Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer? - Linux

This is a discussion on Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer? - Linux ; Make up your mind....

  1. Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer?

    Make up your mind.

  2. Re: Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer?

    OK wrote:
    > Make up your mind.

    Your position is flawed. The convicted monopolist is in direct control
    of 100% of the Windows system. The convicted murderer WAS in control of
    a very small piece of the Linux system. HTH.

  3. Re: Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer?

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:50:02 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > OK wrote:
    >> Make up your mind.

    > Your position is flawed. The convicted monopolist is in direct control
    > of 100% of the Windows system. The convicted murderer WAS in control of
    > a very small piece of the Linux system. HTH.

    Absolutely. Reiserfs was such an insignificant part of Linux that a lot
    of users and advocates haven't even heard of it. I personally didn't
    know what it was until SUSE tried pushing it on me as a system default.

  4. Re: Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer?

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:26:29 +0200, OK wrote:

    > Make up your mind.

    About what?

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer?

    * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:26:29 +0200, OK wrote:
    >
    >> Make up your mind.

    > About what?

    Who cares? OK is a known idiot.

    --
    I'm a big believer that as much as possible, and there's obviously political
    limitations, freedom of migration is a good thing. -- Bill Gates, "Bill Gates

  6. Re: Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer?

    On 2008-04-30, Linonut claimed:
    > * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:26:29 +0200, OK wrote:
    >>
    >>> Make up your mind.

    >> About what?

    > Who cares? OK is a known idiot.

    So, I see I'm not the only one who made his mind up already.

    --
    Microsoft: The company that made instant messaging dangerous.

  7. Re: Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer?

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:12:28 -0400, Nick Ballard
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:50:02 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> OK wrote:
    >>> Make up your mind.

    >> Your position is flawed. The convicted monopolist is in direct control
    >> of 100% of the Windows system. The convicted murderer WAS in control of
    >> a very small piece of the Linux system. HTH.

    >Absolutely. Reiserfs was such an insignificant part of Linux that a lot
    >of users and advocates haven't even heard of it. I personally didn't
    >know what it was until SUSE tried pushing it on me as a system default.

    Totally insignificant except when someones reminds you that NT had a
    fault tolerant journaling file system ever since it was released in
    1993. Then, suddently, every advocate knows about reiserfs!

  8. Re: Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer?

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 11:31:38 +0200, OK wrote:

    > Then, suddently, every advocate knows about reiserfs!

    Every advocate would like to know your real name.

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  9. Re: Convicted monopolist v.s. convicted murderer?

    On 2008-05-01, Ruben claimed:
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 11:31:38 +0200, OK wrote:
    >
    >> Then, suddently, every advocate knows about reiserfs!

    > Every advocate would like to know your real name.

    Not me. If he disappeared yesterday without my ever knowing his real
    name, I honestly believe I'd wake up and forget that I ever might have
    considered thinking about wondering what it was.

    --
    VISTA: Volatile and Ineffective Solution That's an Abomination

+ Reply to Thread