Scoble dumps MS Office - Linux

This is a discussion on Scoble dumps MS Office - Linux ; My Microsoft Office trial is over. I am not spending $450 just to get Outlook. Gmail and Google Calendar win this game: big time. http://twitter.com/Scobleizer/statuses/800474897...

  1. Scoble dumps MS Office

    My Microsoft Office trial is over. I am not spending $450 just to get
    Outlook. Gmail and Google Calendar win this game: big time.

    http://twitter.com/Scobleizer/statuses/800474897

  2. Re: Scoble dumps MS Office

    ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Wednesday 30 April 2008 23:12 : \____

    > My Microsoft Office trial is over. I am not spending $450 just to get
    > Outlook. Gmail and Google Calendar win this game: big time.
    >

    > http://twitter.com/Scobleizer/statuses/800474897

    We'll be seeing more such stories, but not many people will Twit about it (or
    be noticed). Didn't the sales of Office sink along with Windows in that last
    report? I can't recall for sure.

    Microsoft tries to move online (and give ODF the elbow) for a reason.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Judging the success of GNU/Linux only by Desktop usage is like judging a prime
    minister based on a pissing contest.

  3. Re: Scoble dumps MS Office

    In article <4169547.J6Yf3cqU3E@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > be noticed). Didn't the sales of Office sink along with Windows in that last
    > report? I can't recall for sure.

    Then why don't you check? Or, like proofreading, is even the simplest
    checking of facts before speaking something that you refuse to do?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: Scoble dumps MS Office

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 01:25:10 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <4169547.J6Yf3cqU3E@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> be noticed). Didn't the sales of Office sink along with Windows in that last
    >> report? I can't recall for sure.

    > Then why don't you check? Or, like proofreading, is even the simplest
    > checking of facts before speaking something that you refuse to do?

    Because Roy Schestowitz has already admitted he doesn't have the time to
    proof read his articles.

    He has also admitted, on digg, that he has no time for discussion.

    With Roy Schestowitz it's quantity not quality.
    He has to keep the output high so his masters are kept happy and his wallet
    filled.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Scoble dumps MS Office

  6. Re: Scoble dumps MS Office

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Wednesday 30 April 2008 23:12 : \____
    >

    >> My Microsoft Office trial is over. I am not spending $450 just to get
    >> Outlook. Gmail and Google Calendar win this game: big time.
    >>

    >> http://twitter.com/Scobleizer/statuses/800474897

    > We'll be seeing more such stories, but not many people will Twit about it (or
    > be noticed). Didn't the sales of Office sink along with Windows in that last
    > report? I can't recall for sure.
    >
    > Microsoft tries to move online (and give ODF the elbow) for a reason.

    We're in the end-game, now.

  7. Re: Scoble dumps MS Office

    ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 07 May 2008 06:58 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Wednesday 30 April 2008 23:12 : \____
    >>

    >>> My Microsoft Office trial is over. I am not spending $450 just to get
    >>> Outlook. Gmail and Google Calendar win this game: big time.
    >>>

    >>> http://twitter.com/Scobleizer/statuses/800474897

    >> We'll be seeing more such stories, but not many people will Twit about it
    >> (or be noticed). Didn't the sales of Office sink along with Windows in that
    >> last report? I can't recall for sure.
    >>
    >> Microsoft tries to move online (and give ODF the elbow) for a reason.
    >>

    > We're in the end-game, now.

    Just spotted in the news:

    "But as Scoble adds, the problems with Vista have already damaged the Microsoft
    brand - and more important, it has negatively affected the company's market
    share. Microsoft has never had to deal with such issues before. It will be
    interesting to see what the company does to try to recover."

    http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8244682

    Ouch.

    Remember: this guy used to be Microsoft's chief cheerleader.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
    Swap: 1510068k total, 375884k used, 1134184k free, 63728k cached

  8. Re: Scoble dumps MS Office

    On Wed, 7 May 2008 06:58:01 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Wednesday 30 April 2008 23:12 : \____
    >>

    >>> My Microsoft Office trial is over. I am not spending $450 just to get
    >>> Outlook. Gmail and Google Calendar win this game: big time.
    >>>

    >>> http://twitter.com/Scobleizer/statuses/800474897

    >> We'll be seeing more such stories, but not many people will Twit about it (or
    >> be noticed). Didn't the sales of Office sink along with Windows in that last
    >> report? I can't recall for sure.
    >>
    >> Microsoft tries to move online (and give ODF the elbow) for a reason.
    >>

    > We're in the end-game, now.

    Errr... no...
    The game ended 10 years ago Mark Kent.
    You just seem to have missed it, at least by night.

    By day, you use the very software and proprietary tactics that you so
    disdain by night as a Linux loon.

    In short, Mark Kent, you are a hypocrite.

    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our services,
    allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."

    Mark Kent
    Head of Technology Strategy

    http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=products

    https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com...10ba73b82dbdb4