Re: Where's Linux (most profitable companies list)? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Where's Linux (most profitable companies list)? - Linux ; "raylopez99" wrote in message news:29740ae2-dfea-40f0-a679-8da3112583d9@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... Some nut will claim that Google is a "linux company" but that's not true. Google is an "advertising company" that happens to run Linux on their computer. No different from "XYZ Bank" who might also ...

  1. Re: Where's Linux (most profitable companies list)?

    "raylopez99" wrote in message

    Some nut will claim that Google is a "linux company" but that's not true.
    Google is an "advertising company" that happens to run Linux on their
    computer. No different from "XYZ Bank" who might also run linux on their
    servers. It doesn't make "XYZ Bank" a 'linux company' any more than Google
    is a 'linux company.'

  2. Re: Where's Linux (most profitable companies list)?

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 20:52:00 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > Some nut will claim that Google is a "linux company"

    What is your name? We know your stupid but we want to put your name to
    the stupidity.

    Ruben
    (COUGH: Morgan, COUGH: GOOGLE COUGH: NYSE: COUGH: AMEX COUGH COUGH)

    © Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  3. Re: Where's Linux (most profitable companies list)?

    On May 2, 8:52 pm, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > "raylopez99" wrote in message

    > Some nut will claim that Google is a "linux company" but that's not true.
    > Google is an "advertising company" that happens to run Linux on their
    > computer. No different from "XYZ Bank" who might also run linux on their
    > servers. It doesn't make "XYZ Bank" a 'linux company' any more than Google
    > is a 'linux company.'
    >
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    > Some nut will claim that Google is a "linux company" but that's not

    true.

    Google is infinitely more a "Linux company" than a "Microsoft
    company".

    Just keep the following in mind, Ezekiel. There is something at the
    crux of the whole raison d'Ítre of COLA.

    There are people and companies which stand for freedom and dignity.
    They believe in an economic marketplace devoid of abuses and
    dictatorial actions which attempt against the very essence of
    capitalism which is called competition.

    Then, there is you and your ilk, who prefer to breath the nauseating
    (for us, invigorating for you) atmosphere inside BG's intestinal
    tract.

    In the list of 20 most profitable companies there are 19 which have
    not sold their soul to the devil: that's the important point.

    -Ramon

  4. Re: Where's Linux (most profitable companies list)?

    In article ,
    Ruben wrote:
    > Ruben
    > (COUGH: Morgan, COUGH: GOOGLE COUGH: NYSE: COUGH: AMEX COUGH COUGH)

    Wow. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but you are even less
    informed than Linonut. Is there anyone around here who is willing to do
    some actual research?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  5. Re: Where's Linux (most profitable companies list)?

    > In article ,
    > Ruben wrote:
    >> Ruben
    >> (COUGH: Morgan, COUGH: GOOGLE COUGH: NYSE: COUGH: AMEX COUGH COUGH)

    > Wow. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but you are even less
    > informed than Linonut. Is there anyone around here who is willing to do
    > some actual research?

    Why should we bother, when we have you, Tim?

    You are apparently the only one around here capable or interested in
    such research. Or the ego to ramble on and on about stuff that
    basically no one else cares about.

    Take a hint: Attempting to buttress bull**** with facts doesn't remove
    the stink.

    Who cares if you're /technically correct/ on a given troll topic? That
    still translates to /wrong/.

    --
    If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would
    all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG.

  6. Re: Where's Linux (most profitable companies list)?

    Has it occurred to you that no one but *you* gives a ****?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"