PDF3D Toolkit Adds Unified 3D File Conversion Architecture, Linux, Image

PDF3D-SDK Version 1.5.0 includes an application architecture for
conversion of 3D files, new Linux and Visual Studio 2008 support,
multi-format image loading and many technical improvements in PDF3D
document generation.

London, UK (PRWEB) May 3, 2008 -- PDF3D® technology enables publishing
interactive 3D PDF documents, harnessing the free Adobe® PDF Reader. A
new file conversion application and development tool architecture converts
3D models from 3DS, STL, VRML, IV formats to 3D PDF. In a significant
advance, several Linux platforms are now supported including Red Hat
Enterprise and Ubuntu, along with the latest Visual Studio 2008 suite from
Microsoft. A new image file loader supports embedding TIFF, JPEG, PNG and
BMP images in both the 2D and 3D PDF layers. This release from Visual
Technology Services further empowers knowledge transfer and collaborative
sharing of 3D technical analysis to teams across the enterprise through
standard PDF documents.

PDF3D SDK version 1.5.0 includes the following new features:

* Red Hat Enterprise version 3.9 and Ubuntu 7.10 are now supported for
C++ software development enabling 3D PDF generation. Developers may
now integrate PDF3D into their own Linux applications, add their own
user interfaces, or create command-line conversion services. * A new
unified 3D file conversion architecture streamlines and supports a
number of interface types, where the PDF3D-SDK library services take
care of most of the common functions. A new interactive application is
supplied with the toolkit on Windows, allowing users to experiment
with 3D PDF file generation. * Image File loading from JPEG, PNG, BMP
and TIFF format images may now be loaded directly from file, using
PDF3DImageLoader class. Visual quality of texture images is enhanced
by the addition of alpha-blending, enabling complex variable
transparency on 3D objects, taking full advantage of hardware graphics
features for displaying textures. Images may also be place on the PDF
page, supporting logos, legends, or photographs. * For users wishing
to make presentations, a new component is included allowing 3D PDF
interactive documents to be shown within a live PowerPoint
presentation, along with a sample of such a presentation.

“Version 1.5 has many features requested by developers using 3D PDF
functionality to their applications” noted Ian Curington, CEO of Visual
Technology Services Ltd. “PDF3D models can now be generated on technical
Linux desktops and servers; generating reports where users can rotate,
zoom, pan, set transparency, explore and review analysis results on 3D
models all within the Adobe Reader or PowerPoint presentation.”

PDF3D SDK 1.5.0 is used by scientists, engineers, researchers and software
vendors to enable improved communication through the PDF standard, with
immediate availability. The release comes with a complete suite of
interfaces, ready-to-use applications, source code examples, and full
documentation. PDF3D-SDK is available for OEM/ISV integration within
commercial products and server deployment. Pricing on request.

About PDF3D
PDF3D is a specialized technical publishing technology from the dynamic
and innovative Visual Technology Services with unique visualization skills
specializing in the delivery of customer solutions with specialized
analysis, leveraging skills and IP in interactive graphics, novel display
techniques and data visualization with clients in mechanical engineering
analysis, defense, aerospace, nanotechnology, microelectronics, material
science, geology and geophysics. The ISO9001:2000 certified professional
services team is available for enhanced solution development.

Contact Details:
PDF3D, Visual Technology Services Ltd. Tel: +44(0)7787 517529, Email: info
(at) pdf3d.co.uk, Web: www.pdf3d.co.uk

# # #

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium