NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins. - Linux

This is a discussion on NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins. - Linux ; [snips] On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:14:28 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote: >>>> I haven't been following this case, but if I'm reading you correctly, >>> >>> But that won't stop the amazing Kelsey from procrastinating about it >>> no doubt ... ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 201

Thread: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

  1. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    [snips]

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:14:28 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >>>> I haven't been following this case, but if I'm reading you correctly,
    >>>
    >>> But that won't stop the amazing Kelsey from procrastinating about it
    >>> no doubt ...


    "Procrastinating"? He needs to buy a dictionary.

    >>>> he's been convicted of murdering a woman who, for all anyone knows,
    >>>> is shacking up somewhere happy as a clam. Is that about right?
    >>>
    >>> A woman? His wife. You know full well. And this woman disappears
    >>> leaving

    >
    > Ex-wife.


    Either way, this would presumably make her "a woman", unless bonehead
    there is suggesting Reiser's ex-wife was a man.

    >>> her two kids? And at the same time she vanishes he removes a car seat

    >
    > People do this too... "just disappearing".


    Leaving kids behind in the process. And dogs and cats and homes and
    families and the rest. Happens every day. One wonders what dreamland
    bonehead lives in where such things don't happen.

    > [deletia]
    >> "Shannon Cavness, a seven-year veteran in the Oakland police crime lab
    >> and a criminal evidence expert, testified a small amount of blood found
    >> on a sleeping"

    >
    > Well, the million dollar question is "how much".
    >
    > If we're going with the idea of a bloodied body then the amount
    > of blood should be unmistakable and fit whatever version of events that
    > the prosecution has cooked up for the crime.


    "A small amount" does not suggest someone being murdered in the car. A
    cut hand would readily produce "a small amount". Or a good nosebleed.
    Or any of a hundred other non-fatal things.

    "A small amount of blood" is useful only as fodder for twits such as
    bonehead.


  2. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder.OpenSource fallout begins.

    [snips]

    On Sat, 03 May 2008 10:05:56 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> ... it seems the jury did not like him.

    >>
    >> Do you defend all scumbag murderers this way or only scumbag murderers
    >> that have linux on their resume?

    >
    > Look, asshole, I am not defending him. I simply stated, from their
    > comments, they jury did not like him.>


    Yes, but that's such a simple, straightforward, easy to comprehend
    statement that there's no way numbnuts could possibly grasp it.


  3. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 14:53:42 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Rick wrote:
    >> > "I tried to hide my car so the police could not search it" is
    >> > something that hurts Reiser, not something that helps him.
    >> > Generally, when people testify to something that is against their
    >> > self-interest like that, they are telling the truth.
    >> >
    >> > They use lies when they need to change something that is against them
    >> > into something that is favorable to them, not the other way around.

    >>
    >> IOW... you believe the parts you want ...

    >
    > Wow. I am again speechless. Do you know *anything* about normal human
    > behavior?


    "Reiser said during the trial he modified his car to make it more
    comfortable to sleep in - which he did after his wife disappeared in an
    effort to keep away from his mother's home where he had been staying. He
    said he hid his car because he did not want the government to seize all
    his possessions."

    WTF does this do in terms of "hurting him" in a murder trial? At most it
    makes him look like a bit of an anti-government kook - which is not the
    same as being guilty of murder.

    Oh, and yes, it _is_ within the range of normal human behaviour not to
    trust nameless people with the power and authority to seize your goods.


  4. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    [snips]

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 15:12:51 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > Wrong. I give much more weight to those that have the greatest
    > probative value, as shown by the experience of thousands of years of
    > humanity's experience with justice systems.


    Combined with your apparent refusal to cope with the _reasons_ for such
    behavior.

    > Reiser's statement that he tried to hide the car is a "statement against
    > interest".


    It would be if that's all he said.

    "Yes, I tried to hide my car, because the guy next door threatened to set
    it on fire if he saw it" would _still_ be an admission of trying to hide
    the car, but would have *zero* relevance to the case.

    As would hiding it because he didn't want his possessions seized. You
    know, the very thing he actually said.

    Yes, well, let's not let a fact get in the way of a personal vendetta,
    right?

    > What possible motive would Reiser have to lie and claim that he tried to
    > hide his car if he didn't in fact try to hide it?


    He *did* try to hide it. He *said* so. He admitted it. He even
    explained why - a reason *completely* in character with much of the other
    information available about him and his particular lifestyle.

    > How does making it
    > look like he's trying to cover up a murder *help* him?


    It doesn't, but then, he didn't, so what's your point?


  5. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.


    "Kelsey Bjarnason" wrote in message
    newste1f5-bqn.ln1@spankywork.localhost.net...
    > [snips]
    >
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:14:28 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >
    >>>>> I haven't been following this case, but if I'm reading you correctly,
    >>>>
    >>>> But that won't stop the amazing Kelsey from procrastinating about it
    >>>> no doubt ...

    >
    > "Procrastinating"? He needs to buy a dictionary.
    >
    >>>>> he's been convicted of murdering a woman who, for all anyone knows,
    >>>>> is shacking up somewhere happy as a clam. Is that about right?
    >>>>
    >>>> A woman? His wife. You know full well. And this woman disappears
    >>>> leaving

    >>
    >> Ex-wife.

    >
    > Either way, this would presumably make her "a woman", unless bonehead
    > there is suggesting Reiser's ex-wife was a man.


    Yes - "a women", the same women that 12 jurors unamimously convicted him of
    murdering. They found him guilty of FIRST DEGREE murder too, not one of the
    lesser charges.


    >>>> her two kids? And at the same time she vanishes he removes a car seat

    >>
    >> People do this too... "just disappearing".

    >
    > Leaving kids behind in the process. And dogs and cats and homes and
    > families and the rest. Happens every day. One wonders what dreamland
    > bonehead lives in where such things don't happen.


    Another idiot who's defending this convicted murderer because of his
    involvement with linux. Kelsey is stupid enough to think she knows more
    than the jurors who heard this case for over 6 months.


    >> [deletia]
    >>> "Shannon Cavness, a seven-year veteran in the Oakland police crime lab
    >>> and a criminal evidence expert, testified a small amount of blood found
    >>> on a sleeping"

    >>
    >> Well, the million dollar question is "how much".
    >>
    >> If we're going with the idea of a bloodied body then the amount
    >> of blood should be unmistakable and fit whatever version of events that
    >> the prosecution has cooked up for the crime.

    >
    > "A small amount" does not suggest someone being murdered in the car. A
    > cut hand would readily produce "a small amount". Or a good nosebleed.
    > Or any of a hundred other non-fatal things.


    Enough blood for 12 jurors to unaminously convict him of first degree
    murder. But once again, Kelsey defends the murdering scumbag because he
    wrote a filesystem for linux.


    > "A small amount of blood" is useful only as fodder for
    > twits such as bonehead.


    And enough blood for 12 jurors to unanimously agree that Hans Reiser killed
    her and they convicted him of first degree murder. Funny how you know
    everything about this case as you sit and type on your little "tux
    computer" and anyone who disagrees with you is a "bonehead" or "twit." Yet
    the jurors who were there nearly every day for 6-months agree that there
    was enough blood.

    Seems that you Kelsey, are the only twit and bonehead here. You're also a
    scumbag for defending this murdering asshole not based on the facts, but
    because he used linux before murdering his wife. (If you're going to claim
    this isn't true point out a single example where you defended another
    murderer who was found guilty.)





    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  6. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 08:44:28 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>> > How often does the most likely suspect after such a disappearance
    >>> > try to hide his car so police won't be able to search it?
    >>>
    >>> Is that what Reiser did?

    >>
    >>Yes. The police had a warrant to search the car, and were trying to
    >>find it. Reiser went looking for storage lockers 50 miles away to try
    >>to find a place to hide the car from the police. (This is not
    >>speculation--Reiser testified to this at the trial).


    >
    > Yeah, I don't "get" the defense of this guy in here. He had a fair
    > trial, and was convicted, yet some in here think they know more about it
    > than the people who were in the jury box hearing all the evidence.


    One might point out that more than one person found guilty in a "fair
    trial" was subsequently proved to be not guilty at all; the notion that a
    guilty verdict establishes actual guilt is so far detached from reality
    that no thinking person could possibly entertain such a notion. Thus you
    have to decide whether you're the sort of drooling moron who confuses a
    guilty _verdict_ with actual guilt, or whether you're actually capable of
    sensible thought.

    Assuming the latter, you _sort of_ have a point about how he had a trial,
    they had more detailed information than we have, thus are in a better
    position to judge.

    That much is certainly true. However, other things are also true.
    Comments made after the trial clearly indicate that at least several
    jurors really didn't like the guy - and we, as humans, have a distinct
    tendency to judge less harshly those we do like, judge more harshly those
    we don't like, or simply don't know. Simple example: if your girlfriend
    spills hot coffee on you, "It's okay, honey, it was just an accident",
    but the stranger in line who spills coffee on you is "a clumsy jerk".

    It is the _same_ infraction, but the response to it differs significantly
    depending on whether we like the person or not. The jurors clearly knew
    Reiser, and equally clearly disliked him. This does not mean they did
    not judge fairly; it _does_ mean, however, that the probability exist,
    given that they are people with normal human biases, to tend to judge
    more harshly due to their dislike.

    One comment I read suggested that the fact he tried to hide the car "was
    sufficient, but we have more". Sufficient? Hardly. Reiser said he was
    hiding the car not to cover up a murder scene, but to avoid having his
    possessions - his entire life, given that he was apparently living in the
    car - seized. Given his apparent distrust of people in general and
    authority in particular, this action is perfectly consistent with his
    personality; if anything it establishes he was acting in character,
    rather than doing something wildly _out_ of character like leaving all
    his goods where the distrusted authority would readily find and
    confiscate it.

    So what have we got thus far? We've got someone who is a bit of a crank,
    acting in a manner perfectly consistent with _expected_ behavior given
    the nature of his issues. We have a jury who, in part or in whole,
    dislike him. We have a missing car seat. We have "a small amount of
    blood". We have a woman who is missing.

    Yeah, well, if my wife runs off with someone, I toss the car seat out to
    make more room to live and someone cuts their hand and leaves a small
    amount of blood in the car, be sure to convict me of murder too. After
    all, I'm an inconsiderate asshole, too, so I must be a murderer.

    Yeah, fine, we agree, they had more information than we do. True as that
    may be, what's coming out about the case simply *does not wash*. At most
    it says "He's an asshole, so lock him up", but that makes him guilty of
    being an asshole - not guilty of murder.

    It's not a question of defending him, though. If he did it, fine, nail
    his ass to the wall. The problem some of us are having, though, is that
    what's being let out for "public perusal", thus far, simply does not add
    up to the guilty verdict he got - not by a long shot. It adds up to him
    being an asshole, perhaps, but that's not the same thing.


  7. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article ,
    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > > What possible motive would Reiser have to lie and claim that he tried to
    > > hide his car if he didn't in fact try to hide it?

    >
    > He *did* try to hide it. He *said* so. He admitted it. He even
    > explained why - a reason *completely* in character with much of the other
    > information available about him and his particular lifestyle.


    You've overlooked most of the context of this branch of the thread. I
    cited Reiser's testimony that he had tried to hide the car as acceptable
    proof that he had tried to hide the car.

    Rick thought that this meant that, to be consistent, I had to also
    believe Reiser's testimony that he had not committed murder.

    This thread is about *why* it is not inconsistent to accept his car
    admission on face value, but remain skeptical of his murder denial.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  8. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article <5df1f5-bqn.ln1@spankywork.localhost.net>,
    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 May 2008 14:53:42 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > Rick wrote:
    > >> > "I tried to hide my car so the police could not search it" is
    > >> > something that hurts Reiser, not something that helps him.
    > >> > Generally, when people testify to something that is against their
    > >> > self-interest like that, they are telling the truth.
    > >> >
    > >> > They use lies when they need to change something that is against them
    > >> > into something that is favorable to them, not the other way around.
    > >>
    > >> IOW... you believe the parts you want ...

