Canadian British Columbia's School District #73 opts for Debian GNU / Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Kamloops Thompson School District #73, British Columbia, Canada, with 55
| elementary and secondary schools, chose a majority of open source software on
| Debian GNU / Linux as it is easier to maintain and in their experience offers
| better support.
`----

http://www.techforce.com.br/index.ph...3_chose_debian

Many wins for Debian recently, also in Europe.

No wonder AstroTurfing has peaked amid Linux momentum.

Recent:

Deploying KDE to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]
| By the end of this year 29,000 labs serving some 32,000,000 students will be
| fully deployed and in active use.
|
| By the end of next year (2009) those numbers will have swelled to 53,000 labs
| serving some 52,000,000 students.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/d...ion-young.html

The brazilian Election Supreme Court migrates 430 thousand voting machines to
GNU / Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The brazilian Election Supreme Court announced at April 4th 2008, that the
| 2008 elections at Brazil will use GNU / Linux electronic voting machines with
| software digital authentication. *
|
| The Tribunal Superior Eleitoral (the brazilian Election Supreme Court),
| officially announced on April 4th, 2008, that the brazilian 2008 elections
| will use 430 thousand electronic voting machines migrated from VirtuOS and
| Windows CE to GNU / Linux and open source softwares for security and auditing
| defined by proper law. * *
`----

http://techforce.com.br/index.php/ne...rates_to_linux

CH: Geneva schools completely switch to Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| About 70,000 students and their 7,000 teachers in the Geneva school district
| will gradually be moving to Open Source.
`----

http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7576/6008

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]