[News] Report from Linuxfest Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0 - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Report from Linuxfest Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0 - Linux ; Linuxfest Northwest 2008 Report ,----[ Quote ] | For those unfamiliar with the Linuxfest Northwest, it is an annual, two-day | event held at Bellingham Technical College in Bellingham, Washington on the | last weekend in April. It has become ...

  1. [News] Report from Linuxfest Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

    Linuxfest Northwest 2008 Report

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For those unfamiliar with the Linuxfest Northwest, it is an annual, two-day
    | event held at Bellingham Technical College in Bellingham, Washington on the
    | last weekend in April. It has become a hub of Linux activity in the Northwest
    | with several of the Washington area Linux Users Groups supporting it.
    | Visitors seem to come from all over the country especially those places that
    | don't have a Linux conference anywhere near them. I also attended the LFNW
    | last year so a bit of this review compares this year with last.
    `----

    http://www.montanalinux.org/linuxfes...ttsreport.html

    about:mozilla - Mitchell’s keynote, Firefox in Europe, AMO changes, Marketing
    news, Firefox bookmarks, and more

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On April 24th, Mitchell Baker gave a keynote talk at the Web 2.0 conference.
    | Doug Turner has written up some of the highlights, and provides an embedded
    | video of the talk on his weblog. From the talk: “[T]here is only one web.
    | Firefox is the best and most effective platform for getting to that one web.
    | We are building Firefox for mobile to spark innovation and excitement. We
    | need an open web based development platform to do this. We view Firefox as
    | this platform.”
    `----

    http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews...arks-and-more/

    Firefox 3 improves handling of invalid SSL certificates

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I have downloaded the beta of Firefox 3 to check out the improvements related
    | to SSL. First, there's the added support for Extended Validation SSL
    | certificates, but I am not very excited about that (I wrote about this
    | previously in Extended Validation SSL certificates not going anywhere, as
    | predicted). It's a nice feature, but it's not going to bring much good
    | overall. On the other hand, I am very happy with the improvements to the
    | handling of invalid SSL certificates.
    `----

    http://blog.ivanristic.com/2008/04/firefox-3-ssl-i.html

    Recent:

    Firefox reached 29% share in Europe

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | XiTi Monitor has released the latest numbers on browsers utilization in
    | Europe and the rest of the world, announcing it has reached about 29% in
    | March 2008. *
    `----

    http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/04/f...are-in-europe/

    Recent:

    'We're Huge in Finland!' Firefox Hits New High as IE7 Lags

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Mozilla Firefox continued its slow but steady march against the worldwide
    | dominance of Microsoft Internet Explorer in 2007. Though the open-source web
    | browser continues to sit firmly in second place behind IE, where it's been
    | for years, usage of Firefox is still on the rise. The browser is even
    | threatening to tip the scales in some European countries -- most likely
    | thanks to the rapid internationalization efforts made possible by the
    | open-source development model.
    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...x-made-wo.html

    Related:

    Microsoft's browser market share drops 9.5 percent in a year

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft Explorer's share of the browser market has fallen almost 10 percent
    | in the past 12 months, to 63.9 percent, mostly at the expense of Firefox
    | which has boosted its share from 11.8 to 17.4 percent.
    `----

    http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14373/1054/

    Firefox passes 400 million downloads

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Firefox just passed the 400 million download mark, according to the Spread
    | Firefox site for promoting the open-source, extendable Web browser.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-977...&subj=NewsBlog

    IE6: The zombie browser

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Paul Graham's much-dissected essay Microsoft is Dead offers some witty and
    | perceptive analysis, but it sidesteps the fact that Microsoft's rotten corpse
    | will take decades to decompose.
    `----

    http://blogs.pathf.com/agileajax/200...e-zombie-.html

    IE7 Bites the Dust! Firefox 2.0 Did It!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In the same three months, Internet Explorer 7 only managed to move up from
    | 32.02% to 33.15% and to 33.55%, meaning that in the past two months IE7 only
    | jumped 1.53%.
    `----

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/IE7-B...It-64490.shtml

  2. Re: [News] Report from Linuxflop Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Linuxfest Northwest 2008 Report
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | For those unfamiliar with the Linuxfest Northwest, it is an annual,
    > two-day
    > | event held at Bellingham Technical College in Bellingham, Washington on
    > the
    > | last weekend in April. It has become a hub of Linux activity in the
    > Northwest
    > | with several of the Washington area Linux Users Groups supporting it.
    > | Visitors seem to come from all over the country especially those places
    > that
    > | don't have a Linux conference anywhere near them. I also attended the
    > LFNW
    > | last year so a bit of this review compares this year with last.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.montanalinux.org/linuxfes...ttsreport.html

    Gee - You seemed to have "accidently" skipped over this part of the article.

    Let's get this out of the way... it was obvious that there were less
    visitors to the show this year than last year. I haven't seen any numbers
    published yet though. While that might sound bad it did make for a better
    show as it allowed for more time with the presenters and the exhibit booth
    folks.

    It was "obvious that there were less visitors" - Obvious. Very obvious.

    Translation - It sucked last year and this year nobody but a few lusers
    bothered attending.

  3. Re: [News] Report from Linuxflop Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:35:49 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > Translation - It sucked last year and this year nobody but a few lusers
    > bothered attending.

