This is a discussion on GNU/Linux Jobs - NYC - Linux ; Software Engineer - Performance Engineer, Quality Assurance (Midtown) Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: 2008-05-01, 12:10PM EDT Pipeline Financial Group, Inc. ( www.pipelinetrading.com ) is a rapidly growing electronic marketplace for large block institutional equities trading. We are seeking a Performance Engineer ...
Software Engineer - Performance Engineer, Quality Assurance (Midtown)
Reply to: email@example.com
Date: 2008-05-01, 12:10PM EDT
Pipeline Financial Group, Inc. (www.pipelinetrading.com) is a rapidly growing electronic marketplace for large block institutional equities trading. We are seeking a Performance Engineer to contribute to the utilization and improvement of internal/external load testing software to generate and analyze performance metrics on Pipeline Trading Systems. You will be on a team who understands and interprets advanced systems information in multiple OS platforms. Performance Engineers work together with QA Engineers, Developers, and the Operations team to evaluate performance, capacity and launch verifications.
* Fully understand the internal and external software processes
* Work with engineers to develop home-grown automated tests where scalability and speed will be some of your prime concerns
* Work on projects end-to-end from initial concept, through design, implementation, and quality assurance, to delivery and maintenance of the product
* Exercise flexibility and the ability to multi-task in a high stress environment
- BS/BA or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with performance testing and analysis tools
- Strong UNIX/LINUX background
- C/C++, PERL, PYTHON, PHP, CGI, Shell programming experience
- Experience with performance testing theories and methodologies
- Some experience with Apache and other open source packages.
- Familiarity with XML basic principles.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Programming experience with TCP/IP, UDP, FIX or TIBCO
- Understanding of OOP and event-driven programming
- Relational Database programming with PostgreSQL/MySQL/Oracle
- Experience with Trading Platform
- Excellent teamwork skills
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Interesting Stuff
http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998
http://fairuse.nylxs.com DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
"Yeah - I write Free Software...so SUE ME"
"The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming sharecroppers to our own cultural heritage -- we need the ability to participate in our own society."
"> I'm an engineer. I choose the best tool for the job, politics be damned.<
You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. I guess you missed that one."
© Copyright for the Digital Millennium