Sun's Cloudy Vision - Linux

This is a discussion on Sun's Cloudy Vision - Linux ; http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...dy-vision.aspx Sun's Cloudy Vision Sun Microsystems (Nasdaq: JAVA) published a train wreck of a report last night, and the stock is down nearly 20% today. While a serial hit-and-miss innovator like Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) can get away with picking at ...

  1. Sun's Cloudy Vision

    http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...dy-vision.aspx

    Sun's Cloudy Vision

    Sun Microsystems (Nasdaq: JAVA) published a train wreck of a report last
    night, and the stock is down nearly 20% today.

    While a serial hit-and-miss innovator like Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) can get
    away with picking at various uncertain business models, Big G is doing that
    from the solid platform of dominating the online search and advertising
    markets. Sun can't even figure out whether it's a hardware business or a
    software company, and ends up lost inbetween, like an IBM (NYSE: IBM)
    wannabe that isn't that big, but plenty blue.

    Pick a path, Jonathan. You're not strong enough to go for multiple
    markets -- that's a classic example of "diworsification."

  2. Re: Sun's Cloudy Vision

    On Sat, 03 May 2008 20:14:29 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...dy-vision.aspx

    Bublegumstix. Isn't there an investing newsgroup or sun advocacy group to
    post this to? You are so off target.

    This is COMP.OS.LINUX.ADVOCACY

    Which of these words does a nameless troll need in order to understand
    that?

    pffff

    Ruben

    > Sun's Cloudy Vision
    >
    > Sun Microsystems (Nasdaq: JAVA) published a train wreck of a report last
    > night, and the stock is down nearly 20% today.
    >
    > While a serial hit-and-miss innovator like Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) can get
    > away with picking at various uncertain business models, Big G is doing
    > that from the solid platform of dominating the online search and
    > advertising markets. Sun can't even figure out whether it's a hardware
    > business or a software company, and ends up lost inbetween, like an IBM
    > (NYSE: IBM) wannabe that isn't that big, but plenty blue.
    >
    > Pick a path, Jonathan. You're not strong enough to go for multiple
    > markets -- that's a classic example of "diworsification."

    © Copyright for the Digital Millennium

+ Reply to Thread