Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing - Linux ; chrisv wrote: >Erik Funkenbusch wrote: > >>Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Linux, do you? > >Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Micro$oft, do you? > >>Where are you decrying all the lies that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    chrisv wrote:

    >Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >>Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Linux, do you?

    >Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Micro$oft, do you?
    >
    >>Where are you decrying all the lies that Hadron and Flatfish post? Where
    >>are you decrying all the spam DFS fills this newsgroup with to make it
    >>"unusable"?

    Opps! Mea culpa. Erik did not write the above, as quoted. I meant
    to copy/paste what he wrote, and then edit the "paste" with the new
    names.

    Here is what Erik actually wrote:

    >>Where are you decrying all the misleadingt subject lines Roy posts? Where
    >>are you decrying all the spam Roy fills this newsgroup with to make it
    >>"unusable"? Where are you decrying how Roy is off-topic more than half the
    >>time?

    I do not intentionally post-edit!

  2. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    chrisv wrote:
    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >> Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Linux, do you?

    > Gee, don't like it when someone does it against Micro$oft, do you?
    >
    >> Where are you decrying all the lies that Hadron and Flatfish post?
    >> Where are you decrying all the spam DFS fills this newsgroup with to
    >> make it "unusable"?

    > This is a Linux *advocacy* group, you hypocritical asshole.

    The HELL it is, fool.

  3. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    Hadron wrote in

    chrisv changed Erik's message. Here is what Erik *actually* said:

    >>> Where are you decrying all the misleadingt subject lines Roy posts?
    >>> Where are you decrying all the spam Roy fills this newsgroup with to
    >>> make it "unusable"? Where are you decrying how Roy is off-topic
    >>> more than half the time?

    chrisv is dishonest, and this is just a further example to that effect.

  5. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    Book of Job wrote:

    >chrisv is dishonest, and this is just a further example to that effect.

    Fsck you troll. I made a mistake, and already offered my mea culpa
    here: <6q8m141p8r9cen5ml58ij1u7fogdncqqf6@4ax.com>

    *plonk*

  6. Re: Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing

    "Microsoft Wheel. Now with 8 sides for a smoother ride."
    -- The Ghost in the Machine, in COLA

  7. Re: Microsoft Lie: "Linux just works for up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing"

    chrisv wrote in

    > Book of Job wrote:
    >
    >>chrisv is dishonest, and this is just a further example to that
    >>effect.

    > Fsck you troll. I made a mistake, and already offered my mea culpa
    > here: <6q8m141p8r9cen5ml58ij1u7fogdncqqf6@4ax.com>

    Even in your mea culpa you prove your dishonesty. After all, you can
    claim that "[you] do not intentionally post-edit", but this is the
    second time in the last week you've been called for such behavior, the
    first time being by Tim Smith in

    > *plonk*

    I thought you had already plonked me?

    Ahh, yes, here it is.

    If you need some help figuring out how to make filters stick, I hear
    William Poaster is a pro at that type of thing.

  8. Re: Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    > Trolls lie
    > DFS is a troll
    >
    > connect the dots.

    Where's the lie? There is none.

    You can't even do that simple kid's game without falling over - sort of like
    your favorite OS that falls over doing the simplest tasks.

  9. Re: Linux just works! For up to 2 minutes before hard-freezing

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7

    wrote
    on Thu, 01 May 2008 19:58:49 GMT
    :
    > Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of half wits from
    > micoshaft corporation:
    >
    >> "When I just install [Ubuntu on] a single 1 GB everything locks up.

    > It works without any hassle.

    Neither of you are being anywhere near specific enough to
    diagnose this problem. Go back to your corners and try
    again. ;-)

    I have a 1 *TERABYTE* storage system; works fine under
    Linux. I can even boot off it if I edit the GRUB command
    line -- handy for backing up the internal drive.

    I did have to fdisk and mkfs.ext3 it -- but I'd have to
    do that with any new drive, if I want to use ext3 (the
    thing came prepartitioned with 1 big NTFS crud partition,
    with some preloaded software that I copied into /usr/local
    and will just keep it around if I want to actually look at
    it someday -- but tar and zip are simpler to script and,
    at least for me, use).

    As for 1 GB -- a basic Gentoo Linux install works thereon
    (for e.g. UML) but it's 62% full, sans X server (which
    UML doesn't support anyway; QEMU might). I suspect part
    of the problem here is simply lack of disk space.

    [rest snipped]

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #8830129:
    std::set<...> v; for(..:iterator i = v.begin(); i != v.end(); i++)
    if(*i == thing) {...}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2