NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins. - Linux

This is a discussion on NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins. - Linux ; On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote: > "Ezekiel" writes: > >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message >> news:xsmdnbI1S7lewYrVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@metronet... >>> Ezekiel wrote: [deletia] >>> Am I correct in stating that no body has been found? >> >> Correct. No body has been found. (5 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 201

Thread: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

  1. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    > "Ezekiel" writes:
    >
    >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >> news:xsmdnbI1S7lewYrVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@metronet...
    >>> Ezekiel wrote:

    [deletia]
    >>> Am I correct in stating that no body has been found?

    >>
    >> Correct. No body has been found. (5 seconds with Google would confirm this.)
    >>
    >> Is this relevant and if not, why do you ask?
    >>

    >
    > You can tell from his sniffy tone that he thinks he's Petrocelli. Wait
    > for the "no body no crime" calls from COLAs nuttier section. A bit like
    > no web stats no market share ....


    ...sauce for the goose.

    --
    Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
    attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates |||
    the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in / | \
    events not in their control.

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    > SomeBloke writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> SomeBloke writes:

    [deletia]
    >> It's not the first time you have stupidly mistaken me for High Plains
    >> Thumper. Is it because you are of limited intelligence or are YOU
    >> a 'retard'?
    >>
    >> As to my initial question, it was a straightforward enquiry that anyone
    >> without extensive knowledge of or interest in the subject might
    >> ask. Why

    >
    > Don't be ridiculous. The whole interest in the case was about the
    > missing body. We had everything else : blood splatters, missing car
    > seats, missing wife ....


    Missing wife is a given, so that doesn't count.

    Missing car seat is a little odd but you don't burn people at
    the stake anymore for being a little odd (at least you're not
    supposed to).

    Blood may or may not be interesting. Live with a woman a while
    and you will discover this for yourself.

    [deletia]

    --
    Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
    attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates |||
    the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in / | \
    events not in their control.

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On 2008-04-29, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    > "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    > news:Gf2dnWyPhovC6orVRVnyhgA@metronet...
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> SomeBloke writes:

    >>
    >>>> Oh dear Hardon, lost the use of your limited IQ again? Ah Gary, poor
    >>>> little lad, you don't appear to realise that you are regarded with
    >>>> contempt by everyone who unfortunately reads your moronic posts.
    >>>>
    >>>> The article is an irrelevance, as are you.
    >>>
    >>> All very wordy, but ultimately you say nothing. As I pointed out in
    >>> another reply your own self regard is sadly let down by the emptiness of
    >>> your statements. The article *is* relevant you retard because it answered
    >>> your rather ridiculous question about the body. Seriously, you're not
    >>> HPT under another nym are you? Do ask if you need anything else
    >>> answering or explaining.
    >>>

    >>
    >> It's not the first time you have stupidly mistaken me for High Plains
    >> Thumper. Is it because you are of limited intelligence or are YOU
    >> a 'retard'?
    >>

    >
    >
    >> As to my initial question, it was a straightforward enquiry that anyone
    >> without extensive knowledge of or interest in the subject might ask.

    >
    > It doesn't take "extensive knowledge" to know this. Just about each and
    > every article about the case mentions this.
    >
    >
    >> Why should I read in full an extremely opinionated article on
    >> what is to me a foreign newspaper website that publishes the
    >> views of a juror.

    >
    > Exactly. Who cares what a juror has to say. After all, the juror was only
    > there for over 3 months and heard *all* of the testimony and saw *all* of
    > the facts. And we all know how "extremely opinionated" those jurors are.


    ...nope.

    Saw *all the facts that the court chose to let them see*.

    That can make a big difference.

    Although bias is still an issue. Anyone that chooses to ignore
    this despite all of the studies to the contrary is just an idiot.
    There are lawyers whose entire "speciality" is pandering to juries
    to try to take advantage the ways in which they can be manipulated.

