U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML - Linux

This is a discussion on U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML - Linux ; This will have the effect of warning any government official of questionable integrity: "Think twice before you take a bribe, you are being watched". http://www.news.com/U.K.-standards-b...3-6238739.html http://tinyurl.com/6mtj4x This is not the only lawsuit of its kind in Europe. -RFH...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    This will have the effect of warning any government official of
    questionable integrity: "Think twice before you take a bribe, you are
    being watched".

    http://www.news.com/U.K.-standards-b...3-6238739.html
    http://tinyurl.com/6mtj4x

    This is not the only lawsuit of its kind in Europe.

    -RFH

  2. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    ____/ Ramon F Herrera on Thursday 01 May 2008 22:39 : \____

    > This will have the effect of warning any government official of
    > questionable integrity: "Think twice before you take a bribe, you are
    > being watched".

    http://www.news.com/U.K.-standards-b...3-6238739.html
    > http://tinyurl.com/6mtj4x
    >
    > This is not the only lawsuit of its kind in Europe.

    That's just the beginning (I've helped with evidence, so I know the details).
    Apart from similar actions in other countries you have Neelie and her
    Commission with heavy fines and public whipping (well, embarrassment at least)
    very likely.

    As said recently, "if you fleed [sic] the rule, you'll get caught and it will
    cost you *dearly*."

    UK standards body taken to court over OOXML

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The British Standards Institution has been taken to court by a group of Unix
    | users in an attempt to get the standards body to recant its approval of
    | Microsoft's Office Open XML document format.
    |
    | The UK Unix & Open Systems User Group (UKUUG) said on Thursday that the
    | British Standards Institution's (BSI's) controversial decision to vote for
    | approval of OOXML in a recent International Organization for Standardization
    | (ISO) ballot followed a flawed decision-making process.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9408917,00.htm

    BSI faces High Court challenge over OOXML U-turn

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | OSC director Mark Taylor told The Register that the UKUUG and chums
    | were "very confident that the BSI has a case to answer". He claimed
    | that "they haven’t followed procedures and we want them to explain their
    | controversial actions".
    |
    | However, even if legal action against the BSI leads to the UK standards body
    | being forced, in the form of mandatory orders, to withdraw its vote to the
    | ISO, its impact could be muted.
    |
    | Taylor agreed: "Should the BSI be asked to remove its vote, that in itself
    | probably won’t change the outcome."
    |
    | He added that the group hopes to see individuals in other countries mount
    | similar challenges against national standards bodies in order to force the
    | ISO to "sit up and take notice".
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05...te_high_court/

    There is very damning evidence in the UK. They wouldn't take it to court just
    for presence or for 'fun'.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    "Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system. And there is a
    lot of work being done to improve it in and of itself, particularly to make it
    easier to use and easier for people to set up on their personal computers."
    --Paul Maritz, Microsoft

  3. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 05:17:12 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > That's just the beginning (I've helped with evidence, so I know the details).

    So which one of the voices in your head gave you the information Roy
    Schestowitz?

    BTW just on the chance that you might have contributed something, which is
    highly doubtful, I've taken the liberty of emailing the UK Standards Body
    Lawyers with information all about you.
    Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
    preferences.
    It's all in Google.
    Gotta seed and index you know.....

    This should be a lot of fun.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users overOOXML

    On May 2, 5:42 am, "Leslie Bassman"
    wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...ish-troll.html
    > Traits:
    >
    > * Nym shifting (see below)
    > * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    > * Homophobic
    > * Racist
    > * Habitual liar
    > * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    > * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    X-No--What?

    Leslie Bassman
    More options May 2, 5:42 am
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    From: "Leslie Bassman"
    Date: 02 May 2008 04:42:14 GMT
    Subject: Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users
    over OOXML
    Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
    original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

    Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
    This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (May 9, 5:42 am).

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar
    * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related
    newsgroups

    If you post to a PUBLIC FORUM your message WILL be archived to bite
    you in the arse in ten years. Or twenty. Or fifty.

  6. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
    > preferences.

    Oh, and what "self castration experiments" or "deviant sexual practices" has
    roy posted about?

    YOU might have posted them in roy's name.
    But we know for a fact you DIDN'T.
    It was you or one of your cronies who did that and you damned well know it.

    GOD you're scum.
    Lowest for of life. Post inflamitory stuff about someone IN their name, and
    then constantly drag it up later to attack them as if they themselves posted
    it.

    You, are an utter cunt.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  7. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
    >> preferences.

    > Oh, and what "self castration experiments" or "deviant sexual practices" has
    > roy posted about?
    >
    > YOU might have posted them in roy's name.
    > But we know for a fact you DIDN'T.
    > It was you or one of your cronies who did that and you damned well know it.
    >

    > GOD you're scum.
    > Lowest for of life. Post inflamitory stuff about someone IN their name, and
    > then constantly drag it up later to attack them as if they themselves posted
    > it.
    >
    > You, are an utter cunt.

    One can only hope that you do not post under your real name.

  8. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
    >> preferences.

    > Oh, and what "self castration experiments" or "deviant sexual practices" has
    > roy posted about?
    >
    > YOU might have posted them in roy's name.
    > But we know for a fact you DIDN'T.

    Pah, But we know for a fact HE didn't.
    Grrrrr.

    Cue hadron to pick holes in that stupid mistake...
    > GOD you're scum.
    > Lowest form of life. Post inflamitory stuff about someone IN their name, and

    ^

  9. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Hadron wrote:
    > One can only hope that you do not post under your real name.

