the effects of the Reiser case on Open Source file system development.. - Linux

This is a discussion on the effects of the Reiser case on Open Source file system development.. - Linux ; http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardwar...9/165242.shtml http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8647 http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-guilty-o.html...

  1. the effects of the Reiser case on Open Source file system development..

  2. Re: the effects of the Reiser case on Open Source file system development ..

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:36:21 +0100, Mentohl wrote:

    > http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardwar...9/165242.shtml
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8647
    > http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-guilty-o.html

    Other than fodder for cesspit groups like COLA, why should it effect Linux
    at all?

    Who cares?

    Linux has 8 other file systems, at least, and probably another 12 on the
    way.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: the effects of the Reiser case on Open Source file systemdevelopment ..

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:02:30 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:36:21 +0100, Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardwar...9/165242.shtml
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8647
    >> http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-guilty-o.html

    > Other than fodder for cesspit groups like COLA, why should it effect
    > Linux at all?
    >
    > Who cares?
    >
    > Linux has 8 other file systems, at least, and probably another 12 on the
    > way.

    I've never even used ReiserFS, and I'm sure many other can say the same.
    This whole Hans Reiser thing is being blown completely out of
    proportion...it's as if Reiser had written the entire kernel or something.

  4. Re: the effects of the Reiser case on Open Source file system development ..

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:44:09 -0400, Nick Ballard wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:02:30 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:36:21 +0100, Mentohl wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardwar...9/165242.shtml
    >>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8647
    >>> http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-guilty-o.html

    >> Other than fodder for cesspit groups like COLA, why should it effect
    >> Linux at all?
    >>
    >> Who cares?
    >>
    >> Linux has 8 other file systems, at least, and probably another 12 on the
    >> way.

    > I've never even used ReiserFS, and I'm sure many other can say the same.
    > This whole Hans Reiser thing is being blown completely out of
    > proportion...it's as if Reiser had written the entire kernel or something.

    I agree, but it *is* interesting watching the COLA Linux loons eat their
    young....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: the effects of the Reiser case on Open Source file system development ..

  6. Re: the effects of the Reiser case on Open Source file system development ..

+ Reply to Thread