    So don't be a slob and a jerk in court.

    You might not get a bailout from the Whitehouse.

    [deletia]

    --
    Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
    attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates |||
    the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in / | \
    events not in their control.

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    > "Ezekiel" writes:
    >
    >> "ray" wrote in message
    >> news:67p509F2pv53bU1@mid.individual.net...
    >>> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:29:04 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../a/2008/04/29/
    >>> BAKU10DLNG.DTL&tsp=1
    >>>>
    >>>> "Computer programmer Hans Reiser was arrogant while testifying in his
    >>>> murder trial and never showed any compassion for his estranged wife, one
    >>>> of many factors that led to his conviction on first-degree murder, a
    >>>> member of the jury said today."
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8647
    >>>>
    >>>> "Reiser FS: The open source file system fallout"
    >>>>
    >>>> SuSE and Debian use ReiserFS version 3, a stable and proven version of
    >>>> the code that has been sitting mostly fallow for some time, and is
    >>>> maintained with bugfixes on a best effort basis. Prior to the whirlwind
    >>>> and highly publicized trial, Hans Reiser and his small team were working
    >>>> on Reiser4, but much of this development grinded to a halt due to his
    >>>> legal woes, and the project is more than likely to die an unfortunate
    >>>> death by virtue of its lead programmer having to serve a minimum 25 year
    >>>> life sentence in prison.
    >>>
    >>> Why is that? I should think he would have plenty of time to work on it!
    >>>

    >>
    >> All kidding aside - why can't he continue to work on Reiser FS?
    >>
    >> - He'll have plenty of time.
    >> - He would truly be doing this because it's something he's interested in.
    >> - He'll need something to do to pass the time.
    >> - By all accounts Reiser is a smart person. He'll need something to keep
    >> his mind active.
    >>
    >> Is there some sort of new rule or regulation that prohibits prisoners from
    >> using computers?

    >
    > What so he can groom another Eastern European woman on the net and
    > murder her in a gristly fashion?


    It wouldn't be unprecedented.

    >
    > He is going to prison to be punished - not as a free replacement for his
    > mothers basement.


    OK. So lobby for prison reform now and leave us alone.

    --
    Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
    attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates |||
    the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in / | \
    events not in their control.

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.


    "JEDIDIAH" wrote in message
    news:slrng1f67q.o9g.jedi@nomad.mishnet...
    > On 2008-04-29, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >> news:Gf2dnWyPhovC6orVRVnyhgA@metronet...
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> SomeBloke writes:
    >>>
    >>>>> Oh dear Hardon, lost the use of your limited IQ again? Ah Gary, poor
    >>>>> little lad, you don't appear to realise that you are regarded with
    >>>>> contempt by everyone who unfortunately reads your moronic posts.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> The article is an irrelevance, as are you.
    >>>>
    >>>> All very wordy, but ultimately you say nothing. As I pointed out in
    >>>> another reply your own self regard is sadly let down by the emptiness
    >>>> of
    >>>> your statements. The article *is* relevant you retard because it
    >>>> answered
    >>>> your rather ridiculous question about the body. Seriously, you're not
    >>>> HPT under another nym are you? Do ask if you need anything else
    >>>> answering or explaining.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> It's not the first time you have stupidly mistaken me for High Plains
    >>> Thumper. Is it because you are of limited intelligence or are YOU
    >>> a 'retard'?
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >>> As to my initial question, it was a straightforward enquiry that anyone
    >>> without extensive knowledge of or interest in the subject might ask.

    >>
    >> It doesn't take "extensive knowledge" to know this. Just about each and
    >> every article about the case mentions this.
    >>
    >>
    >>> Why should I read in full an extremely opinionated article on
    >>> what is to me a foreign newspaper website that publishes the
    >>> views of a juror.

    >>
    >> Exactly. Who cares what a juror has to say. After all, the juror was only
    >> there for over 3 months and heard *all* of the testimony and saw *all* of
    >> the facts. And we all know how "extremely opinionated" those jurors are.

    >
    > ...nope.
    >
    > Saw *all the facts that the court chose to let them see*.


    Saw all the evidence and facts that are "legally admissible" in court.
    There are many things that are not admissible in court. For example... if a
    defendant has prior convictions or was arrested as a juvenile then this
    isn't admissible. Just because prosecutors and the defence can't do
    "whatever they want" in court doesn't make the proceedings any less fair.


    > That can make a big difference.


    It usually helps the defense. Most of these restrictions are there to keep
    the states prosecutorial powers in check. The limit what the state can do
    more than the defense.


    > Although bias is still an issue. Anyone that chooses to ignore
    > this despite all of the studies to the contrary is just an idiot.
    > There are lawyers whose entire "speciality" is pandering to juries
    > to try to take advantage the ways in which they can be manipulated.


    The jury took all of 2.5 hours to convict him. And they convicted him of
    FIRST DEGREE murder. For the people that were there every day for 6 months
    it wasn't even close. You probably haven't spent 6 *minutes* on this case so
    I'll believe the 12 impartial jurors who were there for 6 months over what
    you and your 6-minute opinion says.


    > So don't be a slob and a jerk in court.

    How about not murdering your wife and avoid court in the first place.




    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  6. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:02:52 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> SomeBloke writes:
    >>>
    >>>>> Oh dear Hardon, lost the use of your limited IQ again? Ah Gary, poor
    >>>>> little lad, you don't appear to realise that you are regarded with
    >>>>> contempt by everyone who unfortunately reads your moronic posts.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> The article is an irrelevance, as are you.
    >>>>
    >>>> All very wordy, but ultimately you say nothing. As I pointed out in
    >>>> another reply your own self regard is sadly let down by the emptiness of
    >>>> your statements. The article *is* relevant you retard because it
    >>>> answered your rather ridiculous question about the body. Seriously,
    >>>> you're not HPT under another nym are you? Do ask if you need anything
    >>>> else answering or explaining.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> It's not the first time you have stupidly mistaken me for High Plains
    >>> Thumper. Is it because you are of limited intelligence or are YOU
    >>> a 'retard'?
    >>>
    >>> As to my initial question, it was a straightforward enquiry that anyone
    >>> without extensive knowledge of or interest in the subject might
    >>> ask. Why

    >>
    >> Don't be ridiculous. The whole interest in the case was about the
    >> missing body. We had everything else : blood splatters, missing car
    >> seats, missing wife ....
    >>
    >>> should I read in full an extremely opinionated article on what is to me a
    >>> foreign newspaper website that publishes the views of a juror.

    >>
    >> Wow. You really are a ****wit of the highest order. What does a jurors
    >> views have to do with whether they found a body? Are you sure you're not
    >> HPT? You're stupid enough. And besides, since that juror was also
    >> responsible along with the others of convicting him I would think that
    >> her views were very relevant.
    >>
    >>>
    >>> You appear to think that we should all bow down in deference to your
    >>> opinions, what a sad little life you must lead.

    >>
    >> Aha. Spike Halliwell or Kier I presume ...
    >>
    >> And it was you who said, when pointed to the article which answered your
    >> question with facts, "You totally brain dead WANKER.". So - pot, kettle
    >> etc.
    >>
    >>>
    >>> You've succeeded in boring me again.

    >>
    >> Since you have the attention span of a goldfish and the IQ of a mollusc
    >> that is hardly surprising.

    >
    >
    > Not Spike Halliwell or Kier. You're not doing very well here are you Gary?
    > Why don't you try somewhere more your level, a place where your self
    > ordained divinity isn't challenged. Where you don't struggle to comprehend
    > intelligent banter.
    >
    > The local sewer perhaps. That is where you belong.
    >
    > Hardon Quack.
    > def: an opinionated cretin with a God complex. Tends to overstate its
    > importance without a valid reason.


    Oh, Quack's full of his own self-importance alright. Some call it ****.
    Someone else who knows what an asshole he is:-


    Hadron must not work since he seems to be posting 24/7 on a lot of
    groups. If he does have a job and he is doing this at work he should
    be walked out the door post haste.

    He is a self-proclaimed authority on everything, yet seems to know
    nothing but how to insult people.

    Major asshole.
    From: Bill Baka
    Message-ID: <3bFBj.316$Rq1.146@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com>
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008


    It's Hadrons' own little world of arrogance.
    His contributions are mostly telling you how stupid you are.
    Bill Baka

    Message-ID:
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: Dual Boot
    Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.
    -- 64bit Mandriva 2008.1 --

  7. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    >> SomeBloke writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> SomeBloke writes:

    > [deletia]
    >>> It's not the first time you have stupidly mistaken me for High Plains
    >>> Thumper. Is it because you are of limited intelligence or are YOU
    >>> a 'retard'?
    >>>
    >>> As to my initial question, it was a straightforward enquiry that anyone
    >>> without extensive knowledge of or interest in the subject might
    >>> ask. Why

    >>
    >> Don't be ridiculous. The whole interest in the case was about the
    >> missing body. We had everything else : blood splatters, missing car
    >> seats, missing wife ....

    >
    > Missing wife is a given, so that doesn't count.


    Missing wife is different from "no body".

    >
    > Missing car seat is a little odd but you don't burn people at
    > the stake anymore for being a little odd (at least you're not
    > supposed to).


    Except when its removed when the wife goes missing and there were blood
    splatters.

    >
    > Blood may or may not be interesting. Live with a woman a while
    > and you will discover this for yourself.
    >
    > [deletia]


    You're not seriously trying to pull the "I know more about women" line
    are you? Oh. My. God.


    I'm amazed - you appear to be defending him.

  8. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    SomeBloke writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> SomeBloke writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> SomeBloke writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>> Oh dear Hardon, lost the use of your limited IQ again? Ah Gary, poor
    >>>>>>> little lad, you don't appear to realise that you are regarded with
    >>>>>>> contempt by everyone who unfortunately reads your moronic posts.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> The article is an irrelevance, as are you.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> All very wordy, but ultimately you say nothing. As I pointed out in
    >>>>>> another reply your own self regard is sadly let down by the emptiness
    >>>>>> of your statements. The article *is* relevant you retard because it
    >>>>>> answered your rather ridiculous question about the body. Seriously,
    >>>>>> you're not HPT under another nym are you? Do ask if you need anything
    >>>>>> else answering or explaining.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> It's not the first time you have stupidly mistaken me for High Plains
    >>>>> Thumper. Is it because you are of limited intelligence or are YOU
    >>>>> a 'retard'?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> As to my initial question, it was a straightforward enquiry that anyone
    >>>>> without extensive knowledge of or interest in the subject might
    >>>>> ask. Why
    >>>>
    >>>> Don't be ridiculous. The whole interest in the case was about the
    >>>> missing body. We had everything else : blood splatters, missing car
    >>>> seats, missing wife ....
    >>>>
    >>>>> should I read in full an extremely opinionated article on what is to me
    >>>>> a foreign newspaper website that publishes the views of a juror.
    >>>>
    >>>> Wow. You really are a ****wit of the highest order. What does a jurors
    >>>> views have to do with whether they found a body? Are you sure you're not
    >>>> HPT? You're stupid enough. And besides, since that juror was also
    >>>> responsible along with the others of convicting him I would think that
    >>>> her views were very relevant.
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You appear to think that we should all bow down in deference to your
    >>>>> opinions, what a sad little life you must lead.
    >>>>
    >>>> Aha. Spike Halliwell or Kier I presume ...
    >>>>
    >>>> And it was you who said, when pointed to the article which answered your
    >>>> question with facts, "You totally brain dead WANKER.". So - pot, kettle
    >>>> etc.
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You've succeeded in boring me again.
    >>>>
    >>>> Since you have the attention span of a goldfish and the IQ of a mollusc
    >>>> that is hardly surprising.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Not Spike Halliwell or Kier. You're not doing very well here are you
    >>> Gary? Why don't you try somewhere more your level, a place where your
    >>> self ordained divinity isn't challenged. Where you don't struggle to
    >>> comprehend intelligent banter.
    >>>
    >>> The local sewer perhaps. That is where you belong.
    >>>
    >>> Hardon Quack.
    >>> def: an opinionated cretin with a God complex. Tends to overstate its
    >>> importance without a valid reason.
    >>>

    >>
    >> You sure talk a lot for someone who shows disdain for other people
    >> having opinions. But lets see : you have the tendency not to like people
    >> who put you down, you have a potty mouth. Yup. Halliwell or Kier I
    >> reckon. I don't think you're HPT as you're too literate. But who knows?
    >> He is such a practised nym shifter who can tell these days? And who is
    >> Gary?

    >
    >
    > Potty mouth? How childish and how wrong. Reread your own posts and then
    > reassess who has the 'potty mouth'.


    Listen Mr Stupid : you started it.

    >
    > As for Gary, why not. You appear to 'reckon' my name is Kier. You
    > don't 'reckon' very well do you?


    I said Kier or that guy who keeps boasting about his degree and the
    making a tit of himself with every post he attempts in a technical
    thread. I can not remember anymore more consistently wrong other than
    WronG.

    >
    > As far as I'm concerned this is the end of the thread.


    Or could it be Mr Anonymous? He had a habit of getting spanked and
    running off home to Mummy too.

    --
    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our
    services, allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."
    Mark Kent

  9. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article ,
    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > > What makes you think Reiser was obsessed with Linux? Writing a good
    > > filesystem does not imply obsession.

    >
    > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=25659
    >
    > Read down:
    >
    > "Reiser was obsessed with the 30% that couldn't be read in Reiser4, rather
    > than the main point of the testimony, which is a self-admitted computer
    > geek turned off his machine the same day he appeared nervous at his kids'
    > school, on a day he didn't have custody, and didn't turn it on after that
    > time."


    That's a comment posted by some random reader of the blog, not supported
    by anything in the blog article. There is a mention of 30% in the
    article--the prosecution's forensics expert, who examined Reiser's
    disks, said he didn't have time to conduct a complete examination, and
    30% of the disk was not looked at.

    I'd think that when you are sitting at trial for first degree murder,
    and an expert witness for the prosecution says he didn't look at all
    your disk, it would be perfectly normal, and not at all obsessive, to
    have a major interest in that.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  10. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH writes:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    >>> SomeBloke writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> SomeBloke writes:

    >> [deletia]
    >>>> It's not the first time you have stupidly mistaken me for High Plains
    >>>> Thumper. Is it because you are of limited intelligence or are YOU
    >>>> a 'retard'?
    >>>>
    >>>> As to my initial question, it was a straightforward enquiry that anyone
    >>>> without extensive knowledge of or interest in the subject might
    >>>> ask. Why
    >>>
    >>> Don't be ridiculous. The whole interest in the case was about the
    >>> missing body. We had everything else : blood splatters, missing car
    >>> seats, missing wife ....

    >>
    >> Missing wife is a given, so that doesn't count.

    >
    > Missing wife is different from "no body".


    No, they are the same thing. The person can't be found and
    the relevant people just assume that she's dead.

    >
    >>
    >> Missing car seat is a little odd but you don't burn people at
    >> the stake anymore for being a little odd (at least you're not
    >> supposed to).

    >
    > Except when its removed when the wife goes missing and there were blood
    > splatters.


    No, this still is just the domain of "weirdo".

    >
    >>
    >> Blood may or may not be interesting. Live with a woman a while
    >> and you will discover this for yourself.
    >>
    >> [deletia]

    >
    > You're not seriously trying to pull the "I know more about women" line
    > are you? Oh. My. God.
    >
    >
    > I'm amazed - you appear to be defending him.


    No, I just like to be sure before potentially executing someone.

    This guy is being demonized because he's a freak, not because
    he's a murderer. He might actually be, but that's not what he was
    really convicted of.

    --
    NO! There are no CODICILES of Fight Club! |||
    / | \
    That way leads to lawyers and business megacorps and credit cards!

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  11. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article ,
    chrisv wrote:
    > >Hadron puked:
    > >>
    > >> SomeBloke writes:
    > >>>
    > >>> Hadron wrote:
    > >>>>
    > >>>> This Reiser guy has all the character traits of Roy Schestowitz in my
    > >>>> opinion.
    > >>>
    > >>> You totally brain dead WANKER.
    > >>
    > >> So you didn't read the article?

    >
    > I did, and saw NOTHING that could REMOTELY lead to the comment you
    > made about Roy.


    Why did you snip quotes in such a way to make it look like Hadron is
    claiming something he didn't claim?

    Hadron is claiming that the article states that no body has been found.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  12. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.


    "JEDIDIAH" wrote in message
    news:slrng1fgaa.5k2.jedi@nomad.mishnet...
    > On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH writes:
    >>
    >>> On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    >>>> SomeBloke writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> SomeBloke writes:
    >>> [deletia]
    >>>>> It's not the first time you have stupidly mistaken me for High Plains
    >>>>> Thumper. Is it because you are of limited intelligence or are YOU
    >>>>> a 'retard'?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> As to my initial question, it was a straightforward enquiry that
    >>>>> anyone
    >>>>> without extensive knowledge of or interest in the subject might
    >>>>> ask. Why
    >>>>
    >>>> Don't be ridiculous. The whole interest in the case was about the
    >>>> missing body. We had everything else : blood splatters, missing car
    >>>> seats, missing wife ....
    >>>
    >>> Missing wife is a given, so that doesn't count.

    >>
    >> Missing wife is different from "no body".

    >
    > No, they are the same thing. The person can't be found and
    > the relevant people just assume that she's dead.


    The jury believed "beyond a reasonable doubt" that she's dead.


    >>
    >>>
    >>> Missing car seat is a little odd but you don't burn people at
    >>> the stake anymore for being a little odd (at least you're not
    >>> supposed to).

    >>
    >> Except when its removed when the wife goes missing and there were blood
    >> splatters.

    >
    > No, this still is just the domain of "weirdo".


    By definition a murderer is a weirdo so it certainly holds true.


    >>
    >>>
    >>> Blood may or may not be interesting. Live with a woman a while
    >>> and you will discover this for yourself.
    >>>
    >>> [deletia]

    >>
    >> You're not seriously trying to pull the "I know more about women" line
    >> are you? Oh. My. God.
    >>
    >>
    >> I'm amazed - you appear to be defending him.

    >
    > No, I just like to be sure before potentially executing someone.
    >


    > This guy is being demonized because he's a freak, not because
    > he's a murderer.


    Being a freak isn't illegal. Murdering your wife is. And he's not being
    demonized. He's was tried, unaminously found guilty by 12 jurors and will
    hopefully rot in prison for the rest of his life as punishment for killing
    his wife.


    > He might actually be, but that's not what he was
    > really convicted of.


    And how would you, posting from your mothers basement, know what he "was
    really convicted of" - you don't. You didn't see the evidence. You didn't
    hear the testimonty. You know nothing about the case. The jury was there
    and the jury convicted the scumbag killer who murdered his wife.



    > --
    > NO! There are no CODICILES of Fight Club! |||
    > / | \
    > That way leads to lawyers and business megacorps and credit cards!
    >
    > Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    > ----------------------------------------------------------
    > http://www.usenet.com



    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  13. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    chrisv wrote:
    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> You totally brain dead WANKER.

