Linux just works! Well, except dual-layer DVDs hard-freeze it every time. - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux just works! Well, except dual-layer DVDs hard-freeze it every time. - Linux ; "I'm running MEPIS 6.5 with the 2.6.15-27-desktop-smp (32 bit) kernel. My CD/DVD R/W drive is a Toshiba TS-H652L. The problem occurs when I place a dual-layer data DVD in the drive and attempt to read the disk. MEPIS completely freezes ...

  1. Linux just works! Well, except dual-layer DVDs hard-freeze it every time.

    "I'm running MEPIS 6.5 with the 2.6.15-27-desktop-smp (32 bit) kernel. My
    CD/DVD R/W drive is a Toshiba TS-H652L.

    The problem occurs when I place a dual-layer data DVD in the drive and
    attempt to read the disk. MEPIS completely freezes up. I mean, everything
    screeches to a halt and freezes solid, including the mouse pointer. Hitting
    Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing, nor does hitting Ctrl-Alt-Esc allow me to
    kill the process. The only way to shut down the computer when this happens
    is to turn off the power."

    http://mepislovers.org/forums/showth...hlight=freezes

    Linux just works!

  2. Re: Linux just works! Well, except dual-layer DVDs hard-freeze itevery time.

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:30:25 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I'm running MEPIS 6.5 with the 2.6.15-27-desktop-smp (32 bit) kernel.
    > My CD/DVD R/W drive is a Toshiba TS-H652L.
    >
    > The problem occurs when I place a dual-layer data DVD in the drive and
    > attempt to read the disk. MEPIS completely freezes up. I mean,
    > everything screeches to a halt and freezes solid, including the mouse
    > pointer. Hitting Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing, nor does hitting
    > Ctrl-Alt-Esc allow me to kill the process. The only way to shut down the
    > computer when this happens is to turn off the power."
    >
    > http://mepislovers.org/forums/showth...hlight=freezes
    >
    > Linux just works!

    <http://www.fixya.com/support/p557492-
    lg_gsa_h22n_dvd_rw_dual_layer_burner>

    Problems with LG GSA-H22N DVD±RW Dual Layer Burner?

    Burning Dual Layer DVD's (Layer Breaks probs)

    According to your logic, Windows just works, except for using dual layer
    DVDs.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread