Adobe opens up Flash for the mobile world. A lesson for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Royalty free. Open publication of protocols. No side-deals to ensure a dearth
| of competition. Maybe Microsoft could take a page from Adobe's playbook. That
| is, if it wants to be relevant on the web.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9...bj=TheOpenRoad

Linux funny and otherwise edifying factoids

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell has a seat on the board of the Linux Foundation, the foundation
| sponsoring Linus so that he'd be free to work on the Linux kernel. Yup, the
| same Novell from the ominous Microsoft-Nowell agreement related to Linux
| patenting. Do board seats have any odor?
`----

http://blog.milkingthegnu.org/2008/0...ource-fun.html

Ballmer caught bluffing...

Ballmer admits his open-source blindspot

,----[ Quote ]
| Could it be, Mr. Ballmer, that you are classically overlooking a major
| opportunity for Microsoft because you simply don't understand the open-source
| opportunity? Now would be a good time for a touch of humility and a smidgeon
| of good counsel from those around you.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-993...bj=TheOpenRoad

Related:

Adobe Joins Linux Foundation But Forgets About Flash for Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner...ndation-b.html