built in debug info - Linux

This is a discussion on built in debug info - Linux ; Hi, I have a big project with many sub dirs. When debugging from ICE, it is not able to find the right path, like my real path is c:\aaa\bbb\ccc \ddd\eee\test.c, ICE is looking for c:\aaa\bbb\ccc\test.c, while missing some dirs. How ...

  1. built in debug info

    Hi,

    I have a big project with many sub dirs. When debugging from ICE, it
    is not able to find the right path, like my real path is c:\aaa\bbb\ccc
    \ddd\eee\test.c, ICE is looking for c:\aaa\bbb\ccc\test.c, while
    missing some dirs. How to correct this problem? I think it may not be
    ICE problem.

    thanks
    pat

  2. Re: built in debug info

    Pat Z wrote:
    > I have a big project with many sub dirs. When debugging from ICE, it
    > is not able to find the right path, like my real path is c:\aaa\bbb\ccc
    > \ddd\eee\test.c, ICE is looking for c:\aaa\bbb\ccc\test.c, while
    > missing some dirs. How to correct this problem? I think it may not be
    > ICE problem.

    Sorry, but are you sure you picked the right newgroup for your
    question? comp.os.linux.development.system is about driver and
    kernel programming for Linux - but your problem looks more like
    something related to some development environment for Windows
    (at least the path names you refer to make it look like that,
    drive letters and the backslash as a path separator are a dead
    give-aways. So you may find that posting to a newsgroup were
    your problems are more on-topic can be a lot more efficient.

    Best regards, Jens

  3. Re: built in debug info

    On May 3, 4:52*pm, j...@toerring.de (Jens Thoms Toerring) wrote:
    > Pat Z wrote:
    > > I have a big project with many sub dirs. When debugging from ICE, it
    > > is not able to find the right path, like my real path is c:\aaa\bbb\ccc
    > > \ddd\eee\test.c, ICE is looking for c:\aaa\bbb\ccc\test.c, while
    > > missing some dirs. How to correct this problem? I think it may not be
    > > ICE problem.

    > Sorry, but are you sure you picked the right newgroup for your
    > question? comp.os.linux.development.system is about driver and
    > kernel programming for Linux - but your problem looks more like
    > something related to some development environment for Windows
    > (at least the path names you refer to make it look like that,
    > drive letters and the backslash as a path separator are a dead
    > give-aways. So you may find that posting to a newsgroup were
    > your problems are more on-topic can be a lot more efficient.
    >
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Best regards, Jens
    > --
    > * \ * Jens Thoms Toerring *___ * * *j...@toerring.de

    not really, by checking the .debug section, I expect someone is able
    to tell the ELF file is built correctly, to include the right path, my
    question is how, other than specify -g

+ Reply to Thread