    When are you exposing your name so those 'lusers', spelled like my 15 year
    old on her chat box, can actually respond to you seriously.

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  4. Re: [News] Report from Linuxflop Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

    ____/ Ruben on Wednesday 30 April 2008 16:25 : \____

    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:35:49 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> Translation - It sucked last year and this year nobody but a few lusers
    >> bothered attending.

    > When are you exposing your name so those 'lusers', spelled like my 15 year
    > old on her chat box, can actually respond to you seriously.
    >
    > Ruben

    His real name is Scott Douglas. He lives in Quebec or Toronto (Microsoft has a
    limit on visas, so it employs in Canada now).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Vista: Windows XP with bling-bling, nothing else
    Cpu(s): 24.1%us, 3.5%sy, 1.0%ni, 67.1%id, 4.0%wa, 0.2%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

  5. Re: [News] Report from Linuxflop Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:19:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> When are you exposing your name so those 'lusers', spelled like my 15 year
    >> old on her chat box, can actually respond to you seriously.
    >>
    >> Ruben

    > His real name is Scott Douglas. He lives in Quebec or Toronto (Microsoft has a
    > limit on visas, so it employs in Canada now).

    Do you have his address and phone number? I'd like to contact him,
    perhaps through my lawyer

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  6. Re: [News] Report from Linuxflop Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:19:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > His real name is Scott Douglas. He lives in Quebec or Toronto (Microsoft has a
    > limit on visas, so it employs in Canada now).
    >
    > --

    Although I saw Paul post under this name, eyeball to eyeball. He was a
    little in shock when I introduced myself. He sort of fell back into his
    chair. I caught him so he wouldn't hit his head. No point in the best
    coffee shop being put out of business by a trolling ass like Paul. Then
    he folded up his laptop, made a few cursing statements and gestures, and
    ran out of the coffee shop like a ****erroach.

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  7. Re: [News] Report from Linuxflop Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

    "Ruben" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.04.30.17.08.49.832367@www2.mrbrklyn.com...
    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:19:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >>> When are you exposing your name so those 'lusers', spelled like my 15
    >>> year
    >>> old on her chat box, can actually respond to you seriously.
    >>>
    >>> Ruben

    >> His real name is Scott Douglas. He lives in Quebec or Toronto (Microsoft
    >> has a
    >> limit on visas, so it employs in Canada now).

    > Do you have his address and phone number? I'd like to contact him,
    > perhaps through my lawyer

    A retard like you can't afford a cup of coffee, let alone a lawyer.

    > Ruben
    > --
    > http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Interesting Stuff
    > http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
    >
    > So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like
    > Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI
    > Safir 1998
    >
    > http://fairuse.nylxs.com DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI
    > Safir 2002
    >
    > "Yeah - I write Free Software...so SUE ME"
    >
    > "The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming sharecroppers to
    > our own cultural heritage -- we need the ability to participate in our own
    > society."
    >
    > "> I'm an engineer. I choose the best tool for the job, politics be
    > damned.<
    > You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have
    > been attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. I guess
    > you missed that one."
    >
    > Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  8. Re: [News] Report from Linuxflop Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:15:00 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > A retard like you can't afford a cup of coffee, let alone a lawyer.

    Yes, more grownup talk from 'I'm not Paul, I'm Gumstick'

    (sing song)RETARD RETARD RETARD! You are a RETARD - Giggle giggle

    We await your name...

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  9. Re: [News] Report from Linuxflop Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:35:49 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Linuxfest Northwest 2008 Report
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| For those unfamiliar with the Linuxfest Northwest, it is an annual,
    >> two-day
    >>| event held at Bellingham Technical College in Bellingham, Washington on
    >> the
    >>| last weekend in April. It has become a hub of Linux activity in the
    >> Northwest
    >>| with several of the Washington area Linux Users Groups supporting it.
    >>| Visitors seem to come from all over the country especially those places
    >> that
    >>| don't have a Linux conference anywhere near them. I also attended the
    >> LFNW
    >>| last year so a bit of this review compares this year with last.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.montanalinux.org/linuxfes...ttsreport.html
    >>

    > Gee - You seemed to have "accidently" skipped over this part of the article.
    >

    > Let's get this out of the way... it was obvious that there were less
    > visitors to the show this year than last year. I haven't seen any numbers
    > published yet though. While that might sound bad it did make for a better
    > show as it allowed for more time with the presenters and the exhibit booth
    > folks.
    >

    > It was "obvious that there were less visitors" - Obvious. Very obvious.
    >
    > Translation - It sucked last year and this year nobody but a few lusers
    > bothered attending.

    Despite what the Linux loons keep claiming about the interest in Linux
    growing exponentially, the figures don't support those claims.

    Here is an example of the digg.com group.

    http://demo.qliktech.com/qlikview/AJ..._Dashboard.htm

    Select "technology and then Linux" on the left side and you can clearly see
    the trend. And that's with Schestowitz's SPAM machine going full *bore*...

    Look at COLA in terms of number of posters compared to say 2 years ago.

    With the exception of Ubuntu, interest in Linux is dying...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  10. Re: [News] Report from Linuxflop Northwest 2008, Mozilla on Web 2.0

+ Reply to Thread