    > >
    > > Wow. I am again speechless. Do you know *anything* about normal human
    > > behavior?

    >
    > "Reiser said during the trial he modified his car to make it more
    > comfortable to sleep in - which he did after his wife disappeared in an
    > effort to keep away from his mother's home where he had been staying. He
    > said he hid his car because he did not want the government to seize all
    > his possessions."
    >
    > WTF does this do in terms of "hurting him" in a murder trial? At most it
    > makes him look like a bit of an anti-government kook - which is not the
    > same as being guilty of murder.


    Here, let me quote you from another post in this thread:

    [BEGIN IMPORTED QUOTE]
    > That much is certainly true. However, other things are also true.
    > Comments made after the trial clearly indicate that at least several
    > jurors really didn't like the guy - and we, as humans, have a distinct
    > tendency to judge less harshly those we do like, judge more harshly those
    > we don't like, or simply don't know. Simple example: if your girlfriend
    > spills hot coffee on you, "It's okay, honey, it was just an accident",
    > but the stranger in line who spills coffee on you is "a clumsy jerk".

    [END IMPORTED QUOTE]

    Even if the jury decides that Reiser is just a kook, that hurts him, for
    the reasons you give in the imported quote above.

    > Oh, and yes, it _is_ within the range of normal human behaviour not to
    > trust nameless people with the power and authority to seize your goods.


    Suppose Reiser had NOT tried to hide the car. Would it be normal human
    behavior for him to lie, under oath in front of the jury, and claim that
    he *had* tried to hide the car? *That's* the abnormal behavior we are
    discussing here. Normal people lie, if they are going to lie, when it
    advances their interests. They do not generally lie in order to hurt
    themselves.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  9. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:46:44 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    >> "Ezekiel" writes:
    >>
    >>> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >>> news:xsmdnbI1S7lewYrVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@metronet...
    >>>> Ezekiel wrote:

    > [deletia]
    >>>> Am I correct in stating that no body has been found?
    >>>
    >>> Correct. No body has been found. (5 seconds with Google would confirm
    >>> this.)
    >>>
    >>> Is this relevant and if not, why do you ask?
    >>>
    >>>

    >> You can tell from his sniffy tone that he thinks he's Petrocelli. Wait
    >> for the "no body no crime" calls from COLAs nuttier section. A bit like
    >> no web stats no market share ....

    >
    > ...sauce for the goose.


    I dunno. "No body, no crime" strikes me as a bit silly; it just means if
    you're good at disposing of corpses, you can never be convicted. Kinda
    self-defeating notion.

    On the other hand, from what I'm reading, all anyone knows about Hans' ex-
    wife is that she's missing. Last I checked, "missing" is not *quite* the
    same as "dead". Nor is "missing" quite the same as "he killed her".

    I see a lot of circumstantial noise and nonsense being bandied about;
    what I haven't seen in any of it is a single thing, so far, which
    actually shows even the _likelihood_ that she was killed _at all_, let
    alone when, where or by whom.


  10. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:46:44 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    >>> "Ezekiel" writes:
    >>>
    >>>> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >>>> news:xsmdnbI1S7lewYrVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@metronet...
    >>>>> Ezekiel wrote:

    >> [deletia]
    >>>>> Am I correct in stating that no body has been found?
    >>>>
    >>>> Correct. No body has been found. (5 seconds with Google would confirm
    >>>> this.)
    >>>>
    >>>> Is this relevant and if not, why do you ask?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> You can tell from his sniffy tone that he thinks he's Petrocelli. Wait
    >>> for the "no body no crime" calls from COLAs nuttier section. A bit like
    >>> no web stats no market share ....

    >>
    >> ...sauce for the goose.

    >
    > I dunno. "No body, no crime" strikes me as a bit silly; it just means if
    > you're good at disposing of corpses, you can never be convicted. Kinda
    > self-defeating notion.


    It strikes you? Ye gods. Well worked out.

    >
    > On the other hand, from what I'm reading, all anyone knows about Hans' ex-
    > wife is that she's missing. Last I checked, "missing" is not *quite* the
    > same as "dead". Nor is "missing" quite the same as "he killed her".


    And the fact that her blood was found in the car which was missing a
    seat ....

    >
    > I see a lot of circumstantial noise and nonsense being bandied about;
    > what I haven't seen in any of it is a single thing, so far, which
    > actually shows even the _likelihood_ that she was killed _at all_, let
    > alone when, where or by whom.
    >


    You should be a judge. God knows you're big headed enough.

  11. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:34:50 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >> > What possible motive would Reiser have to lie and claim that he tried
    >> > to hide his car if he didn't in fact try to hide it?

    >>
    >> He *did* try to hide it. He *said* so. He admitted it. He even
    >> explained why - a reason *completely* in character with much of the
    >> other information available about him and his particular lifestyle.

    >
    > You've overlooked most of the context of this branch of the thread. I
    > cited Reiser's testimony that he had tried to hide the car as acceptable
    > proof that he had tried to hide the car.
    >
    > Rick thought that this meant that, to be consistent, I had to also
    > believe Reiser's testimony that he had not committed murder.


    Rick was merely pointing out what a hypocritical, lying, two-faced
    scumbag you are, claiming one thing is true because Reiser said so while
    also rejecting something else as true despite Reiser saying so.

    Okay, Rick may be being more diplomatic than that, but hey, let's call a
    scum a scum, shall we?


  12. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    [snips]

    On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:46:41 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > Suppose Reiser had NOT tried to hide the car. Would it be normal human
    > behavior for him to lie, under oath in front of the jury, and claim that
    > he *had* tried to hide the car? *That's* the abnormal behavior we are
    > discussing here. Normal people lie, if they are going to lie, when it
    > advances their interests. They do not generally lie in order to hurt
    > themselves.


    Nor did he, so whatever your point is isn't clear.


  13. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel

    wrote
    on Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:29:04 -0400
    <328f2$48175ae1$26677@news.teranews.com>:
    >
    >
    > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DLNG.DTL&tsp=1
    >
    > "Computer programmer Hans Reiser was arrogant while
    > testifying in his murder trial and never showed any
    > compassion for his estranged wife, one of many factors
    > that led to his conviction on first-degree murder,
    > a member of the jury said today."
    >
    >
    >
    >


    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8647
    >
    > "Reiser FS: The open source file system fallout"


    [rest snipped]

    Well, there you are then. Use Windows Vista [any edition]
    instead, where the only criminal possibilities are theft,
    extortion, and/or market manipulation. Surely these are
    far less heinous crimes, even when multiplied to the 500
    millionth or so degree, than the murder of a loved one.

    Right?

    --
    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Does anyone else remember the 1802?
    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  14. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On 2008-05-02, Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article ,
    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >> >> her two kids? And at the same time she vanishes he removes a car seat

    >>
    >> People do this too... "just disappearing".

    >
    > How often do people just disappear right around the time they leave
    > blood in the car of the most likely suspect, and leave blood in his
    > house?


    When was the age of the blood ever accurately established?

    The only thing that was claimed is that there was blood found.

    Given that these people were intimate for a number of years, that
    leaves quite a long time for small amounts of blood to accumulate.

    >
    > How often after someone just disappears, but before the disappearance is
    > known, does that most likely suspect to pick up the kids at school, when
    > it was her turn?
    >
    > How often does the most likely suspect after such a disappearance try to
    > hide his car so police won't be able to search it?


    Anyone who's seen Law & Order probably.

    Although this is just another accusation.

    >
    > How often does said suspect try to lose police that are following him?
    > If someone I knew disappeared and I knew I was a suspect, I'd welcome
    > police surveillance, so that if I'm tried, my attorney could call the


    This is extraordinarily naive of you.

