Linux just works! After its morning lockup requiring a hard reboot, of course - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux just works! After its morning lockup requiring a hard reboot, of course - Linux ; "I have loaded and reloaded and reloaded. Mepis works GREAT! However, it freezes every morning when I get back on it. I am VERY new to Linux (and Mepis) and I am a little worried about having to manually turn ...

  1. Linux just works! After its morning lockup requiring a hard reboot, of course

    "I have loaded and reloaded and reloaded. Mepis works GREAT! However, it
    freezes every morning when I get back on it. I am VERY new to Linux (and
    Mepis) and I am a little worried about having to manually turn my computer
    off and restart it without shutting down every morning. Ctrl + Alt + Bksp
    does not work. Ctrl + Alt + Del also does not work. In the morning, at first
    it seems as if it will work, then it almost acts like the CPU is working too
    hard and slow, then it freezes."

    http://mepislovers.org/forums/showth...hlight=freezes

    Linux just works!

  2. Re: Linux just works! After its morning lockup requiring a hardreboot, of course

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:28:29 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I have loaded and reloaded and reloaded. Mepis works GREAT! However, it
    > freezes every morning when I get back on it. I am VERY new to Linux (and
    > Mepis) and I am a little worried about having to manually turn my
    > computer off and restart it without shutting down every morning. Ctrl +
    > Alt + Bksp does not work. Ctrl + Alt + Del also does not work. In the
    > morning, at first it seems as if it will work, then it almost acts like
    > the CPU is working too hard and slow, then it freezes."
    >
    > http://mepislovers.org/forums/showth...hlight=freezes
    >
    > Linux just works!

    <http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6035_102-0.html%
    3Bjsessionid=abc5LcJ9YJw_j9r_DNyDr?forumID=133&threadID=232134>

    Windows Vista: Vista freezes every 1 or 2 minutes

    Computer Freezes every 2 seconds.

    Windows just works... when its not freezing up.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread