Microsoft total information awareness .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft total information awareness .. - Linux ; "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the FBI, Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the Air Force are attending a three-day technology training session at Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., campus|" "attendees will learn how to ...

  1. Microsoft total information awareness ..

    "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the FBI,
    Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the Air
    Force are attending a three-day technology training session at
    Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., campus|"

    "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE
    and how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and products
    like Hotmail and Windows"

    "COFEE (Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor), designed for use
    during police raids, is a USB thumb drive that captures evidence on a
    computer that could be lost when the computer is shut off"

    http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9930664-7.html

    To make sure you don't miss anything or accidentally alter files, you
    don't switch the computer on, you attach the harddrive to a second
    computer and run disk mirroring software, you also check the erased
    space and the swap file, else what use is it in evidence ...

  2. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:22:55 +0100, Mentohl wrote:

    > "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the FBI,
    > Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the Air
    > Force are attending a three-day technology training session at
    > Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., campus|"
    >
    > "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE
    > and how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and products
    > like Hotmail and Windows"
    >
    > "COFEE (Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor), designed for use
    > during police raids, is a USB thumb drive that captures evidence on a
    > computer that could be lost when the computer is shut off"
    >
    > http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9930664-7.html
    >
    > To make sure you don't miss anything or accidentally alter files, you
    > don't switch the computer on, you attach the harddrive to a second
    > computer and run disk mirroring software, you also check the erased
    > space and the swap file, else what use is it in evidence ...

    Company I worked for some moons ago had a swarm of "suits in shades"
    descend upon us and mirror most everything, except what they flat-out
    confiscated.

    When they did it on my desktop, they didn't do so good a job; they yanked
    the HD, mirrored it, yanked it out of their box and bust a pin in the
    process - no more data off that HD. Grr.

  3. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    Mentohl wrote:

    > "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the FBI,
    > Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the Air
    > Force are attending a three-day technology training session at
    > Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., campus|"
    >
    > "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE
    > and how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and products
    > like Hotmail and Windows"

    I am astonished!
    Law enforcement is gonna get perverted by micoshaftees?
    They should arrest all the micoshaft employees there and then!!!!!
    Doesn't anybody know micoshaft is crap with security?!?!?!?!!!

    All these dumb staff from micoshaft is responsible for all of the
    malware by being careless and release viri prone software.
    After training what are they gonna do - press F1 and hope
    Clippy will come to their rescue???

    These officials should be attending Linux courses!!!!
    Just using the dd command is enough to pull everything and analyze to
    heart's content later with greps to hand written scripts.

    All of a sudden I don't feel safe now that micoshaft
    has conned agencies to dumb down their officials.

  4. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    "Mentohl" wrote in message
    > "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the FBI,
    > Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the Air
    > Force are attending a three-day technology training session at Microsoft's
    > Redmond, Wash., campus|"
    >
    > "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE and
    > how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and products like
    > Hotmail and Windows"
    >
    > "COFEE (Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor), designed for use
    > during police raids, is a USB thumb drive that captures evidence on a
    > computer that could be lost when the computer is shut off"
    >
    > http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9930664-7.html
    >
    > To make sure you don't miss anything or accidentally alter files, you
    > don't switch the computer on, you attach the harddrive to a second
    > computer and run disk mirroring software, you also check the erased space
    > and the swap file, else what use is it in evidence ...

    That's the difference between MS and the linux extremists. While Microsoft
    works with the community and law enforcement the linux nuts are busy putting
    up boycott sites and whining.

  5. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    "Ezekiel" writes:

    > "Mentohl" wrote in message
    >> "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the FBI,
    >> Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the Air
    >> Force are attending a three-day technology training session at Microsoft's
    >> Redmond, Wash., campus|"
    >>
    >> "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE and
    >> how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and products like
    >> Hotmail and Windows"
    >>
    >> "COFEE (Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor), designed for use
    >> during police raids, is a USB thumb drive that captures evidence on a
    >> computer that could be lost when the computer is shut off"
    >>
    >> http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9930664-7.html
    >>
    >> To make sure you don't miss anything or accidentally alter files, you
    >> don't switch the computer on, you attach the harddrive to a second
    >> computer and run disk mirroring software, you also check the erased space
    >> and the swap file, else what use is it in evidence ...

    > That's the difference between MS and the linux extremists. While Microsoft
    > works with the community and law enforcement the linux nuts are busy putting
    > up boycott sites and whining.

    And chopping up their wives.

    --
    Does she think we just want to sit around painting debian swirls on our
    toenails?

  6. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:54:14 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Ezekiel" writes:
    >
    >> "Mentohl" wrote in message
    >>> "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the FBI,
    >>> Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the Air
    >>> Force are attending a three-day technology training session at Microsoft's
    >>> Redmond, Wash., campus|"
    >>>
    >>> "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE and
    >>> how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and products like
    >>> Hotmail and Windows"
    >>>
    >>> "COFEE (Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor), designed for use
    >>> during police raids, is a USB thumb drive that captures evidence on a
    >>> computer that could be lost when the computer is shut off"
    >>>
    >>> http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9930664-7.html
    >>>
    >>> To make sure you don't miss anything or accidentally alter files, you
    >>> don't switch the computer on, you attach the harddrive to a second
    >>> computer and run disk mirroring software, you also check the erased space
    >>> and the swap file, else what use is it in evidence ...

    >> That's the difference between MS and the linux extremists. While Microsoft
    >> works with the community and law enforcement the linux nuts are busy putting
    >> up boycott sites and whining.

    > And chopping up their wives.

    That's another thing Schestowitz has in common with Reiser.

    They are both into hacking....

    Hans Reiser likes to hack things up.

    Roy Schestowitz's servers *get* hacked...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:54:14 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> "Ezekiel" writes:
    >>
    >>> "Mentohl" wrote in message

    >>> That's the difference between MS and the linux extremists. While Microsoft
    >>> works with the community and law enforcement the linux nuts are busy putting
    >>> up boycott sites and whining.

    >> And chopping up their wives.

    > That's another thing Schestowitz has in common with Reiser.
    >
    > They are both into hacking....
    >
    > Hans Reiser likes to hack things up.
    >
    > Roy Schestowitz's servers *get* hacked...

    Spamowitz needs to pay attention to laws like this in the UK:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/w...st/7373639.stm

  8. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    "Hadron" wrote in message
    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    >>> And chopping up their wives.

    >> That's another thing Schestowitz has in common with Reiser.
    >>
    >> They are both into hacking....
    >>
    >> Hans Reiser likes to hack things up.
    >>
    >> Roy Schestowitz's servers *get* hacked...

    > Spamowitz needs to pay attention to laws like this in the UK:
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/w...st/7373639.stm

    Great article. The loser in the article has another similarity to the Roy
    Schestowitz loser:

    The officer and his wife saw the message and Brent, who is unemployed, was
    arrested at his home. He then claimed: "You can write on websites because
    it's freedom of speech."

    #1 - They are both unemployed.
    #2 - Both are too stupid to understand what "freedom of speach" actually
    means.

  9. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:44:41 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Mentohl" wrote in message
    >> "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the
    >> FBI, Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the
    >> Air Force are attending a three-day technology training session at
    >> Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., campus|"
    >>
    >> "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE
    >> and how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and
    >> products like Hotmail and Windows"
    >>
    >> "COFEE (Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor), designed for use
    >> during police raids, is a USB thumb drive that captures evidence on a
    >> computer that could be lost when the computer is shut off"
    >>
    >> http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9930664-7.html
    >>
    >> To make sure you don't miss anything or accidentally alter files, you
    >> don't switch the computer on, you attach the harddrive to a second
    >> computer and run disk mirroring software, you also check the erased
    >> space and the swap file, else what use is it in evidence ...

    > That's the difference between MS and the linux extremists. While
    > Microsoft works with the community and law enforcement the linux nuts
    > are busy putting up boycott sites and whining.

    Translation: while Microsoft works to undermine person privacy....

    Still can't quite configure that software, I see.

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:54:14 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Ezekiel" writes:
    >
    >> "Mentohl" wrote in message
    >>> "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the
    >>> FBI, Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and
    >>> the Air Force are attending a three-day technology training session at
    >>> Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., campus|"
    >>>
    >>> "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE
    >>> and how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and
    >>> products like Hotmail and Windows"
    >>>
    >>> "COFEE (Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor), designed for use
    >>> during police raids, is a USB thumb drive that captures evidence on a
    >>> computer that could be lost when the computer is shut off"
    >>>
    >>> http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9930664-7.html
    >>>
    >>> To make sure you don't miss anything or accidentally alter files, you
    >>> don't switch the computer on, you attach the harddrive to a second
    >>> computer and run disk mirroring software, you also check the erased
    >>> space and the swap file, else what use is it in evidence ...

    >> That's the difference between MS and the linux extremists. While
    >> Microsoft works with the community and law enforcement the linux nuts
    >> are busy putting up boycott sites and whining.

    > And chopping up their wives.

    You use Linux, supposedly. How many of your wives did you chop up?

    --
    Rick

  11. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:05:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:54:14 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> "Ezekiel" writes:
    >>
    >>> "Mentohl" wrote in message

    >>> That's the difference between MS and the linux extremists. While
    >>> Microsoft works with the community and law enforcement the linux nuts
    >>> are busy putting up boycott sites and whining.

    >> And chopping up their wives.

    > That's another thing Schestowitz has in common with Reiser.
    >
    > They are both into hacking....
    >
    > Hans Reiser likes to hack things up.
    >
    > Roy Schestowitz's servers *get* hacked...

    .... as opposed to you who is proving more and more how much of a lowlife
    you are.

    --
    Rick

  12. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:M4qdnaIP_aq7EYrVnZ2dnUVZ_sjinZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:44:41 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Mentohl" wrote in message
    >>> "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the
    >>> FBI, Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the
    >>> Air Force are attending a three-day technology training session at
    >>> Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., campus|"
    >>>
    >>> "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE
    >>> and how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and
    >>> products like Hotmail and Windows"
    >>>
    >>> "COFEE (Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor), designed for use
    >>> during police raids, is a USB thumb drive that captures evidence on a
    >>> computer that could be lost when the computer is shut off"
    >>>
    >>> http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9930664-7.html
    >>>
    >>> To make sure you don't miss anything or accidentally alter files, you
    >>> don't switch the computer on, you attach the harddrive to a second
    >>> computer and run disk mirroring software, you also check the erased
    >>> space and the swap file, else what use is it in evidence ...

    >> That's the difference between MS and the linux extremists. While
    >> Microsoft works with the community and law enforcement the linux nuts
    >> are busy putting up boycott sites and whining.

    > Translation: while Microsoft works to undermine person privacy....

    So you're too stupid or lazy to read the article. It has nothing to do with
    personal privacy. Undermining that is Google's job... go read up on how many
    bloggers they've turned over to the Chinese government.

    Here's a quote from the article:

    This is the second such event Microsoft has held; the first was in 2006.
    Microsoft has trained more than 6,000 officers from more than 110 countries
    and does regular training with state officials and organizations like the
    International Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Kornblum says.

    But since you probably support exploiting children this doesn't appear to
    you. Hopefully this great technology can be used to convict and lockup
    derranged linux using murderers like Hans Reiser.

  13. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    Mentohl wrote:

    > "Hundreds of officials from agencies around the world including the FBI,
    > Interpol, state attorneys general, city and county police, and the Air
    > Force are attending a three-day technology training session at
    > Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., campus|"
    >
    > "attendees will learn how to pull evidence off PDAs running Windows CE
    > and how to gather evidence from Microsoft's online services and products
    > like Hotmail and Windows"
    >
    > "COFEE (Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor), designed for use
    > during police raids, is a USB thumb drive that captures evidence on a
    > computer that could be lost when the computer is shut off"
    >
    > http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9930664-7.html
    >
    > To make sure you don't miss anything or accidentally alter files, you
    > don't switch the computer on, you attach the harddrive to a second
    > computer and run disk mirroring software, you also check the erased
    > space and the swap file, else what use is it in evidence ...

    If you rely on Microsoft to protect your privacy... you DESERVE to get
    everything you PAY FOR...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  14. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:53:36 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:M4qdnaIP_aq7EYrVnZ2dnUVZ_sjinZ2d@supernews.co m...
    >> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:44:41 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Mentohl" wrote in message

    >>> That's the difference between MS and the linux extremists. While
    >>> Microsoft works with the community and law enforcement the linux nuts
    >>> are busy putting up boycott sites and whining.

    >> Translation: while Microsoft works to undermine person privacy....

    > So you're too stupid or lazy to read the article. It has nothing to do
    > with personal privacy. Undermining that is Google's job... go read up on
    > how many bloggers they've turned over to the Chinese government.
    >
    > Here's a quote from the article:
    >

    > This is the second such event Microsoft has held; the first was in 2006.
    > Microsoft has trained more than 6,000 officers from more than 110
    > countries and does regular training with state officials and
    > organizations like the International Center for Missing and Exploited
    > Children, Kornblum says.
    >

    > But since you probably support exploiting children this doesn't appear
    > to you. Hopefully this great technology can be used to convict and
    > lockup derranged linux using murderers like Hans Reiser.

    And you again prove what apiece of **** you are.

    Rick

  15. Re: Microsoft total information awareness ..

+ Reply to Thread