    What's this?
    Make your mind up, you lot complain all the time about people NOT posting
    under their real names. What I say to you pillocks is entirely justified,
    how I say it is my business and my business alone.

    This is my time, if I did it in an employers time it'd be a different
    matter. It's not one teeeeeensy weeeensy little bit of their business what I
    do online in MY own time.

  10. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> One can only hope that you do not post under your real name.

    > What's this?
    > Make your mind up, you lot complain all the time about people NOT posting
    > under their real names. What I say to you pillocks is entirely justified,
    > how I say it is my business and my business alone.
    >
    > This is my time, if I did it in an employers time it'd be a different
    > matter. It's not one teeeeeensy weeeensy little bit of their business what I
    > do online in MY own time.

    So you dont think being wrong all the time and using foul language is a
    possible detriment to people's perception of you?

    --
    This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable.

  11. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
    >>> preferences.

    >> Oh, and what "self castration experiments" or "deviant sexual practices" has
    >> roy posted about?
    >>
    >> YOU might have posted them in roy's name.
    >> But we know for a fact you DIDN'T.

    > Pah, But we know for a fact HE didn't.
    > Grrrrr.
    >
    > Cue hadron to pick holes in that stupid mistake...

    Stupid mistake? It's like mistaking black and white.

    --
    This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable.

  12. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Hadron wrote:
    > So you dont think being wrong all the time and using foul language is a
    > possible detriment to people's perception of you?

    I'm wrong far less often than you are.
    And as for my language, anyone witnessing your (and your "friends")
    behaviour here will see the language as perfectly justified.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  13. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> So you dont think being wrong all the time and using foul language is a
    >> possible detriment to people's perception of you?
    >>

    > I'm wrong far less often than you are.

    Erm, no you're not. You are wrong is just about every technical debate
    you have taken part in.

    > And as for my language, anyone witnessing your (and your "friends")
    > behaviour here will see the language as perfectly justified.

    Friends? What are you talking about? You're going a bit loony old chap -
    try taking a holiday or something.

  14. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Hadron wrote:
    > Friends? What are you talking about? You're going a bit loony old chap -
    > try taking a holiday or something.

    No, "Friends", note the quote marks, indicating that although you tend to
    side with flatty and co, you can't really call them friends, cos they'd turn
    on you the moment you said anything nice about linux...
    As unlikely as that is.

    and yet again, the density of the hadron is conformed to be EXTREMELY.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  15. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    >Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> So you dont think being wrong all the time and using foul language is a
    >> possible detriment to people's perception of you?

    >I'm wrong far less often than you are.

    Well, that's not saying much. The Quack asshole makes a complete
    jackass on a regular basis, taking the *clearly* wrong side of the
    issues, just so that he can troll.

    About the only time the Quack fsckwit is correct is when he makes a
    trivially obvious "point", like "Linux is not perfect" (which he will
    almost inevitably follow with a blatant LIE about advocates not
    understanding the trivial point).

    >And as for my language, anyone witnessing your (and your "friends")
    >behaviour here will see the language as perfectly justified.

    Exactly. The fsckwitted asshole gets what he deserves.

  16. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    >Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> Friends? What are you talking about? You're going a bit loony old chap -
    >> try taking a holiday or something.

    >No, "Friends", note the quote marks, indicating that although you tend to
    >side with flatty and co, you can't really call them friends, cos they'd turn
    >on you the moment you said anything nice about linux...
    >As unlikely as that is.
    >
    >and yet again, the density of the hadron is conformed to be EXTREMELY.

    If the Quack asshole sees any way to misinterpret what you wrote, so
    that he can attack you in some way, he'll do it - even if his
    reasoning is so blatantly stupid that he makes a complete jackass of
    himself in the process.

    Metaphorically speaking, he'll take a kick to the nads, just so that
    he can tweak your nose.

  17. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    On 2008-05-02, Andrew Halliwell claimed:

    > Cue hadron to pick holes in that stupid mistake...

    Who?

    --
    When you boil it down to the essentials, it's because Linux is
    designed to be *used* and Windows is designed to be *sold*.

  18. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > When you boil it down to the essentials, it's because Linux is
    > designed to be *used* and Windows is designed to be *sold*.

    Then Linux fails miserably at its design goals, and Windows succeeds
    admirably at its'.

  19. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-05-02, Andrew Halliwell claimed:
    >
    >> Cue hadron to pick holes in that stupid mistake...

    > Who?

    The guy who likes to be my bitch.

    --
    I have to say that in 1981, making those decisions, I felt like I was
    providing enough freedom for 10 years. That is, a move from 64k to 640k felt

  20. Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Friends? What are you talking about? You're going a bit loony old chap -
    >> try taking a holiday or something.

    > No, "Friends", note the quote marks, indicating that although you tend to
    > side with flatty and co, you can't really call them friends, cos
    > they'd turn

    Only when I agree with them. Which is generally when it comes to
    pointing out the flaws in the arguments put out by thickies like you.

    > on you the moment you said anything nice about linux...
    > As unlikely as that is.
    >
    > and yet again, the density of the hadron is conformed to be EXTREMELY.

    Googling up what a Hadron is does not make you shine like a sun you
    know.

    --
    < DanielS> still, throne of blood sounds like a movie about overfiend
    and virgins or some crap

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast