Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67% - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67% - Linux ; Go Linux, go!!! http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

  1. Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

  2. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    OK wrote:
    > Go Linux, go!!!
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    No, according to that site, Linux already reached 0.67% during January.

  3. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    Matt writes:

    > OK wrote:
    >> Go Linux, go!!!
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    > No, according to that site, Linux already reached 0.67% during January.

    You tell 'em Matt!

    --
    revision 1.17.2.7
    date: 2001/05/31 21:32:44; author: branden; state: Exp; lines: +1 -1

  4. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    OK wrote:
    > Go Linux, go!!!
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    It's on fire! And if you're not careful, your Linux computer will be too...

    "Under Windows XP, when my laptop starts to get hot, the operating system
    scales down my processor speed, so everything goes slower but nothing gets
    damaged, the computer doesn't crash, and I don't lose my work.

    Under Ubuntu Linux, when my laptop starts to get really hot, the computer
    shuts down and I lose all my work.

    How do I make Linux deal with overheating intelligently instead of just
    crashing?"

  5. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    "OK" schreef in bericht
    > Go Linux, go!!!
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    And growing fast; 0.06 in one month is quite an achievement. I bet that they
    might double their marketshare to an astonishing 1.2 %, before 2009. M$ has
    something to worry about.

  6. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 67%

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 11:35:10 +0200, OK wrote:

    > Go Linux, go!!!

    And what would be your name?

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  7. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 13:30:31 +0200, Hans wrote:

    > M$ has
    > something to worry about.

    Then why are they paying you to be here?

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  8. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    On Thu, 1 May 2008 07:21:53 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > OK wrote:
    >> Go Linux, go!!!
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    > It's on fire! And if you're not careful, your Linux computer will be too...
    >

    > "Under Windows XP, when my laptop starts to get hot, the operating system
    > scales down my processor speed, so everything goes slower but nothing gets
    > damaged, the computer doesn't crash, and I don't lose my work.
    >
    > Under Ubuntu Linux, when my laptop starts to get really hot, the computer
    > shuts down and I lose all my work.
    >
    > How do I make Linux deal with overheating intelligently instead of just
    > crashing?"

    Here is the Linux solution to overheating laptops:

    http://tinyurl.com/3hmwhl

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  9. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Thu, 1 May 2008 07:21:53 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> OK wrote:
    >>> Go Linux, go!!!
    >>>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    >> It's on fire! And if you're not careful, your Linux computer will be
    >> too...
    >>

    >> "Under Windows XP, when my laptop starts to get hot, the operating system
    >> scales down my processor speed, so everything goes slower but nothing
    >> gets damaged, the computer doesn't crash, and I don't lose my work.
    >>
    >> Under Ubuntu Linux, when my laptop starts to get really hot, the computer
    >> shuts down and I lose all my work.
    >>
    >> How do I make Linux deal with overheating intelligently instead of just
    >> crashing?"

    > Here is the Linux solution to overheating laptops:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3hmwhl

    I see that you are really behind the times. That trouble report is from May
    2005.

    I have found that my laptop has run cooler and I get better battery life
    under Linux than under Windows for several years now.

    Hardy is even better. The laptop now runs so cool that I can actually
    finally put it on my lap. It makes using this laptop a pleasure.

    Ian

  10. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=102236

    >> Here is the Linux solution to overheating laptops:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/3hmwhl
    >>

    > I see that you are really behind the times. That trouble report is from May
    > 2005.
    >
    > I have found that my laptop has run cooler and I get better battery life
    > under Linux than under Windows for several years now.

    Complete and utter rubbish.

    Which cpu frequency stepper are you using? Make and model of your laptop
    please and describe what you did under windows compared to Linux.

    My thinkpad runs out of battery *much* faster than it did under Windows.

    Not withstanding that hibernate doesn't work under Linux either.

  11. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

  12. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    * Ian Hilliard peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > I see that you are really behind the times. That trouble report is from May
    > 2005.
    >
    > I have found that my laptop has run cooler and I get better battery life
    > under Linux than under Windows for several years now.
    >
    > Hardy is even better. The laptop now runs so cool that I can actually
    > finally put it on my lap. It makes using this laptop a pleasure.

    Whenever my laptop fan goes on, I am surprised.

    When it happens, what usually is at fault is some Firefox/JavaScript
    code going out of control and driving the CPU to 100%.

    What's even funnier is, I don't even notice /any/ effect of 100% on my
    normal usage. It takes the fan coming on to notify me.

    --
    It's not manufacturers trying to rip anybody off or anything like that.
    There's nobody getting rich writing software that I know of.

  13. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:53:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Ian Hilliard writes:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Here is the Linux solution to overheating laptops:
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/3hmwhl
    >>>

    >> I see that you are really behind the times. That trouble report is from May
    >> 2005.
    >>
    >> I have found that my laptop has run cooler and I get better battery life
    >> under Linux than under Windows for several years now.

    > Complete and utter rubbish.
    >
    > Which cpu frequency stepper are you using? Make and model of your laptop
    > please and describe what you did under windows compared to Linux.
    >
    > My thinkpad runs out of battery *much* faster than it did under Windows.
    >
    > Not withstanding that hibernate doesn't work under Linux either.

    Same story here on a Thinkpad T42.
    Hibernate destroys data if I try and use it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:27:21 +0200, Hans wrote:

    > They don't pay me,

    Well of course they do. The only question is the name MS puts on the
    check.

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  15. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 23:46:34 +0800, Ian Hilliard wrote:

    > I see that you are really behind the times. That trouble report is from May
    > 2005.

    Isn't that about the time period between MS releases and security updates?

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  16. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 67%

    "Ruben" wrote
    newsan.2008.05.01.13.02.56.334843@www2.mrbrklyn.com...
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 11:35:10 +0200, OK wrote:
    >
    >> Go Linux, go!!!

    > And what would be your name?

    He's OK, you can **** off and die now George, you trolltard!

  17. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 13:18:57 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:53:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Ian Hilliard writes:
    >>
    >>> I have found that my laptop has run cooler and I get better battery
    >>> life under Linux than under Windows for several years now.

    >> Complete and utter rubbish.
    >>
    >> Which cpu frequency stepper are you using? Make and model of your
    >> laptop please and describe what you did under windows compared to
    >> Linux.
    >>
    >> My thinkpad runs out of battery *much* faster than it did under
    >> Windows.
    >>
    >> Not withstanding that hibernate doesn't work under Linux either.

    > Same story here on a Thinkpad T42.
    > Hibernate destroys data if I try and use it.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  18. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    kaptain kaput wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 13:18:57 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> Same story here on a Thinkpad T42.
    >> Hibernate destroys data if I try and use it.

    > Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    > Traits:
    >
    > * Nym shifting (see below)
    > * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    > * Homophobic
    > * Racist
    > * Habitual liar
    > * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    > * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    Bwaaahaaahaaa!

    --
    HPT

  19. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    "Ruben" schreef in bericht
    newsan.2008.05.01.17.32.35.908532@www2.mrbrklyn.com...
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:27:21 +0200, Hans wrote:
    >
    >> They don't pay me,

    > Well of course they do. The only question is the name MS puts on the
    > check.
    >
    > Ruben

    How much does (viruswriter & spammer) Schestowitz pay you? for helping him
    after his OOXML debacle! huh.
    Even your pictures are quite pricey, you hypocrite. You do nothing without
    getting paid, Mr. "CEO".
    http://www.mccullagh.org/cgi-bin/ord...me=ruben-safir
    Order a Ruben Safir picture.
    7" x 11" - $95
    10" x 15" - $125
    13" x 19" - $155
    16" x 24" - $195
    20" x 30" - $235
    30" x 40" - $365
    40" x 60" - $625
    48" x 72" - $995
    LMFAO @ you

  20. Re: Linux reaches all-time high in April: 0.67%

    KUTLOZE SCHEEFGEPOEPTE wrote:
    > "Wendy Toiletwater" schreef...
    >> kaptain kaput wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >>> Traits:
    >>>
    >>> * Nym shifting (see below)
    >>> * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    >>> * Homophobic
    >>> * Racist
    >>> * Habitual liar
    >>> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related
    >>> newsgroups
    >>> * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    >> Bwaaahaaahaaa!

    > Hi Ge

    Leugenaar!

    --
    HPT AKA Wendy Toiletwater, Rafael, kaptain kaput, roys testicles, mista
    twista, itchy balls, akady duntov, Schlomo Smykowski

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast