[News] Disaster at So-called Microsoft "Interop" Conference of Fluff - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Disaster at So-called Microsoft "Interop" Conference of Fluff - Linux ; Interop : Open Source Panel Heckled and Walked Out On ,----[ Quote ] | About 15 minutes into the session an attendee shouted out, | | "When are you going to talk about risk instead of just going back and ...

  1. [News] Disaster at So-called Microsoft "Interop" Conference of Fluff

    Interop : Open Source Panel Heckled and Walked Out On

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | About 15 minutes into the session an attendee shouted out,
    |
    | "When are you going to talk about risk instead of just going back and
    | forth talking about risks and benefits of open source?" the attendee
    | shouted. "We're not here for the benefits, I don't want to insult you but
    | that's not why I'm in here and if you're not going to take my question
    | I'm going to walk out."
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | I've personally never seen anything like this. To be fair though the panel
    | did seem to be all 'open source is great' but they did (Doug Levin in
    | particular) talk about the risks that may exist.
    |
    | Also to be fair though, all the panelists were in the open source business.
    | That's how the program was listed in the program guide. If Interop really
    | wanted a more robust/competitive session they could/should have added
    | Microsoft to the panel.
    `----

    http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner...anel-heck.html

    Priceless! The leeches and freeloaders are not welcome.

    Yesterday:

    Microsoft Trojan Horse Part Duex: System Center Operations Manager 2007 Cross
    Platform Extensions and Connectors

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After thinking for a bit, I then realize this is the exact same corporate
    | strategy Microsoft has pursued with Active Directory. Release a trojan horse
    | into a corporation by making an inferior, arguably broken, operating system,
    | Windows, that won’t work with anything else, or follow the same standards,
    | and then release a steaming pile of bandages, duck tape, glue, and well…poo,
    | and make everyone authenticate against it while charging an expensive
    | licensing fee. * * *
    |
    | We have active bot nets that rivel NASA in pure computing power due to
    | boneheaded Operating System design...
    `----

    http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blo...e_part_du.html

    Interoperability: First Benefit Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The way I see it, interoperability is for Microsoft a means to an end, the
    | end being competitive gains more than customer benefits. Microsoft is the
    | first beneficiary of its interoperability efforts. The new management tools
    | clearly show what interoperability really means to Microsoft: increasing its
    | footprint in heterogenous platform environments. That's going to be most
    | important in established markets like the United States, where most companies
    | that need servers have them already. * * *
    `----

    Microsoft, openness, and oxymorons

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Let's compare this openness pledge to Microsoft's reality with Sharepoint, as
    | but one example. If you want to use Microsoft's Sharepoint, you must use
    | Microsoft's SQL Server, Windows, Office, IIS, Active Directory, etc. It also
    | works much better with Internet Explorer, and is crippled in Firefox, Safari,
    | etc. * *
    |
    | Are we to assume that Microsoft has seen the light and is now embracing
    | openness as its salvation? Not likely. *
    `----

    http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-993...bj=TheOpenRoad

    Recent:

    Interoperability for the other 90 percent of the world

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | With all the talk about interoperability rumbling around, I thought a quick
    | sanity check would be in order. Vendors are fond of talking about
    | interoperability, but myopia-challenged as we are, we tend to forget that
    | most software is not developed by vendors. It's developed by
    | so-called "customers." * *
    `----

    http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-992...bj=TheOpenRoad

  2. Re: [News] Disaster at So-called Microsoft "Interop" Conference of Fluff

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:28:48 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Priceless! The leeches and freeloaders are not welcome.

    Of course they are not.
    Would you want this typical Linux gang at your conference?

    The stench would overpower the room....

    http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

    Face it Schestowitz, the world shuns Linux at least in part because of the
    unstable behavior of the Linux community.

    People laugh at you *lusers.*

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Disaster at So-called Microsoft "Interop" Conference of Fluff

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic