Why the Linux world should embrace the BSD's

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux could benefit a lot from a partnership and embracing of the BSD's. The
| combined strength of both camps would be a force multiplier and would once
| and for all put open source over the top. So if steel sharpens steel,
| shouldn't Linux embrace the BSD's?
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=410

From a BSDer who attended the talk on Thursday:

Four freedoms good, fewer freedoms bad?

,----[ Quote ]
| His talk was filmed and will be released online soon. I'll post an update
| with a link to it when that happens and I look forward to hearing what those
| of you who might not be so close to the code face think of it all.
`----

http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.c...wer_freed.html

It's good to be free

,----[ Quote ]
| Richard's presentation was extremely compelling and thought provoking, and
| whilst noting that user's freedom isn't easy to respect, there are approaches
| which can lead to a better society.
`----

http://iamasoftie.blogspot.com/2008/...o-be-free.html

Richard Stallman

,----[ Quote ]
| We had only been expecting around 100 people to attend but the 300-seat
| lecture theatre filled up completely, with latecomers sitting in the aisles,
| it certainly shows how many people interested in Free Software we have in and
| around Manchester. The talk was very informative and I hope Richard returns
| to the UK at some point in the not too distant future.
`----

http://www.jonathandavis.me.uk/2008/...hard-stallman/

Common enemy that breaks the law and pays fines/settlement/bail:

"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"

--Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

Recent:

OpenBSD 4.3 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are pleased to announce the official release of OpenBSD 4.3," began
| OpenBSD creator Theo de Raadt. "This is our 23nd release on CD-ROM (and 24rd
| via FTP). We remain proud of OpenBSD's record of more than ten years with
| only two remote holes in the default install." *
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/OpenBSD/OpenBSD_4.3_Released

Related:

OpenBSD Foundation established in Canada

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/337/