    >
    > Just KF the piece of ****. You like reading his garbage?


    Anything is better than your no-content "posts", lamebrain.



  14. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > "Alexander Terekhov" wrote in message


    >> Microsoft Windows compatible
    >>
    >> Microsoft Office programs only"


    Ain't that a bitch? LMAO!

    Hans' starts a Word journal: "I gotta get out of here! Can I bring Nina
    back from the dead?"
    Hans first Outlook appointment: "6am. Breakfast. Recurring: Daily, every 1
    day. No end date."
    Hans first Outlook Task: "Buddy up with some Aryan Brothers"
    Hans first Excel budget: $1.75/hour x 6 hours/day x 5 days/week = $52.50!



    >> Man oh man.

    >
    > That's because forcing criminals to use linux would be..... Cruel and
    > unusual punishment!!!!


    Worse than forcing them to eat Nutraloaf for 10 years.




  15. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:44:10 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> What makes you think Reiser was obsessed with Linux? Writing a good
    >>> filesystem does not imply obsession.

    >>
    >> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=25659
    >>
    >> Read down:
    >>
    >> "Reiser was obsessed with the 30% that couldn't be read in Reiser4, rather
    >> than the main point of the testimony, which is a self-admitted computer
    >> geek turned off his machine the same day he appeared nervous at his kids'
    >> school, on a day he didn't have custody, and didn't turn it on after that
    >> time."

    >
    > That's a comment posted by some random reader of the blog, not supported
    > by anything in the blog article. There is a mention of 30% in the
    > article--the prosecution's forensics expert, who examined Reiser's
    > disks, said he didn't have time to conduct a complete examination, and
    > 30% of the disk was not looked at.
    >
    > I'd think that when you are sitting at trial for first degree murder,
    > and an expert witness for the prosecution says he didn't look at all
    > your disk, it would be perfectly normal, and not at all obsessive, to
    > have a major interest in that.


    30 percent couldn't be read in Reiser 4, IOW he seems to be obsessed over
    the fact it couldn't be read in 'Reiser 4' vs the fact it couldn't be read.

    IOW, if it was written, it in theory *can* be read possibly using another
    file system for that 30 percent.

    That's the way I read it anyway.

    The guy's an obsessive no matter how you slice it and since Linux is his
    baby, it goes to reason he is obsessive with Linux as well.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DLNG.DTL&tsp=1
    >
    > "Computer programmer Hans Reiser was arrogant while testifying in his murder
    > trial and never showed any compassion for his estranged wife, one of many
    > factors that led to his conviction on first-degree murder, a member of the
    > jury said today."


    ****in unreal.

    and why should he "show compassion" for her? for all we know they had a
    ****ty marriage. she still hasn't been proven anything other than missing.

    only in america.

  17. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    "DFS" writes:

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >> "Alexander Terekhov" wrote in message

    >
    >>> Microsoft Windows compatible
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft Office programs only"

    >
    > Ain't that a bitch? LMAO!
    >
    > Hans' starts a Word journal: "I gotta get out of here! Can I bring Nina
    > back from the dead?"
    > Hans first Outlook appointment: "6am. Breakfast. Recurring: Daily, every 1
    > day. No end date."
    > Hans first Outlook Task: "Buddy up with some Aryan Brothers"
    > Hans first Excel budget: $1.75/hour x 6 hours/day x 5 days/week = $52.50!
    >


    Could he afford a Windows license on that?

  18. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH writes:
    >>
    >>> On 2008-04-29, Hadron wrote:
    >>>> SomeBloke writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> SomeBloke writes:
    >>> [deletia]
    >>>>> It's not the first time you have stupidly mistaken me for High Plains
    >>>>> Thumper. Is it because you are of limited intelligence or are YOU
    >>>>> a 'retard'?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> As to my initial question, it was a straightforward enquiry that anyone
    >>>>> without extensive knowledge of or interest in the subject might
    >>>>> ask. Why
    >>>>
    >>>> Don't be ridiculous. The whole interest in the case was about the
    >>>> missing body. We had everything else : blood splatters, missing car
    >>>> seats, missing wife ....
    >>>
    >>> Missing wife is a given, so that doesn't count.

