Ballmer chokes on own dog food? - Linux

This is a discussion on Ballmer chokes on own dog food? - Linux ; http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...tation-co.html http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...c5e0e339bb.jpg Tags: * Apple, * Mac, * Microsoft, * Windows, * embarrassing To the below: "... and a Mac" -- When you want to do your homework, fill out your tax return, or see all the choices for a ...

  1. Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    --
    When you want to do your homework, fill out your tax return, or see all the
    choices for a trip you want to take, you need a full-size screen.

  2. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    * Linonut peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...tation-co.html
    >
    > http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...c5e0e339bb.jpg
    >

    > Tags:
    >
    > * Apple,
    > * Mac,
    > * Microsoft,
    > * Windows,
    > * embarrassing

    By the way, that picture deserves a spelling flame:

    "Business Leadership and Digital Innovation for Future Graduated"

    --
    I believe OS/2 is destined to be the most important operating system, and
    possibly program, of all time.

  3. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    ____/ Linonut on Wednesday 30 April 2008 14:45 : \____

    > * Linonut peremptorily fired off this memo:

    http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...tation-co.html

    >> http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...c5e0e339bb.jpg
    >>

    >> Tags:
    >>
    >> * Apple,
    >> * Mac,
    >> * Microsoft,
    >> * Windows,
    >> * embarrassing

    > By the way, that picture deserves a spelling flame:
    >
    > "Business Leadership and Digital Innovation for Future Graduated"

    Probably a mischievous photographer showing up at the right time and
    opportunity. Still, it's hilarious. You know, some Microsoft employees
    actually *do* use Macbooks (with Windows or OS X). Remember Allchin's famous
    E-mail? It scares Ballmer when he sees how many Softies rely on Google
    (search), Firefox and other such stuff. Reporters say so.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
    15:00:01 up 15 days, 13:12, 3 users, load average: 0.93, 1.09, 1.42

  4. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    Maybe someone should introduce him to Ubuntu.

  5. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:_z_Rj.44594$%15.8311@bignews7.bellsouth.net.. .

    > http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...tation-co.html
    >
    > http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...c5e0e339bb.jpg
    >

    > Tags:
    >
    > * Apple,
    > * Mac,
    > * Microsoft,
    > * Windows,
    > * embarrassing
    >
    > To the below: "... and a Mac"

    You seem to have forgotten that MS Office is the most popular program there
    is for a Mac. Using it for a PowerPoint presentation isn't an embarassment,
    it is a team work effort.

  6. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    In article <_z_Rj.44594$%15.8311@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,
    Linonut wrote:

    > http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...-presentation-
    > co.html
    >
    > http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...c5e0e339bb.jpg

    I'm curious. How do you know that:

    1. He isn't doing what Linus does: use Apple hardware to run a non-Apple
    OS. (iMacs are excellent Windows machines...well, to the extent that a
    Windows machine *can* be excellent)?

    2. He isn't using a machine that was provided by the venue at which he
    is speaking? It's reasonably common for the venue to provide the
    projector, the computer to control it, and software that can handle
    PowerPoint presentations.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    > In article <_z_Rj.44594$%15.8311@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...-presentation-
    >> co.html
    >>
    >> http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...c5e0e339bb.jpg

    > I'm curious. How do you know that:
    >
    > 1. He isn't doing what Linus does: use Apple hardware to run a non-Apple
    > OS. (iMacs are excellent Windows machines...well, to the extent that a
    > Windows machine *can* be excellent)?
    >
    > 2. He isn't using a machine that was provided by the venue at which he
    > is speaking? It's reasonably common for the venue to provide the
    > projector, the computer to control it, and software that can handle
    > PowerPoint presentations.

    You must be a real blast at parties.

    --
    The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to
    factor large prime numbers.

  8. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:02:10 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
    > way to factor large prime numbers.
    > -- Bill Gates, The Road Ahead (1995), hardcover edition (corrected in
    > paperback)

    I used to have that as my tagline, many years ago. I still have the
    book, but I'd forgotten all about the quote. Thanks.

  9. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    In article ,
    Joe User wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:02:10 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    > > The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
    > > way to factor large prime numbers.
    > > -- Bill Gates, The Road Ahead (1995), hardcover edition (corrected in
    > > paperback)

    > I used to have that as my tagline, many years ago. I still have the
    > book, but I'd forgotten all about the quote. Thanks.

    So you've established that Gates accidently said "prime" when he meant
    to say "composite". Why is that interesting?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  10. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    Linonut wrote:

    http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...tation-co.html

    > http://blog.internetnews.com/apatriz...c5e0e339bb.jpg
    >

    > Tags:
    >
    > * Apple,
    > * Mac,
    > * Microsoft,
    > * Windows,
    > * embarrassing
    >
    > To the below: "... and a Mac"

    He probably threw a chair at his Vista ME laptop.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  11. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > You seem to have forgotten that MS Office is the most popular program
    > there is for a Mac. *Using it for a PowerPoint presentation isn't an
    > embarassment, it is a team work effort.

    And Ballmer doesn't have to use Vista ME! A win-win situation!

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  12. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    > In article ,
    > Joe User wrote:
    >> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:02:10 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >> > The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
    >> > way to factor large prime numbers.
    >> > -- Bill Gates, The Road Ahead (1995), hardcover edition (corrected in
    >> > paperback)

    >> I used to have that as my tagline, many years ago. I still have the
    >> book, but I'd forgotten all about the quote. Thanks.

    > So you've established that Gates accidently said "prime" when he meant
    > to say "composite". Why is that interesting?

    True. He always uses "innovate" when he means to say "acquire", too.

    --
    Stolen's a strong word. It's copyrighted content that the owner wasn't paid
    for. So yes. -- Bill Gates, On his use of YouTube to watch videos. "Bill Gates

  13. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> You seem to have forgotten that MS Office is the most popular program
    >> there is for a Mac. *Using it for a PowerPoint presentation isn't an
    >> embarassment, it is a team work effort.

    It may be the best seller on amazon.com, but popular? Nope:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/software/229643

    It gets only 3 stars.

    I can't believe people would pay $130 for it, anyway.

    > And Ballmer doesn't have to use Vista ME! A win-win situation!

    Ballmer's not much on proofreading, either.

    --
    Gates is the ultimate programming machine. He believes everything can be
    defined, examined, reduced to essentials, and rearranged into a logical

  14. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    > * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> So you've established that Gates accidently said "prime" when he
    >> meant to say "composite". Why is that interesting?

    > True. He always uses "innovate" when he means to say "acquire", too.

    Nice comeback.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    17:09:34 up 132 days, 13:45, 5 users, load average: 0.12, 0.14, 0.11

  15. Re: Ballmer chokes on own dog food?

    Strip Mining Prevents Forest Fires.

+ Reply to Thread