NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins. - Linux

This is a discussion on NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins. - Linux ; On Mon, 05 May 2008 22:19:37 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > On Mon, 5 May 2008 17:28:00 -0400, Ezekiel wrote: > >> "JEDIDIAH" wrote in message >> news:slrng1utl0.1r7.jedi@nomad.mishnet... >>> On 2008-05-02, Tim Smith wrote: >>>> In article , >>>> JEDIDIAH ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 201

Thread: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

  1. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 22:19:37 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 5 May 2008 17:28:00 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "JEDIDIAH" wrote in message
    >> news:slrng1utl0.1r7.jedi@nomad.mishnet...
    >>> On 2008-05-02, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>> In article ,
    >>>> JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >>>>> >> her two kids? And at the same time she vanishes he removes a car
    >>>>> >> seat
    >>>>>
    >>>>> People do this too... "just disappearing".
    >>>>
    >>>> How often do people just disappear right around the time they leave
    >>>> blood in the car of the most likely suspect, and leave blood in his
    >>>> house?
    >>>
    >>> When was the age of the blood ever accurately established?

    >>
    >> The blood "splatters" were high on a post and while the exact age was
    >> never determined, it was classified as being recent.
    >>
    >>
    >>> The only thing that was claimed is that there was blood found.

    >>
    >> Blood splatters. There's a difference. Look it up.
    >>
    >>
    >>> Given that these people were intimate for a number of years, that
    >>> leaves quite a long time for small amounts of blood to accumulate.

    >>
    >> Not blood splatters well above the height where they could have gotten
    >> there accidently.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>> How often after someone just disappears, but before the disappearance
    >>>> is known, does that most likely suspect to pick up the kids at
    >>>> school, when it was her turn?
    >>>>
    >>>> How often does the most likely suspect after such a disappearance try
    >>>> to hide his car so police won't be able to search it?
    >>>
    >>> Anyone who's seen Law & Order probably.

    >>
    >> Did he even own a television? How did he watch it while living in his
    >> car?
    >>
    >>
    >>> Although this is just another accusation.

    >>
    >> Enough accusations for 12 jurors to find him guilty.
    >>
    >>
    >>>> How often does said suspect try to lose police that are following
    >>>> him? If someone I knew disappeared and I knew I was a suspect, I'd
    >>>> welcome police surveillance, so that if I'm tried, my attorney could
    >>>> call the
    >>>
    >>> This is extraordinarily naive of you.
    >>>
    >>>> cops and have them testify that they had me under *constant* watch,
    >>>> and did not observe me do anything suspicious.
    >>>>
    >>>> It is easy to explain away any individual bit of evidence against
    >>>> Reiser. The problem is that there are a dozen or two such things,
    >>>> all indicating guilt. Taken together, it is a pretty overwhelming
    >>>> case.
    >>>
    >>> There's supposition and a little bit of physical evidence.
    >>>
    >>> Like I said before, the guy's been convicted of being a freak.

    >>
    >> And you know this how exactly? Oh that's right... you don't know this.
    >> It's simple-minded supposition on your part.
    >>
    >> If he doesn't like the verdict then he's free to appeal. All of your
    >> cheerleading and defending him in COLA doesn't make a single iota of
    >> difference.
    >> Let him appeal the verdict. That's how the system works. Deal with it.
    >>
    >>
    >> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >
    > Rick is just being anal about this.


    I am not.

    > We all know the jury system is not perfect, see OJ for details. Any
    > judge will tell you that when your client is truly guilty a moronic jury
    > is a defense lawyer's dream.
    > See OJ again.
    >
    > Rick just can't deal with the fact that a Linux *icon* went off the deep
    > end so like a good COLA soldier he will argue the point till the end,
    > finding idiotic reasons and so forth to make his case.


    So, you are stupid AND a liar.



    --
    Rick

  2. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    "Rick" stated in post
    D_mdnQv6WPBJTILVnZ2dnUVZ_tzinZ2d@supernews.com on 5/5/08 8:34 PM:

    >> Rick is just being anal about this.

    >
    > I am not.
    >
    >> We all know the jury system is not perfect, see OJ for details. Any
    >> judge will tell you that when your client is truly guilty a moronic jury
    >> is a defense lawyer's dream.
    >> See OJ again.
    >>
    >> Rick just can't deal with the fact that a Linux *icon* went off the deep
    >> end so like a good COLA soldier he will argue the point till the end,
    >> finding idiotic reasons and so forth to make his case.

    >
    > So, you are stupid AND a liar.


    Where do you think he is wrong?


