    0x00a94fe7 in std::string::_Rep::_M_grab () from /usr/lib/libstdc+
    +.so.
    5
    #1 0x00a9512c in std::basic_string,
    std::allocator >::basic_string ()
    from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    #2 0x080764a2 in pair (this=0x2697880, __a=@0x2697bd0,
    __b=@0xb7e0c154) at /usr/include/g++/bits/stl_pair.h:84

    Anybody has come across similar error and can they suggest me to how
    resolve this issue?

    Thanks
    Santhosh

  2. Re: Trouble in multithread programming

    In <2f678b6d-ef72-4c51-b5c0-09665c513d1b@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com> santhosh.fernandes@gmail.com writes:

    >hi ,

    >I am writing multithread application on Linux x86. I have some
    >problems when I am using std::string. I am using libstdc++.so.5.0.6
    >and using pthread to do multi threading. My program crashes and the
    >errors are as the followings.

    >0x00a94fe7 in std::string::_Rep::_M_grab () from /usr/lib/libstdc+
    >+.so.
    >5
    >#1 0x00a9512c in std::basic_string,
    >std::allocator >::basic_string ()
    > from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    >#2 0x080764a2 in pair (this=0x2697880, __a=@0x2697bd0,
    >__b=@0xb7e0c154) at /usr/include/g++/bits/stl_pair.h:84

    Have a read of:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstd...01ch03s05.html

    Hint: std::string does not use any internal locking, nor do the container
    classes.

    HTH,
    Uli
    --
    Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
    Stormweg 24 |Der Weisse Raum (Der Dritte Mann), Caligari

+ Reply to Thread