    > cops and have them testify that they had me under *constant* watch, and
    > did not observe me do anything suspicious.
    >
    > It is easy to explain away any individual bit of evidence against
    > Reiser. The problem is that there are a dozen or two such things, all
    > indicating guilt. Taken together, it is a pretty overwhelming case.


    There's supposition and a little bit of physical evidence.

    Like I said before, the guy's been convicted of being a freak.

    --

    Nothing today, likely nothing since we tamed fire,
    is genuinely new: culture, like science and |||
    technology grows by accretion, each new creator / | \
    building on the works of those that came before.

    Judge Alex Kozinski
    US Court of Appeals
    9th Circuit


    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  15. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article ,
    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > [snips]
    >
    > On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:46:41 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    > > Suppose Reiser had NOT tried to hide the car. Would it be normal human
    > > behavior for him to lie, under oath in front of the jury, and claim that
    > > he *had* tried to hide the car? *That's* the abnormal behavior we are
    > > discussing here. Normal people lie, if they are going to lie, when it
    > > advances their interests. They do not generally lie in order to hurt
    > > themselves.

    >
    > Nor did he, so whatever your point is isn't clear.


    How do you know Reiser didn't lie when he claimed he tried to hide the
    car? When you figure out the answer to that, you'll understand this
    branch of the thread.


    --
    --Tim Smith

  16. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.


    "JEDIDIAH" wrote in message
    news:slrng1utl0.1r7.jedi@nomad.mishnet...
    > On 2008-05-02, Tim Smith wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >>> >> her two kids? And at the same time she vanishes he removes a car seat
    >>>
    >>> People do this too... "just disappearing".

    >>
    >> How often do people just disappear right around the time they leave
    >> blood in the car of the most likely suspect, and leave blood in his
    >> house?

    >
    > When was the age of the blood ever accurately established?


    The blood "splatters" were high on a post and while the exact age was never
    determined, it was classified as being recent.


    > The only thing that was claimed is that there was blood found.


    Blood splatters. There's a difference. Look it up.


    > Given that these people were intimate for a number of years, that
    > leaves quite a long time for small amounts of blood to accumulate.


    Not blood splatters well above the height where they could have gotten there
    accidently.


    >>
    >> How often after someone just disappears, but before the disappearance is
    >> known, does that most likely suspect to pick up the kids at school, when
    >> it was her turn?
    >>
    >> How often does the most likely suspect after such a disappearance try to
    >> hide his car so police won't be able to search it?

    >
    > Anyone who's seen Law & Order probably.


    Did he even own a television? How did he watch it while living in his car?


    > Although this is just another accusation.


    Enough accusations for 12 jurors to find him guilty.


    >> How often does said suspect try to lose police that are following him?
    >> If someone I knew disappeared and I knew I was a suspect, I'd welcome
    >> police surveillance, so that if I'm tried, my attorney could call the

    >
    > This is extraordinarily naive of you.
    >
    >> cops and have them testify that they had me under *constant* watch, and
    >> did not observe me do anything suspicious.
    >>
    >> It is easy to explain away any individual bit of evidence against
    >> Reiser. The problem is that there are a dozen or two such things, all
    >> indicating guilt. Taken together, it is a pretty overwhelming case.

    >
    > There's supposition and a little bit of physical evidence.
    >
    > Like I said before, the guy's been convicted of being a freak.


    And you know this how exactly? Oh that's right... you don't know this. It's
    simple-minded supposition on your part.

    If he doesn't like the verdict then he's free to appeal. All of your
    cheerleading and defending him in COLA doesn't make a single iota of
    difference.
    Let him appeal the verdict. That's how the system works. Deal with it.


    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  17. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article ,
    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:34:50 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > >> > What possible motive would Reiser have to lie and claim that he tried
    > >> > to hide his car if he didn't in fact try to hide it?
    > >>
    > >> He *did* try to hide it. He *said* so. He admitted it. He even
    > >> explained why - a reason *completely* in character with much of the
    > >> other information available about him and his particular lifestyle.

    > >
    > > You've overlooked most of the context of this branch of the thread. I
    > > cited Reiser's testimony that he had tried to hide the car as acceptable
    > > proof that he had tried to hide the car.
    > >
    > > Rick thought that this meant that, to be consistent, I had to also
    > > believe Reiser's testimony that he had not committed murder.

    >
    > Rick was merely pointing out what a hypocritical, lying, two-faced
    > scumbag you are, claiming one thing is true because Reiser said so while
    > also rejecting something else as true despite Reiser saying so.
    >
    > Okay, Rick may be being more diplomatic than that, but hey, let's call a
    > scum a scum, shall we?


    So your belief is that all statements made by Reiser under oath are
    equally likely to be true? He's just as likely to lie when he says
    something that is in his favor as when he says something that is against
    his favor? That's the position you are arguing (although you might not
    know that, because you clearly have NOT followed this thread).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  18. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On Mon, 5 May 2008 17:28:00 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "JEDIDIAH" wrote in message
    > news:slrng1utl0.1r7.jedi@nomad.mishnet...
    >> On 2008-05-02, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>> In article ,
    >>> JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >>>> >> her two kids? And at the same time she vanishes he removes a car seat
    >>>>
    >>>> People do this too... "just disappearing".
    >>>
    >>> How often do people just disappear right around the time they leave
    >>> blood in the car of the most likely suspect, and leave blood in his
    >>> house?

    >>
    >> When was the age of the blood ever accurately established?

    >
    > The blood "splatters" were high on a post and while the exact age was never
    > determined, it was classified as being recent.
    >
    >
    >> The only thing that was claimed is that there was blood found.

    >
    > Blood splatters. There's a difference. Look it up.
    >
    >
    >> Given that these people were intimate for a number of years, that
    >> leaves quite a long time for small amounts of blood to accumulate.

    >
    > Not blood splatters well above the height where they could have gotten there
    > accidently.
    >
    >
    >>>
    >>> How often after someone just disappears, but before the disappearance is
    >>> known, does that most likely suspect to pick up the kids at school, when
    >>> it was her turn?
    >>>
    >>> How often does the most likely suspect after such a disappearance try to
    >>> hide his car so police won't be able to search it?

    >>
    >> Anyone who's seen Law & Order probably.

    >
    > Did he even own a television? How did he watch it while living in his car?
    >
    >
    >> Although this is just another accusation.

    >
    > Enough accusations for 12 jurors to find him guilty.
    >
    >
    >>> How often does said suspect try to lose police that are following him?
    >>> If someone I knew disappeared and I knew I was a suspect, I'd welcome
    >>> police surveillance, so that if I'm tried, my attorney could call the

    >>
    >> This is extraordinarily naive of you.
    >>
    >>> cops and have them testify that they had me under *constant* watch, and
    >>> did not observe me do anything suspicious.
    >>>
    >>> It is easy to explain away any individual bit of evidence against
    >>> Reiser. The problem is that there are a dozen or two such things, all
    >>> indicating guilt. Taken together, it is a pretty overwhelming case.

    >>
    >> There's supposition and a little bit of physical evidence.
    >>
    >> Like I said before, the guy's been convicted of being a freak.

    >
    > And you know this how exactly? Oh that's right... you don't know this. It's
    > simple-minded supposition on your part.
    >
    > If he doesn't like the verdict then he's free to appeal. All of your
    > cheerleading and defending him in COLA doesn't make a single iota of
    > difference.
    > Let him appeal the verdict. That's how the system works. Deal with it.
    >
    >
    > ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **


    Rick is just being anal about this.
    We all know the jury system is not perfect, see OJ for details. Any judge
    will tell you that when your client is truly guilty a moronic jury is a
    defense lawyer's dream.
    See OJ again.

    Rick just can't deal with the fact that a Linux *icon* went off the deep
    end so like a good COLA soldier he will argue the point till the end,
    finding idiotic reasons and so forth to make his case.




    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar
    * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

  20. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar
    * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast