This is a discussion on GNU/Linux Jobs - Linux ; Senior Linux Systems Engineer ($95-120K) Company: Atlantis Location: New York, NY Status: Full Time, Employee Job Category: IT/Software Development Occupations: General/Other: IT/Software Development Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Apply Online Monster recommends using Apply Now. Learn more Save to job file ...
Senior Linux Systems Engineer ($95-120K)
Company: Atlantis Location: New York, NY
Status: Full Time, Employee Job Category: IT/Software Development
Occupations: General/Other: IT/Software Development Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Monster recommends using Apply Now. Learn more
Save to job file
SEE DETAILS OR APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW
Growing New York company seeks a Senior Linux Systems Engineer who can provide top-notch management to an extensive, distributed Linux-based computing environment.
If you're a Linux or UNIX Engineer with strong systems administration skills and the desire to work on a variety of projects using the latest technologies, we'd like to meet you.
* Manage 50+ Linux/UNIX systems in a distributed computing environment
* Configure system and network parameters. Monitor system stability and performance. Help ensure 24x7 operation.
* Evaluate new technology. Assist with the planning and design of future systems architecture, to allow rapid scaling to meet demand.
* Develop and maintain documentation related to the installation, administration, and maintenance of multiple Linux/UNIX systems in a distributed computing environment.
* Monitor, evaluate, and solve potential hardware and software performance issues. Manage Linux/UNIX-related and other network requests and problems. Support customers and employees via email, telephone, and face-to-face interaction.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
* 5+ years experience administering Linux or UNIX-based systems in a distributed computing environment
* Solid scripting ability in Shell, PHP, Perl or Python. Demonstrated fluency in at least one of these scripting/coding languages is required.
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, familiarity with common networking devices, and the ability to use tools such as SNMP and TCPdump to monitor activity, diagnose problems and optimize performance
* In-depth knowledge of Webservers, firewalls/security, NIS/NFS, DNS, MTAs
* Experience with disaster recovery planning and execution.
Further, the ideal Senior Linux Systems Engineer will have strong verbal and written communication skills, will be a true team player with a commitment to success, and will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing systems environment
If you're interested, please just click below. On the next page, you'll have the opportunity to apply just by sending us a copy of your resume.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
SEE DETAILS OR APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW
Reference Code: 116172
Send this job to a friend
View all "Atlantis Partners" jobs
Learn more about Atlantis Partners
You are Applying to: Senior Linux Systems Engineer ($95-120K), Atlantis Partners
* = Required Information
First name * Required
Last name * Required
Email address * RequiredInvalid
Email me a copy of my application
Privacy Notice: We’ll save your name, resume, and the email address you've entered so that we can contact you about the status of your application if necessary, and for our internal reporting purposes. We will not disclose your e-mail address to anyone other than this employer.
Add your own cover letter or note below. To send your resume without a note, leave this box empty.
Note: Use plain text only. HTML is not supported.Invalid
Character Count: 0 (4,000 character limit)
Upload a resume Copy and paste a resume RequiredInvalid
Character Count: 0 (20,000 character limit)
Note: Word files, 500 KB or smaller.
Back to Job Search Results
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Interesting Stuff
http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998
http://fairuse.nylxs.com DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
"Yeah - I write Free Software...so SUE ME"
"The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming sharecroppers to our own cultural heritage -- we need the ability to participate in our own society."
"> I'm an engineer. I choose the best tool for the job, politics be damned.<
You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. I guess you missed that one."
© Copyright for the Digital Millennium