    --
    When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
    to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not
    beautiful, I know it is wrong. -- R. Buckminster Fuller


  3. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > [snips]
    >
    > On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:46:41 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Suppose Reiser had NOT tried to hide the car. Would it be normal human
    >> behavior for him to lie, under oath in front of the jury, and claim that
    >> he *had* tried to hide the car? *That's* the abnormal behavior we are
    >> discussing here. Normal people lie, if they are going to lie, when it
    >> advances their interests. They do not generally lie in order to hurt
    >> themselves.

    >
    > Nor did he, so whatever your point is isn't clear.
    >


    I would suggest you read the thread and pull that big head of yours in
    for a moment because it's perfectly clear what is being said.

    --
    "There is no such thing as Intellectual Property"
    Mark Kent, COLA Hypocrite

  4. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:34:50 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >>> > What possible motive would Reiser have to lie and claim that he tried
    >>> > to hide his car if he didn't in fact try to hide it?
    >>>
    >>> He *did* try to hide it. He *said* so. He admitted it. He even
    >>> explained why - a reason *completely* in character with much of the
    >>> other information available about him and his particular lifestyle.

    >>
    >> You've overlooked most of the context of this branch of the thread. I
    >> cited Reiser's testimony that he had tried to hide the car as acceptable
    >> proof that he had tried to hide the car.
    >>
    >> Rick thought that this meant that, to be consistent, I had to also
    >> believe Reiser's testimony that he had not committed murder.

    >
    > Rick was merely pointing out what a hypocritical, lying, two-faced
    > scumbag you are, claiming one thing is true because Reiser said so while
    > also rejecting something else as true despite Reiser saying so.
    >
    > Okay, Rick may be being more diplomatic than that, but hey, let's call a
    > scum a scum, shall we?
    >


    You really are as thick as two short planks Kelsey. You should stop now
    before you reach the depths of HPT and WronG.

  5. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 20:54:12 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > D_mdnQv6WPBJTILVnZ2dnUVZ_tzinZ2d@supernews.com on 5/5/08 8:34 PM:
    >
    >>> Rick is just being anal about this.

    >>
    >> I am not.
    >>
    >>> We all know the jury system is not perfect, see OJ for details. Any
    >>> judge will tell you that when your client is truly guilty a moronic jury
    >>> is a defense lawyer's dream.
    >>> See OJ again.
    >>>
    >>> Rick just can't deal with the fact that a Linux *icon* went off the deep
    >>> end so like a good COLA soldier he will argue the point till the end,
    >>> finding idiotic reasons and so forth to make his case.

    >>
    >> So, you are stupid AND a liar.

    >
    > Where do you think he is wrong?


    Rick has nothing of value to say anymore.
    It's the same crap from him over and over again.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar
    * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

  7. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    "Moshe Goldfarb" stated in post
    1n8693nvu0w6p$.12mq8bzjae4q5.dlg@40tude.net on 5/6/08 8:45 AM:

    > On Mon, 05 May 2008 20:54:12 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> D_mdnQv6WPBJTILVnZ2dnUVZ_tzinZ2d@supernews.com on 5/5/08 8:34 PM:
    >>
    >>>> Rick is just being anal about this.
    >>>
    >>> I am not.
    >>>
    >>>> We all know the jury system is not perfect, see OJ for details. Any
    >>>> judge will tell you that when your client is truly guilty a moronic jury
    >>>> is a defense lawyer's dream.
    >>>> See OJ again.
    >>>>
    >>>> Rick just can't deal with the fact that a Linux *icon* went off the deep
    >>>> end so like a good COLA soldier he will argue the point till the end,
    >>>> finding idiotic reasons and so forth to make his case.
    >>>
    >>> So, you are stupid AND a liar.

    >>
    >> Where do you think he is wrong?

    >
    > Rick has nothing of value to say anymore.


    Well, he might... he just hides it well.

    > It's the same crap from him over and over again.


    His famous mantras...

    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.




  8. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 14:29:15 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >> On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:34:50 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >> > In article ,
    >> > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >> >> > What possible motive would Reiser have to lie and claim that he
    >> >> > tried to hide his car if he didn't in fact try to hide it?
    >> >>
    >> >> He *did* try to hide it. He *said* so. He admitted it. He even
    >> >> explained why - a reason *completely* in character with much of the
    >> >> other information available about him and his particular lifestyle.
    >> >
    >> > You've overlooked most of the context of this branch of the thread.
    >> > I cited Reiser's testimony that he had tried to hide the car as
    >> > acceptable proof that he had tried to hide the car.
    >> >
    >> > Rick thought that this meant that, to be consistent, I had to also
    >> > believe Reiser's testimony that he had not committed murder.

    >>
    >> Rick was merely pointing out what a hypocritical, lying, two-faced
    >> scumbag you are, claiming one thing is true because Reiser said so
    >> while also rejecting something else as true despite Reiser saying so.
    >>
    >> Okay, Rick may be being more diplomatic than that, but hey, let's call
    >> a scum a scum, shall we?

    >
    > So your belief is that all statements made by Reiser under oath are
    > equally likely to be true?


    No, my belief is you're a lying, two-faced, dickheaded scumbag employing
    the worst sort of hypocrisy to make your point - which has been
    demonstrated, so it's not really a belief, so much as a cold, hard fact.


  9. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 14:25:39 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >> [snips]
    >>
    >> On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:46:41 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >> > Suppose Reiser had NOT tried to hide the car. Would it be normal
    >> > human behavior for him to lie, under oath in front of the jury, and
    >> > claim that he *had* tried to hide the car? *That's* the abnormal
    >> > behavior we are discussing here. Normal people lie, if they are
    >> > going to lie, when it advances their interests. They do not
    >> > generally lie in order to hurt themselves.

    >>
    >> Nor did he, so whatever your point is isn't clear.

    >
    > How do you know Reiser didn't lie when he claimed he tried to hide the
    > car?


    Quote: "They do not generally lie in order to hurt themselves." Which
    means you a) know he lied, and b) know he did it to hurt himself. The
    latter is _only_ true if you can discount a legitimate alternative,
    already offered, which you've been unable to thus far do.

    You are *such* a bonehead, I don't know why I even bother.


  10. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > On Mon, 05 May 2008 14:29:15 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:34:50 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>
    >>> > In article ,
    >>> > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >>> >> > What possible motive would Reiser have to lie and claim that he
    >>> >> > tried to hide his car if he didn't in fact try to hide it?
    >>> >>
    >>> >> He *did* try to hide it. He *said* so. He admitted it. He even
    >>> >> explained why - a reason *completely* in character with much of the
    >>> >> other information available about him and his particular lifestyle.
    >>> >
    >>> > You've overlooked most of the context of this branch of the thread.
    >>> > I cited Reiser's testimony that he had tried to hide the car as
    >>> > acceptable proof that he had tried to hide the car.
    >>> >
    >>> > Rick thought that this meant that, to be consistent, I had to also
    >>> > believe Reiser's testimony that he had not committed murder.
    >>>
    >>> Rick was merely pointing out what a hypocritical, lying, two-faced
    >>> scumbag you are, claiming one thing is true because Reiser said so
    >>> while also rejecting something else as true despite Reiser saying so.
    >>>
    >>> Okay, Rick may be being more diplomatic than that, but hey, let's call
    >>> a scum a scum, shall we?

    >>
    >> So your belief is that all statements made by Reiser under oath are
    >> equally likely to be true?

    >
    > No, my belief is you're a lying, two-faced, dickheaded scumbag employing
    > the worst sort of hypocrisy to make your point - which has been
    > demonstrated, so it's not really a belief, so much as a cold, hard fact.
    >


    LOL. Big head Kelsey has gone off on the deep end. She comes wading
    talking about things she knows *nothing about* once more, gets shown the
    errors in her thinking and throws a tantrum. Hilarious.

    Tim Smith 4 - 0 Kelsey Bighead


    --
    "Yes, I am a nymshifting troll. I used to be called Rafael, but since the operation I prefer to be called Robin T Cox."
    High Plains Shifter, COLA.

  11. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article ,
    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > >> On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:46:41 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    > >>
    > >> > Suppose Reiser had NOT tried to hide the car. Would it be normal
    > >> > human behavior for him to lie, under oath in front of the jury, and
    > >> > claim that he *had* tried to hide the car? *That's* the abnormal
    > >> > behavior we are discussing here. Normal people lie, if they are
    > >> > going to lie, when it advances their interests. They do not
    > >> > generally lie in order to hurt themselves.
    > >>
    > >> Nor did he, so whatever your point is isn't clear.

    > >
    > > How do you know Reiser didn't lie when he claimed he tried to hide the
    > > car?

    >
    > Quote: "They do not generally lie in order to hurt themselves." Which
    > means you a) know he lied, and b) know he did it to hurt himself. The
    > latter is _only_ true if you can discount a legitimate alternative,
    > already offered, which you've been unable to thus far do.
    >
    > You are *such* a bonehead, I don't know why I even bother.


    Kelsey, you should go back and read your own posts. You yourself
    pointed out that the "legitimate alternative" made Reiser look like an
    anti-government kook, and you yourself pointed out that the jury's
    negative perception of Reiser hurt him.

    Hence, Reiser's testimony that he tried to hid the car was testimony
    that hurt his case. Hence, I believe him when he said he tried to hide
    that car (as do you).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  12. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article <0si6f5-so8.ln1@spankywork.localhost.net>,
    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > > So your belief is that all statements made by Reiser under oath are
    > > equally likely to be true?

    >
    > No, my belief is you're a lying, two-faced, dickheaded scumbag employing
    > the worst sort of hypocrisy to make your point - which has been
    > demonstrated, so it's not really a belief, so much as a cold, hard fact.


    You have yet to come even remotely close to explaining just what you
    think is hypocritical about believing on the face of it someone's
    declaration against interest at a trial, but not according similar
    weight to their denial of having committed the crime they are accused of.

    And don't try to weasel out by saying his admission of trying to hide
    the car is not a declaration against interest. You have pointed out
    that his claimed reason for this makes him look like a kook, and you
    have pointed out that being disliked by the jury is bad for a defendant.
    Looking like a kook tends to make a jury dislike someone. Hence, just
    by what you have argued, admitting to trying to hide the car is a
    statement against interest.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  13. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article ,
    Hadron wrote:
    >
    > LOL. Big head Kelsey has gone off on the deep end. She comes wading
    > talking about things she knows *nothing about* once more, gets shown the
    > errors in her thinking and throws a tantrum. Hilarious.
    >
    > Tim Smith 4 - 0 Kelsey Bighead


    Have you ever noticed that the more Kelsey agrees with someone, the more
    abusive he gets? If you look at all of his posts in this thread, you
    can find in them agreement with every single point necessary for my
    argument. He's so confused he has no idea what he's arguing for or
    against.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  14. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    [snips]

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 12:09:13 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > Kelsey, you should go back and read your own posts. You yourself
    > pointed out that the "legitimate alternative" made Reiser look like an
    > anti-government kook, and you yourself pointed out that the jury's
    > negative perception of Reiser hurt him.


    What I said, if you were capable of reading, was that it hurt him in a
    sociological, not a legal, manner - a manner which a jury is _not_
    supposed to be using to convict.

    Which means that, as pertains to the trial itself, and your comment, it
    did _not_ hurt him, despite your assertion it did.

    Which means you're lying.

    Which is no surprise.


  15. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 12:49:54 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> LOL. Big head Kelsey has gone off on the deep end. She comes wading
    >> talking about things she knows *nothing about* once more, gets shown
    >> the errors in her thinking and throws a tantrum. Hilarious.
    >>
    >> Tim Smith 4 - 0 Kelsey Bighead

    >
    > Have you ever noticed that the more Kelsey agrees with someone, the more
    > abusive he gets? If you look at all of his posts in this thread, you
    > can find in them agreement with every single point necessary for my
    > argument.


    You mean you agree, you *are* a lying, two-faced, dickheaded scumbag
    employing the worst sort of hypocrisy to make your point?

    Well, nice to know you grew *some* balls and admitted it. 'Course, that
    does mean there's no reason to take you seriously.

    Geez, does the idiot *ever* stop to think how stupid his posting makes
    him look?


  16. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    On 2008-05-06, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > [snips]
    >
    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 12:09:13 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Kelsey, you should go back and read your own posts. You yourself
    >> pointed out that the "legitimate alternative" made Reiser look like an
    >> anti-government kook, and you yourself pointed out that the jury's
    >> negative perception of Reiser hurt him.

    >
    > What I said, if you were capable of reading, was that it hurt him in a
    > sociological, not a legal, manner - a manner which a jury is _not_
    > supposed to be using to convict.


    Do you read this stuff before you post it?

    "not supposed to be using"?

    Really...

    >
    > Which means that, as pertains to the trial itself, and your comment, it
    > did _not_ hurt him, despite your assertion it did.
    >
    > Which means you're lying.
    >
    > Which is no surprise.
    >


    Like I said (possibly even to you) before, if you ever go
    into court with this sort of naieve attitiude you will be in for
    a world/lifetime of hurt and pain.

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  17. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 11:45:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 05 May 2008 20:54:12 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> D_mdnQv6WPBJTILVnZ2dnUVZ_tzinZ2d@supernews.com on 5/5/08 8:34 PM:
    >>
    >>>> Rick is just being anal about this.
    >>>
    >>> I am not.
    >>>
    >>>> We all know the jury system is not perfect, see OJ for details. Any
    >>>> judge will tell you that when your client is truly guilty a moronic
    >>>> jury is a defense lawyer's dream.
    >>>> See OJ again.
    >>>>
    >>>> Rick just can't deal with the fact that a Linux *icon* went off the
    >>>> deep end so like a good COLA soldier he will argue the point till the
    >>>> end, finding idiotic reasons and so forth to make his case.
    >>>
    >>> So, you are stupid AND a liar.

    >>
    >> Where do you think he is wrong?

    >
    > Rick has nothing of value to say anymore. It's the same crap from him
    > over and over again.


    As opposed to what you post?



    --
    Rick

  18. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. OpenSource fallout begins.

    "Rick" stated in post
    QZ6dnX8o95NGf73VnZ2dnUVZ_gOdnZ2d@supernews.com on 5/6/08 3:59 PM:

    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 11:45:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 05 May 2008 20:54:12 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> D_mdnQv6WPBJTILVnZ2dnUVZ_tzinZ2d@supernews.com on 5/5/08 8:34 PM:
    >>>
    >>>>> Rick is just being anal about this.
    >>>>
    >>>> I am not.
    >>>>
    >>>>> We all know the jury system is not perfect, see OJ for details. Any
    >>>>> judge will tell you that when your client is truly guilty a moronic
    >>>>> jury is a defense lawyer's dream.
    >>>>> See OJ again.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Rick just can't deal with the fact that a Linux *icon* went off the
    >>>>> deep end so like a good COLA soldier he will argue the point till the
    >>>>> end, finding idiotic reasons and so forth to make his case.
    >>>>
    >>>> So, you are stupid AND a liar.
    >>>
    >>> Where do you think he is wrong?

    >>
    >> Rick has nothing of value to say anymore. It's the same crap from him
    >> over and over again.

    >
    > As opposed to what you post?


    Why do you feel the need to compare your posts with others?


    --
    The answer to the water shortage is to dilute it.


  19. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    In article <21v6f5-dte.ln1@spankywork.localhost.net>,
    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > [snips]
    >
    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 12:09:13 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    > > Kelsey, you should go back and read your own posts. You yourself
    > > pointed out that the "legitimate alternative" made Reiser look like an
    > > anti-government kook, and you yourself pointed out that the jury's
    > > negative perception of Reiser hurt him.

    >
    > What I said, if you were capable of reading, was that it hurt him in a
    > sociological, not a legal, manner - a manner which a jury is _not_
    > supposed to be using to convict.
    >
    > Which means that, as pertains to the trial itself, and your comment, it
    > did _not_ hurt him, despite your assertion it did.


    You seem to be having trouble remembering your own position. Perhaps
    you should reread your earlier posts. Here's a quote from one to get
    you started:

    [BEGIN KELSEY QUOTE]
    > That much is certainly true. However, other things are also true.
    > Comments made after the trial clearly indicate that at least several
    > jurors really didn't like the guy - and we, as humans, have a distinct
    > tendency to judge less harshly those we do like, judge more harshly those
    > we don't like, or simply don't know. Simple example: if your girlfriend
    > spills hot coffee on you, "It's okay, honey, it was just an accident",
    > but the stranger in line who spills coffee on you is "a clumsy jerk".

    [END KELSEY QUOTE]

    If your newsreader has a command to show parent postings, you should
    repeatedly use it, all the way back to the start of the thread. Then
    read all those posts, in order. You might then be able to contribute
    something non-stupid.

    Or you might at least figure out that what you are arguing is that if
    someone believes Reiser when he says he tried to hide the car, then they
    have to also believe him when he says he did not murder his wife, unless
    they are a hypocrite. Do you really think that?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  20. Re: NEWS - Hans Reiser, Found GUILTY of first degree murder. Open Source fallout begins.

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    > [snips]
    >
    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 12:09:13 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Kelsey, you should go back and read your own posts. You yourself
    >> pointed out that the "legitimate alternative" made Reiser look like an
    >> anti-government kook, and you yourself pointed out that the jury's
    >> negative perception of Reiser hurt him.

    >
    > What I said, if you were capable of reading, was that it hurt him in a
    > sociological, not a legal, manner - a manner which a jury is _not_
    > supposed to be using to convict.
    >
    > Which means that, as pertains to the trial itself, and your comment, it
    > did _not_ hurt him, despite your assertion it did.
    >
    > Which means you're lying.
    >
    > Which is no surprise.
    >


    As usual, Kelsey uses formatting to try to underline her piss poor
    arguments. If it wasn't COLA, I would ring for a nurse. As it is,
    there's probably one prying your fingers from the keyboard as we speak.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast