http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blo...e_part_du.html

After reading a recent press release about System Center Operations
Manager 2007 being able to "manage Unix/Linux", the first
thought that goes through my head is WTF? Who in their right mind
would touch that product?

After thinking for a bit, I then realize this is the exact same
corporate strategy Microsoft has pursued with Active Directory.
Release a trojan horse into a corporation by making an inferior,
arguably broken, operating system, Windows, that won't work with
anything else, or follow the same standards, and then release a
steaming pile of bandages, duct tape, glue, and well ... poo, and
make everyone authenticate against it while charging an expensive
licensing fee.

I don't believe I've ever seen Microsoft's modus operandi ever described
so succinctly.

Here's the press release:

http://blogs.msdn.com/scxplat/archiv...onnectors.aspx

Comments there:

Adam said on April 30, 2008 11:14 AM:

A breif description of what functionality is available would be
nice. It would save me some time if all it does is check disk
space.

--
Microsoft has had clear competitors in the past. It's a good thing we have
museums to document that.