Smartest thing they have done in a long while. Yahoo is dying because
    >> Google is killing them."
    >>
    >> and your response was:
    >>
    >> - "... as opposed to Ballmer's threats of a hostile takeover?"
    >>

    >> Do explain how that makes *any* sense at all. Regardless of the
    >> context, it makes zero sense. (Sort of like most of your posts.)

    > Sure... Microsoft takes aim at a company, and it tanks. History. Go see.

    Wonderful. But it zero to do with the statement - "Yahoo is dying because
    Google is killing them." (Hint for you. Yhoo was dying (share price, ad
    revenue, site visitors, etc) long before Microsoft offered to buy them.)

    > BTW, the threat was... sell to me at this price, or we'll do a hostile
    > take over at a much lower price. Answer was no.

    Wonderful. But it zero to do with the statement - "Yahoo is dying because
    Google is killing them." (Hint for you. Yhoo was dying (share price, ad
    revenue, site visitors, etc) long before Microsoft offered to buy them.)

    You could have just as easily answered "... as opposed to the sun rising in
    the East." While it's true that the sun will rise in the East and MS did
    threaten a hostile takeover (proxy battle) but it has nothing to do with
    the fact that Yahoo has been dying for several years now at the expense of
    Google.

    >>> ... but you can't configure a newsreader.

    >> I'm glad to see that it bothers you. Shouldn't you be out there
    >> defending murderers like Hans Reiser?

    > You are a real piece of ****. I am not defending murderers.

    To you Hans isn't a murderer... he's a linux hero.

    >>> --
    >>> Rick

    > ... and you're a stupid piece of ****, too.
    >
    > --
    > Rick

  11. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    On Sun, 4 May 2008 09:21:39 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:X92dnZruVc4PKoDVnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> Huh? Do you even know what a hostile takeover is?

    >> Yes, I do.

    > I doubt it. Moshe wrote:
    >
    > - "Smartest thing they have done in a long while. Yahoo is dying because
    > Google is killing them."
    >
    > and your response was:
    >
    > - "... as opposed to Ballmer's threats of a hostile takeover?"
    >

    > Do explain how that makes *any* sense at all. Regardless of the context,
    > it makes zero sense. (Sort of like most of your posts.)
    >

    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> ... but you can't configure a newsreader.

    > I'm glad to see that it bothers you. Shouldn't you be out there defending
    > murderers like Hans Reiser?
    >

    >> --
    >> Rick

    Rick is obviously grasping for straws to try and make his points seem
    somewhat valid.
    He has quite an odd way of thinking however.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  13. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Rick

    wrote
    on Sun, 04 May 2008 08:18:10 -0500
    :
    > On Sun, 04 May 2008 09:16:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    [crunch]

    > ... but you can't configure a newsreader.

    Don't be too hard on him for that. Teranews loves to edit posts. :-/
    In my case I get a "double signature" effect.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: Not a text file

  14. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 13:16:31 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Rick
    >
    > wrote
    > on Sun, 04 May 2008 08:18:10 -0500
    > :
    >> On Sun, 04 May 2008 09:16:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>

    > [crunch]
    >

    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> ... but you can't configure a newsreader.
    >>

    > Don't be too hard on him for that. Teranews loves to edit posts. :-/
    > In my case I get a "double signature" effect.

    .... except that he admits to doing because he thinks it annoys me.

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Rick

    wrote
    on Mon, 05 May 2008 17:04:36 -0500
    :
    > On Mon, 05 May 2008 13:16:31 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Rick
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Sun, 04 May 2008 08:18:10 -0500
    >> :
    >>> On Sun, 04 May 2008 09:16:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>

    >> [crunch]

    >>> ... but you can't configure a newsreader.
    >>>

    >> Don't be too hard on him for that. Teranews loves to edit posts. :-/
    >> In my case I get a "double signature" effect.

    > ... except that he admits to doing because he thinks it annoys me.

    I'll have to take back that last comment; Teranews is now
    being rather subtle, adding but one single line to each
    and every post. Good for them! ;-) Apparently their
    changeover has many positive effects, and this is but one
    of them.

    However, this still means Ezekiel doesn't know how to
    (or hasn't bothered to) put a signature on his posts.
    Perhaps he'll surprise us both in that respect?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #23291:
    void f(item *p) { if(p != 0) delete p; }

  16. Re: Microsoft abandons bid to buy Yahoo

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 16:22:33 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    (snip)

    > However, this still means Ezekiel doesn't know how to (or hasn't
    > bothered to) put a signature on his posts. Perhaps he'll surprise us
    > both in that respect?

    Doubtful.

    --
    Rick