    >>
    >> Missing wife is different from "no body".

    >
    > No, they are the same thing. The person can't be found and
    > the relevant people just assume that she's dead.


    As I said they are different. Leading to the assumed connection.

    >
    >>
    >>>
    >>> Missing car seat is a little odd but you don't burn people at
    >>> the stake anymore for being a little odd (at least you're not
    >>> supposed to).

    >>
    >> Except when its removed when the wife goes missing and there were blood
    >> splatters.

    >
    > No, this still is just the domain of "weirdo".


    No. You are the weirdo. I guess if they found a knife with blood over it
    that would be because he "might have" just killed a rabbit with it?

    >
    >>
    >>>
    >>> Blood may or may not be interesting. Live with a woman a while
    >>> and you will discover this for yourself.
    >>>
    >>> [deletia]

    >>
    >> You're not seriously trying to pull the "I know more about women" line
    >> are you? Oh. My. God.
    >>
    >>
    >> I'm amazed - you appear to be defending him.

    >
    > No, I just like to be sure before potentially executing someone.
    >


    And you are?

    > This guy is being demonized because he's a freak, not because
    > he's a murderer. He might actually be, but that's not what he was
    > really convicted of.


    No he's being demonized for being a cold hearted freak who murdered his
    wife in cold blood and then showed no emotion or regret and totally
    failed to realise the depths of his crimes. He is a freak.

    --
    I was attacked by dselect as a small child and have since avoided
    debian.
    -- Andrew Morton

  19. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:19:26 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DLNG.DTL&tsp=1
    >>
    >> "Computer programmer Hans Reiser was arrogant while testifying in his murder
    >> trial and never showed any compassion for his estranged wife, one of many
    >> factors that led to his conviction on first-degree murder, a member of the
    >> jury said today."

    >
    > ****in unreal.
    >
    > and why should he "show compassion" for her? for all we know they had a
    > ****ty marriage. she still hasn't been proven anything other than missing.
    >
    > only in america.


    Key phrase "one of many factors".....

    Most NORMAL people will feel compassion for a person missing, ill, sickly,
    retarded, etc even if they have absolutely no connection with said person.

    Most people are good, contrary to what the liberal media wish us to
    believe.

    IOW, your soon to be ex-wife is screwing the mailman, raking you over the
    coals financially and is probably going to take you for all you are worth.
    You hate her and she hates you, no problem with that.
    Now she gets terminal cancer...
    A normal person will feel something for her.
    IOW a level set takes place and the bickering is now not as important.
    A nut will chart the progression hoping she dies yesterday.

    It's only psychopaths who feel no compassion.

    Reiser seems to be a nut.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:19:26 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DLNG.DTL&tsp=1
    >>>
    >>> "Computer programmer Hans Reiser was arrogant while testifying in his murder
    >>> trial and never showed any compassion for his estranged wife, one of many
    >>> factors that led to his conviction on first-degree murder, a member of the
    >>> jury said today."

    >> ****in unreal.
    >>
    >> and why should he "show compassion" for her? for all we know they had a
    >> ****ty marriage. she still hasn't been proven anything other than missing.
    >>
    >> only in america.

    >
    > Key phrase "one of many factors".....
    >
    > Most NORMAL people will feel compassion for a person missing, ill, sickly,
    > retarded, etc even if they have absolutely no connection with said person.


    there you go again, making assumptions that she's missing for some bad
    reason. for all we know she's pissed off to somewhere exotic with her
    lover. that's my point - we do not actually know anything other than she
    is missing.

    of course, if it is proven that she's dead then that's another matter
    entirely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast