Linux just works! Only crashes every day or so - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux just works! Only crashes every day or so - Linux ; "Perhaps once every day, or two days, my 64-bit Xubuntu Gutsy will decide to freeze, seemingly randomly. Tonight was a classic example: I was using totem to play music. Then all of a sudden, the music stops, so I do ...

  1. Linux just works! Only crashes every day or so

    "Perhaps once every day, or two days, my 64-bit Xubuntu Gutsy will decide to
    freeze, seemingly randomly. Tonight was a classic example:
    I was using totem to play music. Then all of a sudden, the music stops, so I
    do the obvious thing, and click on totem to see whats going on...then all of
    a sudden, the computer beeps and I'm back to the login screen. So, I login
    again, and everything seemingly works ok, except totem doesn't work. Then,
    after 10 minutes or so, the same thing happens with a different program. And
    so on and so forth, until the system becomes really, really unstable."

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...t=Hardy+freeze

    Linux just works!

  2. Re: Linux just works! Only crashes every day or so

    Do you still have the box that the system came in?

    --
    Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
    "There's something vewy scwewy going on awound here." -- Elmer Fudd

+ Reply to Thread