Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software - Linux

This is a discussion on Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software - Linux ; Ezekiel wrote: > http://www.thejournal.com/articles/22070 > > > Microsoft has announced a software giveaway program targeted to college and > high school students. "DreamSpark" makes available, at no charge, a number > of development and design programs for download. The program ...

  1. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > http://www.thejournal.com/articles/22070
    >

    > Microsoft has announced a software giveaway program targeted to college and
    > high school students. "DreamSpark" makes available, at no charge, a number
    > of development and design programs for download. The program is now
    > available to more than 35 MILLION college students in Belgium, China,
    > Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K. and the
    > United States.

    .... and Microsoft is only doing this becasue they fear the competition
    with OSS.

    Still can't configure your software, I see.
    --
    Rick

  2. Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    http://www.thejournal.com/articles/22070

    Microsoft has announced a software giveaway program targeted to college and
    high school students. "DreamSpark" makes available, at no charge, a number
    of development and design programs for download. The program is now
    available to more than 35 MILLION college students in Belgium, China,
    Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K. and the
    United States.

  3. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:upqdnV9D9vc3_obVnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >> http://www.thejournal.com/articles/22070
    >>

    >> Microsoft has announced a software giveaway program targeted to college
    >> and high school students. "DreamSpark" makes available, at no charge, a
    >> number of development and design programs for download. The program is
    >> now available to more than 35 MILLION college students in Belgium, China,
    >> Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K. and the
    >> United States.
    >>

    > ... and Microsoft is only doing this becasue they fear the competition
    > with OSS.

    Really. And you know this how?

    Funny thing is that Microsoft was donating software (and computers) to
    schools long before Linus ever wrote his first line of linux code. But I bet
    that MS has a secret time-machine somewhere in Redmond and they were able to
    foresee the advent of linux so that's the "only reason" they were giving
    away free software and computers back in the early 1990's.

    Idiot.

    > Still can't configure your software, I see.

    I can. But I do it because I know it bothers you.

    > --
    > Rick

  4. Microsoft tied Monopolistic contract with NYC Board of Ed

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 15:04:11 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > Funny thing is that Microsoft was donating software (and computers) to
    > schools long before Linus ever wrote his first line of linux code. But I bet
    > that MS has a secret time-machine somewhere in Redmond and they were able to
    > foresee the advent of linux so that's the "only reason" they were giving
    > away free software and computers back in the early 1990's.

    Well, bubblegumstick, I don't know how you would have that kind of
    information at your disposal unless you worked for Microsoft, but I know
    factually in NYC from dealing with the Board of Ed and later the
    Department of Education, that there are contracts that the Department of
    Education has both with the City of New York and with the oversite State
    Organizations which prevent anyone other than official vendors from
    bringing software legally into the system. And the requirments to become
    a vendor require enormous equatity stakes. Furthermore, as an added
    roadblock to usage of anything other than Microsoft is that the City is
    contracted to pay a per license fee for each computer in the city
    government regardless what it runs.

    Then there is the contract the city was tied into for support with Dell
    and Dell went around removing any GNU systems that they found, over the
    strenous objections of the teaching staff.

    Then there are the issues with the Regents which is required to approve
    cirriculum through and approve text books, but only takes remmondations
    from two choke hold organziations, one in Texas and one in California.

    Anyone who has worked throught this web of education beuracracys and
    restrictive and monoploistic contracting knows that what you posted is
    essentially crap. Microsoft has used its monopoly every way it could for
    a long time and any dent in the system at all is a major miracle.

    And yet, Teachers leep coming back to GNU/Linux because they've learned by
    experience that it's just better to reach with. It's a hell of a lot
    easier to teach computing fundementals with a system that they can
    actually get to.

    Ruben
    --------------------------
    http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Interesting Stuff http://www.nylxs.com -
    Leadership Development in Free Software

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  5. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoftsoftware

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 15:04:11 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:upqdnV9D9vc3_obVnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>> http://www.thejournal.com/articles/22070
    >>>

    >>> Microsoft has announced a software giveaway program targeted to
    >>> college and high school students. "DreamSpark" makes available, at no
    >>> charge, a number of development and design programs for download. The
    >>> program is now available to more than 35 MILLION college students in
    >>> Belgium, China, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
    >>> the U.K. and the United States.
    >>>

    >> ... and Microsoft is only doing this becasue they fear the competition
    >> with OSS.

    > Really. And you know this how?

    Because they are doing it now ... to cut out OSS. I highly doubt they
    would have made these large donations in countries that are adopting OSS
    if that situation didn't exist.

    > Funny thing is that Microsoft was donating software (and computers) to

    .... yes, they have been dumping product for years.

    > schools long before Linus ever wrote his first line of linux code. But I
    > bet that MS has a secret time-machine somewhere in Redmond and they were
    > able to foresee the advent of linux so that's the "only reason" they
    > were giving away free software and computers back in the early 1990's.
    >
    > Idiot.

    Dishonest dumb ass.

    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> Still can't configure your software, I see.

    > I can. But I do it because I know it bothers you.

    Liar.

    >> --
    >> Rick

    Dumb ass.

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Buh-bye WINDUMMIES - 35 MILLION+ students to receive LINUX software

    Micoshaft Fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of half wits from Micoshaft
    Corporation Marketing Department:

    WINDUMMY Advocate like Ezekiel talking up micoshaft offerings think that
    they are offering value in a Linux newsgroup.

    Linux offers more - and WINDUMMY ADVOCATES like Ezekiel are afraid
    to mention that not one of these 35 million students will be given
    access to source code.

    Micoshaft software denies source code to students.
    So why should a student learn the micoshaft product?

    A lot more from Linux and open source is available here...

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

    Free software, copy and install anywhere, and source code
    to learn and modify and distribute to heart't content.

  7. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 15:12:42 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >On Fri, 02 May 2008 15:04:11 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >> news:upqdnV9D9vc3_obVnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> ... and Microsoft is only doing this becasue they fear the competition
    >>> with OSS.

    >> Really. And you know this how?

    >Because they are doing it now ... to cut out OSS. I highly doubt they
    >would have made these large donations in countries that are adopting OSS
    >if that situation didn't exist.

    Keep dreaming. OSS is on nobody's radar.

  8. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoftsoftware

    On Sat, 03 May 2008 03:06:23 +0200, OK wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 May 2008 15:12:42 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 02 May 2008 15:04:11 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" wrote in message
    >>> news:upqdnV9D9vc3_obVnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> Really. And you know this how?

    >>Because they are doing it now ... to cut out OSS. I highly doubt they
    >>would have made these large donations in countries that are adopting OSS
    >>if that situation didn't exist.

    > Keep dreaming. OSS is on nobody's radar.

    Its on Microsft's radar. Much of the management, including Gates and
    Ballmer have said so.

    It's on Chicago's radar. and Largo's.

    It's on Asus' radar, as well as IBM's and Sun's.

    Buy a clue.

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sat, 03 May 2008 03:06:23 +0200, OK wrote:
    >
    >> Keep dreaming. OSS is on nobody's radar.

    > Its on Microsft's radar. Much of the management, including Gates and
    > Ballmer have said so.
    >
    > It's on Chicago's radar. and Largo's.
    >
    > It's on Asus' radar, as well as IBM's and Sun's.

    And Apple's. Dreamworks. Asus. NASA. SGI. NYSE. Munich. Brazil.

    > Buy a clue.

    Either OK is out-and-out lying, or he is truly in a state of denial.
    If it's the first, then plonk 'im. If it is the second, I would guess
    he's posting from a terminal in the public library, mumbling to himself
    and smelling to high heaven.

    --
    The worst programs are the ones where the programmers doing the original
    work don't lay a solid foundation, and then they're not involved in the

  10. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    On 2008-05-02, Ezekiel wrote:
    > http://www.thejournal.com/articles/22070
    >

    > Microsoft has announced a software giveaway program targeted to college and
    > high school students. "DreamSpark" makes available, at no charge, a number
    > of development and design programs for download. The program is now
    > available to more than 35 MILLION college students in Belgium, China,
    > Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K. and the
    > United States.

    ...sounds like the gratis or lowcost college programs that
    Microsoft has been running since the 80s. Is this what's supposed
    to pass for news?

    --
    Sophocles wants his cut. |||
    / | \

  11. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoftsoftware

    On Sun, 04 May 2008 08:47:49 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-05-02, Ezekiel wrote:
    >> http://www.thejournal.com/articles/22070
    >>

    >> Microsoft has announced a software giveaway program targeted to college
    >> and high school students. "DreamSpark" makes available, at no charge, a
    >> number of development and design programs for download. The program is
    >> now available to more than 35 MILLION college students in Belgium,
    >> China, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
    >> and the United States.
    >>

    > ...sounds like the gratis or lowcost college programs that
    > Microsoft has been running since the 80s. Is this what's supposed to
    > pass for news?

    Indeed. MS has been giving away, slashing the prices of and otherwise
    flogging their dead horse for years, presumably under the same logic as
    the dope dealer offering the first hit free: once you're used to our
    stuff, you won't want to stop using it.

    Oddly, this notion does not seem to have worked when it came to Vista,
    insofar as despite MS's claims of umpteen million copies sold, the
    reports from *both* camps seems to be that Vista is a failure.

    Perhaps they should try putting out products people actually like, rather
    than producing crap then slashing prices.

  12. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    "Kelsey Bjarnason" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 04 May 2008 08:47:49 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-05-02, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>> http://www.thejournal.com/articles/22070
    >>>

    >>> Microsoft has announced a software giveaway program targeted to college
    >>> and high school students. "DreamSpark" makes available, at no charge, a
    >>> number of development and design programs for download. The program is
    >>> now available to more than 35 MILLION college students in Belgium,
    >>> China, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
    >>> and the United States.
    >>>

    >> ...sounds like the gratis or lowcost college programs that
    >> Microsoft has been running since the 80s. Is this what's supposed to
    >> pass for news?

    > Indeed. MS has been giving away, slashing the prices of and otherwise
    > flogging their dead horse for years,

    Yeah. And makine $10's of billions of dollars in profit each and every year
    doing it. 99.99999% of the companies in this world would just love to have
    that sort of "failure" on their hands.

    > presumably under the same logic as
    > the dope dealer offering the first hit free: once you're
    > used to our stuff, you won't want to stop using it.

    Unlike linux, which is simply dope. Dope that nobody wants to touch or try,
    even though it's been given away for free for over a decade. People would
    rather steal and pirate Windows then legally use linux.

    > Oddly, this notion does not seem to have worked when it came to Vista,
    > insofar as despite MS's claims of umpteen million copies sold, the
    > reports from *both* camps seems to be that Vista is a failure.

    The same way that Windows-XP was a failure here in COLA.

    > Perhaps they should try putting out products people actually like, rather
    > than producing crap then slashing prices.

    Perhaps lintards should write an OS that works for regular users, rather
    than producing dozens of text editors.

  13. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    Linonut wrote:

    >Either OK is out-and-out lying, or he is truly in a state of denial.

    He's in a state of worthless lying fsckwit.

    >If it's the first, then plonk 'im.

    Plonk him. Period.

  14. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    On 2008-05-04, Hadron wrote:
    > "Ezekiel" writes:
    >
    >> "Kelsey Bjarnason" wrote in message

    [deletia]
    >>> presumably under the same logic as
    >>> the dope dealer offering the first hit free: once you're
    >>> used to our stuff, you won't want to stop using it.

    >> Unlike linux, which is simply dope. Dope that nobody wants to touch or try,
    >> even though it's been given away for free for over a decade. People would
    >> rather steal and pirate Windows then legally use linux.

    It does very well for something that "no one wants to try".

    > I blame the community more than the product. Just listen to the wankers
    > in the this group refer to "Windoze" etc and call people "Windiots". All

    Well, if all you had to go on were the local Lemmings then all of
    those remarks would be very reasonable. It's kind of how cops and lawyers
    tend to develop a very poor opinion of the human condition because they
    have to wade hip deep in the drek every day.

    [deletia]

    --

    Nothing today, likely nothing since we tamed fire,
    is genuinely new: culture, like science and |||

    Judge Alex Kozinski
    US Court of Appeals
    9th Circuit

    http://www.usenet.com

  15. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    Hadron wrote:

    > I blame the community more than the product. Just listen to the wankers
    > in the this group refer to "Windoze" etc and call people "Windiots".

    That's rich coming from you, given the various "descriptive" terms you use
    to describe Linux advocates. But it's not altogether unexpected, since it
    comes from a lying, conniving piece of ****.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I'm! A! Graduate! Of! The! Bill! Shatner! Acting! School!

    Good to the last supper

  16. Re: Buh-bye linux - 35 MILLION students to receive Microsoft software

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 19:53:23 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> I blame the community more than the product. Just listen to the wankers
    >> in the this group refer to "Windoze" etc and call people "Windiots".

    > That's rich coming from you, given the various "descriptive" terms you use
    > to describe Linux advocates. But it's not altogether unexpected, since it
    > comes from a lying, conniving piece of ****.

    Ah, but it's not just in this group that people refer to "Windoze" is it.
    As for "Windiots", that's mostly what the windoze trolls in this group
    are.

    Quack hates COLA, as most of the *real* linux users & advocates have shown
    him up for what he is, a two-faced slimy M$ shill & troll who only
    *pretends* to use linux. He's made so many gaffs, he's pathetic.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

+ Reply to Thread