[News] [SOT] New Version of OpenBSD Released - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [SOT] New Version of OpenBSD Released - Linux ; OpenBSD 4.3 Released ,----[ Quote ] | "We are pleased to announce the official release of OpenBSD 4.3," began | OpenBSD creator Theo de Raadt. "This is our 23nd release on CD-ROM (and 24rd | via FTP). We remain proud ...

  1. [News] [SOT] New Version of OpenBSD Released

    OpenBSD 4.3 Released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "We are pleased to announce the official release of OpenBSD 4.3," began
    | OpenBSD creator Theo de Raadt. "This is our 23nd release on CD-ROM (and 24rd
    | via FTP). We remain proud of OpenBSD's record of more than ten years with
    | only two remote holes in the default install."
    `----

    http://kerneltrap.org/OpenBSD/OpenBSD_4.3_Released

    Recent:

    SELinux vs. OpenBSD's Default Security

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Darrin Chandler suggested, "security should not be grafted on, it should be
    | integrated into the main development process. I'm sure the patch maintainers
    | are doing their best, but this doesn't change the fundamental flaw in the
    | process. It's not a flaw of their making, it's inherent in the situation. But
    | it's still a flaw." * *
    `----

    http://kerneltrap.org/OpenBSD/SELinu...fault_Security

    Related:

    OpenBSD Foundation established in Canada

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Today the OpenBSD Foundation announced that it has been fully formed as a
    | legal entity in Canada, with the stated purpose of acting as the legal entity
    | for handling donations and other legal and financial matters for the OpenBSD
    | operating system and its associated projects.
    `----

    http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/337/

  2. Re: [News] [SOT] New Version of OpenBSD Released

    [snips]

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:27:11 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > OpenBSD 4.3 Released
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | "We are pleased to announce the official release of OpenBSD 4.3,"
    > began | OpenBSD creator Theo de Raadt. "This is our 23nd release on
    > CD-ROM (and 24rd | via FTP). We remain proud of OpenBSD's record of more
    > than ten years with | only two remote holes in the default install."

    One might ask how many remote holes in a default install DOS had. Or the
    C64. Or the VIC 20. Or any number of systems.

    Now, two remote exploits in 10 years in a system running every available
    net service _and_ no intrusion protection or other measures, that'd be
    something to crow about.

    It's really easy to avoid remote exploits, if nothing's answering the
    phone.

+ Reply to Thread