[News] Further GNU/Linux Growth Predicted in Business Desktops - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Further GNU/Linux Growth Predicted in Business Desktops - Linux ; Desktop of the future ,----[ Quote ] | Others say they see Linux perhaps outstripping Windows, especially for | organizations that don't require custom programs and rely more on typical | Office-type applications. "Five years down the road, Linux will ...

  1. [News] Further GNU/Linux Growth Predicted in Business Desktops

    Desktop of the future

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Others say they see Linux perhaps outstripping Windows, especially for
    | organizations that don't require custom programs and rely more on typical
    | Office-type applications. "Five years down the road, Linux will have a bigger
    | chunk of at least the small business market," Gaskin says.
    `----

    http://news.idg.no/pcw/art.cfm?id=A5...938D5649994570

    Related:

    Survey Says … Linux Desktop Is Ever More Popular

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Okay, now lets tie this all back in together. Novell claimed several months
    | back in a video ad that Desktop Linux users accounted for upwards of
    | 30,000,000 different people. That's 30 million. Recent statements made by
    | some Novell representatives indicate that they expect there are upwards of
    | 50,000,000 Desktop Linux users. Microsoft has never contested the number of
    | Desktop Linux users, and if anything the deal Microsoft signed with Novell
    | was tacit agreement that Microsoft believed those numbers to be accurate.
    `----

    http://zerias.blogspot.com/2007/11/d...-vs-linux.html

    Linux Users Base More Than doubled Over Last One Year: Survey

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The number of Linux users has more than doubled over the last one year, says
    | a new survey by DesktopLinux.com. The survey also said Ubuntu remains their
    | Linux distribution of choice. *
    `----

    http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/p...19940,p,0.html

    Survey: Desktop Linux use grows

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | DesktopLinux.com, which is a Web site devoted to, obviously, desktop Linux,
    | has finished a survey that found more than a doubling of Linux desktop users
    | in the past year. *
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatc...es/013576.html

    Desktop Linux on the Rise, Linux Foundation Reports

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For starters, almost 20,000 self-selected users filled out this year's survey
    | compared with fewer than 10,000 in 2006's survey.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In those businesses and organizations that have deployed Linux desktops, 39.5
    | percent are running Linux on more than half of their machines.
    `----

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...119TX1K0000594

  2. Re: [News] Further GNU/Linux Growth Predicted in Business Desktops

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 05:29:26 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Desktop of the future
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Others say they see Linux perhaps outstripping Windows, especially for
    >| organizations that don't require custom programs and rely more on typical
    >| Office-type applications. "Five years down the road, Linux will have a bigger
    >| chunk of at least the small business market," Gaskin says.

    Sure...
    That's why Redhat just abandoned it's Linux Desktop division.
    Redhat is smart.
    You, Roy Schestowitz, are an idiot.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Further GNU/Linux Growth Predicted in Business Desktops

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: [News] Further GNU/Linux Growth Predicted in Business Desktops

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 00:42:00 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 May 2008 05:29:26 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Desktop of the future
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Others say they see Linux perhaps outstripping Windows, especially for
    >>| organizations that don't require custom programs and rely more on
    >>typical | Office-type applications. "Five years down the road, Linux
    >>will have a bigger | chunk of at least the small business market,"
    >>Gaskin says.

    > Sure...
    > That's why Redhat just abandoned it's Linux Desktop division. Redhat is
    > smart.
    > You, Roy Schestowitz, are an idiot.

    So, Red Hat no longer produces Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop?

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread