  1. Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing

    "When I just install a single 1 GB everything locks up. The windows XP has
    no problem but I have nothing but issues in Ubuntu any version."

    #28 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...+freeze&page=3

    Linux just works!

  2. Re: Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of half wits from
    micoshaft corporation:

    > "When I just install a single 1 GB everything locks up.

    It works without any hassle.

    > The windows XP has
    > no problem but I have nothing but issues in Ubuntu any version."

    That means he is a windummy and don't know what he is doing.
    He needs to purchase Ubuntu support and let someone else fix it!!!

    > #28 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...highlight=Hard

    +freeze&page=3

    > Linux just works!

    Yes it does. And a lot better than micoshaft of micky mouse
    other OSen crapola.

    But I wonder, doofy have you ever made a penny for all this
    bum boying on behalf of micoshaft corporation
    spewing all this net abuse into COLA with
    help forum support posts (which illustrates
    extremely good tech support articles compared to windummy web****es)?

  3. Re: Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 07:19:16 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "When I just install a single 1 GB everything locks up. The windows XP
    > has no problem but I have nothing but issues in Ubuntu any version."
    >
    > #28 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ighlight=Hardy

    +freeze&page=3

    You are such a dishonest little ****.

    --
    Rick

  4. Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes beforehard-freezing"

    On May 1, 4:19 am, "DFS" wrote:
    "DFS" is an anonymous account that has been used by Microsoft
    agents for posting 9,789 lying anti-Linux propaganda posts
    to comp.os.linux.advocacy . The number of posts is tracked
    by groups.google.com .

    The agent chose the Subject line of the article to imply
    that this problem occurs with all Linux systems, which is
    an outrageous lie. The subject of the sentence --
    "Linux" -- is not restricted by any adjective that would
    make it refer to the particular Linux system having the
    problem; therefore it signifies all Linux systems.

    If he'd used instead, e.g., "JGuritza reports Linux freezing,
    blames hardware memory problem" it would have been an accurate
    title, not a lie. But then it would not have had Microsoft's
    desired effect of discouraging visitors to c.o.l.a from
    trying Linux.

    Current PCs, which access many billions of bytes per second from
    memory, do not have memory ECC (error checking and correction).
    This makes them a little cheaper, but requires that all of
    the billions of bytes (gigabytes) of RAM be absolutely perfect
    all the time. If a system experiences freezes, the first thing
    to do is run memtest86 for 24 hours. If it shows any errors,
    the failing memory stick must be replaced. A computer may
    freeze when running Linux, but not MS-Windows, or vice-versa,
    because one OS happens to put a vital instruction or piece of
    data in the bad memory location while the other doesn't. A
    system with good memory will always run memtest86 for 24 hours
    without failing.

    On May 1, 4:19 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > "When I just install a single 1 GB everything locks up. The windows XP has
    > no problem but I have nothing but issues in Ubuntu any version."
    > #28 athttp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=659048&highlight=Hardy+freez...

  5. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes beforehard-freezing"

    On May 1, 2:58 pm, Mark S Bilk wrote:
    > On May 1, 4:19 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > "DFS" is an anonymous account that has been used by Microsoft
    > agents for posting 9,789 lying anti-Linux propaganda posts
    > to comp.os.linux.advocacy . The number of posts is tracked
    > by groups.google.com .
    >
    > The agent chose the Subject line of the article to imply
    > that this problem occurs with all Linux systems, which is
    > an outrageous lie. The subject of the sentence --
    > "Linux" -- is not restricted by any adjective that would
    > make it refer to the particular Linux system having the
    > problem; therefore it signifies all Linux systems.
    >
    > If he'd used instead, e.g., "JGuritza reports Linux freezing,
    > blames hardware memory problem" it would have been an accurate
    > title, not a lie. But then it would not have had Microsoft's
    > desired effect of discouraging visitors to c.o.l.a from
    > trying Linux.
    >
    > Current PCs, which access many billions of bytes per second from
    > memory, do not have memory ECC (error checking and correction).
    > This makes them a little cheaper, but requires that all of
    > the billions of bytes (gigabytes) of RAM be absolutely perfect
    > all the time. If a system experiences freezes, the first thing
    > to do is run memtest86 for 24 hours. If it shows any errors,
    > the failing memory stick must be replaced. A computer may
    > freeze when running Linux, but not MS-Windows, or vice-versa,
    > because one OS happens to put a vital instruction or piece of
    > data in the bad memory location while the other doesn't. A
    > system with good memory will always run memtest86 for 24 hours
    > without failing.
    >
    > On May 1, 4:19 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >
    > > "When I just install a single 1 GB everything locks up. The windows XP has
    > > no problem but I have nothing but issues in Ubuntu any version."
    > > #28 athttp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=659048&highlight=Hardy+freez...

    My own opinion is that DFS is not a Microsoft agent but he might as
    well be one by the way he acts. As you say he tries to make Linux
    appear to be unusable in any form. Misleading subject lines is only
    part of it.

    I read the thread, and, as you say, it could be purely a hardware
    problem or something specific to Ubuntu 7.10. Personally I can't
    tell. I myself have been using Linux successfully on a few machines
    (5 right now) since 1997 and I have never had the OS crash. I have
    had difficulties in installation and configuration of systems, but
    nothing serious once things were set up. I have certainly had
    applications crash, but they don't bring down the system. The trolls
    will either call me a liar or else say that one person's experience
    doesn't count. Nevertheless it is true and it is just nonsense to say
    that Linux is unusable.

  6. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 21:33:26 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    Poor HPT.
    He still hasn't figured out what gives away his cnntp trolling
    activities...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    On Thu, 1 May 2008 17:06:07 -0700 (PDT), nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > My own opinion is that DFS is not a Microsoft agent but he might as
    > well be one by the way he acts. As you say he tries to make Linux
    > appear to be unusable in any form. Misleading subject lines is only
    > part of it.

    Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Linux, do you?

    Where are you decrying all the misleadingt subject lines Roy posts? Where
    are you decrying all the spam Roy fills this newsgroup with to make it
    "unusable"? Where are you decrying how Roy is off-topic more than half the
    time?

  8. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  9. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes beforehard-freezing"

    On May 1, 8:45 pm, Erik Funkenbusch
    wrote:
    > On Thu, 1 May 2008 17:06:07 -0700 (PDT), ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    > > ... DFS ... tries to make Linux appear to be unusable in any form.
    > > Misleading subject lines is only part of it.

    > Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Linux, do you?
    > Where are you decrying all the misleadingt subject lines Roy posts?

    Roy Schestowitz' Subject lines accurately reflect the content
    of the articles he references. Look and see for yourself.

    > are you decrying all the spam Roy fills this newsgroup with
    > to make it "unusable"? Where are you decrying how Roy is
    > off-topic more than half the time?

    The charter for c.o.l.a is "Benefits of Linux compared to
    other operating systems". That defines what is on-topic.
    Roy's articles are about Linux, Microsoft Windows (the main
    alternative to Linux), and Microsoft's many attacks against
    Linux (e.g., financing SCO with $100,000,000 to make false
    legal attacks against Linux, coercing computer and peripheral
    manufacturers to not support Linux, bribing columnists to praise
    MS-Windows and criticize Linux, etc., etc.). His articles
    are therefore exactly on topic and are certainly not spam.

    Microsoft has its agents constantly attack Roy Schestowitz
    because it doesn't want the public to receive accurate
    information about the benefits of Linux and about Microsoft's
    deceptive and sometimes criminal attacks against it.

    All three of Erik Funkenbusch's attacks against Schestowitz
    are lies that Microsoft has used many times before.
    If memory serves, Erik is an "ex-" Microsoft employee.

  10. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes beforehard-freezing"

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    > Poor HPT. He still hasn't figured out what gives away his
    > cnntp trolling activities...

    Rather, I'd say that this troll hasn't gotten a clue what gives
    him away. What is most humorous is that he hasn't a clue. Wrong
    again as usual. Unless of course he was referring to my advocacy
    post I just made that he replied to.

    So trolling is posting positive notes on Linux and FOSS, and in
    comparison a negative plug or two on the competition.

    This is weird. But then, I would not expect it any different.

    One thing he has going for him is consistence. That is general
    hatred of advocates for no good reason.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  11. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes beforehard-freezing"

    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >> Poor HPT. He still hasn't figured out what gives away his
    >> cnntp trolling activities...

    > One thing he has going for him is consistence. That is
    > general hatred of advocates for no good reason.

    Oh, and I wanted to add. I haven't a clue who the anonymous
    CNNTP anti-Moshe/Flatfish poster is. But then, neither does he.
    The jerk keeps grasping for straws ....

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  12. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    > On Thu, 1 May 2008 17:06:07 -0700 (PDT), nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >
    >> My own opinion is that DFS is not a Microsoft agent but he might as
    >> well be one by the way he acts. As you say he tries to make Linux
    >> appear to be unusable in any form. Misleading subject lines is only
    >> part of it.

    > Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Linux, do you?
    >
    > Where are you decrying all the misleadingt subject lines Roy posts? Where
    > are you decrying all the spam Roy fills this newsgroup with to make it
    > "unusable"? Where are you decrying how Roy is off-topic more than half the
    > time?

    Ahhh, how predictable...
    The old school playground argument of "He does it too! pick on him!"
    Grow up, ****enbush, grow up.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  13. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >> On Thu, 1 May 2008 17:06:07 -0700 (PDT), nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >>
    >>> My own opinion is that DFS is not a Microsoft agent but he might as
    >>> well be one by the way he acts. As you say he tries to make Linux
    >>> appear to be unusable in any form. Misleading subject lines is only
    >>> part of it.

    >> Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Linux, do you?
    >>
    >> Where are you decrying all the misleadingt subject lines Roy posts? Where
    >> are you decrying all the spam Roy fills this newsgroup with to make it
    >> "unusable"? Where are you decrying how Roy is off-topic more than half the
    >> time?

    > Ahhh, how predictable...
    > The old school playground argument of "He does it too! pick on him!"
    > Grow up, ****enbush, grow up.

    So says the great Andrew Halliwell - the most qualified little boy his
    mommy has.

    ,----
    | --
    | | |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack|
    | | spike1@freenet.co.uk |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|
    | | |can't move, with no hope of rescue. |
    | | Andrew Halliwell BSc |Consider how lucky you are that life has been |
    | | in |good to you so far... |
    | | Computer Science | -The BOOK, Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy.|
    `----

    A Bsc! Wow! hey everyone listen to little Andy! He has a degree! Wow oh
    wow oh wow!

  14. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    "Mark S Bilk" wrote in message
    > On May 1, 4:19 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > "DFS" is an anonymous account that has been used by Microsoft
    > agents for posting 9,789 lying anti-Linux propaganda posts
    > to comp.os.linux.advocacy . The number of posts is tracked
    > by groups.google.com .

    Do you have proof that he's a "Microsoft agent" - of course not. You're a
    liar.

    > The agent chose the Subject line of the article to imply
    > that this problem occurs with all Linux systems, which is
    > an outrageous lie. The subject of the sentence --
    > "Linux" -- is not restricted by any adjective that would
    > make it refer to the particular Linux system having the
    > problem; therefore it signifies all Linux systems.

    Besides being a liar, you also have a reading comprehension problem.

    > If he'd used instead, e.g., "JGuritza reports Linux freezing,
    > blames hardware memory problem" it would have been an accurate
    > title, not a lie. But then it would not have had Microsoft's
    > desired effect of discouraging visitors to c.o.l.a from
    > trying Linux.

    The large volume of posts here from Roy Spamowitz and nonsense from idiots
    like you is what keeps people away.

    > Current PCs, which access many billions of bytes per second from
    > memory, do not have memory ECC (error checking and correction).
    > This makes them a little cheaper, but requires that all of
    > the billions of bytes (gigabytes) of RAM be absolutely perfect
    > all the time. If a system experiences freezes, the first thing
    > to do is run memtest86 for 24 hours. If it shows any errors,
    > the failing memory stick must be replaced. A computer may
    > freeze when running Linux, but not MS-Windows, or vice-versa,
    > because one OS happens to put a vital instruction or piece of
    > data in the bad memory location while the other doesn't. A
    > system with good memory will always run memtest86 for 24 hours
    > without failing.

    Take it to alt.computers.hardware.

  15. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    wrote in message
    > On May 1, 2:58 pm, Mark S Bilk wrote:
    >> On May 1, 4:19 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >> "DFS" is an anonymous account that has been used by Microsoft
    >> agents for posting 9,789 lying anti-Linux propaganda posts
    >> to comp.os.linux.advocacy . The number of posts is tracked
    >> by groups.google.com .
    >>
    >> The agent chose the Subject line of the article to imply
    >> that this problem occurs with all Linux systems, which is
    >> an outrageous lie. The subject of the sentence --
    >> "Linux" -- is not restricted by any adjective that would
    >> make it refer to the particular Linux system having the
    >> problem; therefore it signifies all Linux systems.
    >>
    >> If he'd used instead, e.g., "JGuritza reports Linux freezing,
    >> blames hardware memory problem" it would have been an accurate
    >> title, not a lie. But then it would not have had Microsoft's
    >> desired effect of discouraging visitors to c.o.l.a from
    >> trying Linux.
    >>

    > The trolls will either call me a liar or else say that one
    > person's experience doesn't count.

    Of course one persons's experience counts. If some anonymous blogger named
    "tuxfan48" writes that Vista sucks it's sure to be posted here in COLA as
    "News."

    > Nevertheless it is true and it is just nonsense to say
    > that Linux is unusable.

    Exactly. Linux is always perfect. It's Windows that is completely unusable.
    It crashes into a BSOD every 10 minutes and people need to download service
    packs 4x a day. Despite running on 90-something percent of the worlds
    desktops, Windows doesn't work at all and is completely unusable. It's true
    because I read it in COLA.

  16. Re: Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing

    On May 1, 7:19 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > "When I just install a single 1 GB everything locks up. The windows XP has
    > no problem but I have nothing but issues in Ubuntu any version."
    >
    > #28 athttp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=659048&highlight=Hardy+freez...
    >
    > Linux just works!

    I guess you are referring to the part that says:

    Late last night I said to myself lets just try it with a 512 MB stick
    I had. The installation went fine and 7.10 is running like a top right
    now. I have not had any freezes or issues. I was even able to get my
    ATI 9550 Radeon drivers installed without issue.

    Try running 64 bit Vista in 512 MB of RAM.

    If you followed the thread, it turns out that it was a bad memory chip
    in his "Stick" (DIMM?)

    It also makes no mention of anything "working with XP".

  17. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Linux, do you?

    Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Micro$oft, do you?

    >Where are you decrying all the lies that Hadron and Flatfish post? Where
    >are you decrying all the spam DFS fills this newsgroup with to make it
    >"unusable"?

    This is a Linux *advocacy* group, you hypocritical asshole.

  18. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    chrisv writes:

    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >>Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Linux, do you?

    > Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Micro$oft, do you?
    >
    >>Where are you decrying all the lies that Hadron and Flatfish post?
    >>Where

    What lies Erik? Point to one.

    >>are you decrying all the spam DFS fills this newsgroup with to make it
    >>"unusable"?

    > This is a Linux *advocacy* group, you hypocritical asshole.

    --
    < sam> /.ing an issue is like asking an infinite number of monkeys for
    advice

  19. Re: "Linux just works!" For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing

    Mark S Bilk wrote:
    > On May 1, 4:19 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > "DFS" is an anonymous account that has been used by Microsoft
    > agents

    Liar.

    > for posting 9,789 lying anti-Linux propaganda posts
    > to comp.os.linux.advocacy .

    Liar.

    > The agent chose the Subject line of the article to imply
    > that this problem occurs with all Linux systems, which is
    > an outrageous lie.

    But random or frequent locking up/freezing up requiring hard boots does
    occur with all Linux distros, and with every Linux user (but we all know
    Linux lusers lie about how everything 'just works').

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/62rpe6

    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2008&safe=off

    > The subject of the sentence --
    > "Linux" -- is not restricted by any adjective that would
    > make it refer to the particular Linux system having the
    > problem; therefore it signifies all Linux systems.

    As well it should, because you can find virtually identical problem reports
    on all the top Linux dirtware distros. No other modern OS freezes up and
    loses your data and forces hard boots at the rate of Linux. It's not even
    close.

    > If he'd used instead, e.g., "JGuritza reports Linux freezing,
    > blames hardware memory problem" it would have been an accurate
    > title, not a lie.

    But it isn't a hardware memory problem - it's a Linux slopware problem. He
    doesn't have any freezing issues using Windows XP on the same hardware.

    > But then it would not have had Microsoft's
    > desired effect of discouraging visitors to c.o.l.a from
    > trying Linux.

    MS probably does desire that effect - how would I know?

    So why don't the "many eyes" of open source fix the junk? The deluge of
    Linux problems reported on the forums is shocking for an OS with such a tiny
    user base.

    > Current PCs, which access many billions of bytes per second from
    > memory, do not have memory ECC (error checking and correction).
    > This makes them a little cheaper, but requires that all of
    > the billions of bytes (gigabytes) of RAM be absolutely perfect
    > all the time. If a system experiences freezes, the first thing
    > to do is run memtest86 for 24 hours.

    Why 24? Why not one?

    > If it shows any errors,
    > the failing memory stick must be replaced. A computer may
    > freeze when running Linux, but not MS-Windows, or vice-versa,
    > because one OS happens to put a vital instruction or piece of
    > data in the bad memory location while the other doesn't.

    So maybe they could "just happen" to fix Ubuntu? In the meantime, everyone
    should stay away from Linux.

    > A system with good memory will always run
    > memtest86 for 24 hours without failing.

    Put in 1gb of RAM and his Linux crudware OS freezes every 2 minutes.
    Windows XP has no such problem on the same machine with the same memory.

    > On May 1, 4:19 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >> "When I just install a single 1 GB everything locks up. The windows
    >> XP has
    >> no problem but I have nothing but issues in Ubuntu any version."
    >> at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=Hardy+freez...

  20. Re: Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing

    Rex Ballard wrote:

    > If you followed the thread, it turns out that it was a bad memory chip
    > in his "Stick" (DIMM?)

    No, it was not a bad memory chip. It was, and is, a bad operating system.
    XP ran fine on the same memory.

    > It also makes no mention of anything "working with XP".

    Of course it does. I quoted just from reply #28, but let's do have a closer
    look at the Ubuntu problems he and others report throughout the ordeal:

    Title: Why does my 7.10 installation just freeeze?

    #1: I have tested the memory and no issues there.

    #1: Once I get to the desktop I have any where from 20 seconds to 2 minutes
    before the entire desktop locks up.

    #2: with respect to your issue, as it has been faced by quite a few

    #11: I get 20 to 45 seconds before everyhting locks up solid.

    #13: I tried to install 7.10 with just my 1 GB RAM and nothing but issues
    and freezes.

    #17: I was shocked late last night to have a working installation that was
    not freezing

    #19: reinstalled system twice and... in 1-5 minutes it was frozen after
    every reboot again and again!

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...t=Hardy+freeze

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast