[News] Summary of Warm Reactions to New Ubuntu Release - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Summary of Warm Reactions to New Ubuntu Release - Linux ; Warning: Hardy Heron May Cause Linux Addiction ,----[ Quote ] | The Linux blogs were abuzz with accounts of Ubuntu's newly released version, | Hardy Heron. The distro has pushed the envelope of capabilities and appeal | with nearly every ...

  1. [News] Summary of Warm Reactions to New Ubuntu Release

    Warning: Hardy Heron May Cause Linux Addiction

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Linux blogs were abuzz with accounts of Ubuntu's newly released version,
    | Hardy Heron. The distro has pushed the envelope of capabilities and appeal
    | with nearly every release, and the latest version has Linux fans speculating
    | that it will attract more users away from Windows.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | "I've upgraded both my desktop and laptop to 8.04 Hardy Heron and it's really
    | well-done," Foogazi blogger Adam Kane told LinuxInsider. "The Ubuntu and
    | Canonical team are doing a great job with every release. Everyone keeps
    | saying that this could be the version that launches Linux into the
    | mainstream. I do believe it has the tools and the means to do so."
    `----

    Related:

    Desktop Linux on the Rise, Linux Foundation Reports

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For starters, almost 20,000 self-selected users filled out this year's survey
    | compared with fewer than 10,000 in 2006's survey.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In those businesses and organizations that have deployed Linux desktops, 39.5
    | percent are running Linux on more than half of their machines.
    `----

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...119TX1K0000594

    Linux Users Base More Than doubled Over Last One Year: Survey

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The number of Linux users has more than doubled over the last one year, says
    | a new survey by DesktopLinux.com. The survey also said Ubuntu remains their
    | Linux distribution of choice.
    `----

    http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/p...19940,p,0.html

    Survey: Desktop Linux use grows

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | DesktopLinux.com, which is a Web site devoted to, obviously, desktop Linux,
    | has finished a survey that found more than a doubling of Linux desktop users
    | in the past year.
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatc...es/013576.html

    Feeling the heat at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be? *

    | to go with that.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Summary of Warm Reactions to New Ubuntu Release

    On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:17:52 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Warning: Hardy Heron May Cause Linux Addiction

    Yea....
    You'll be addicted to Google searches trying to fix all the bugs that Hardy
    Heron Ubuntu seems to have been released with.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Summary of Warm Reactions to New Ubuntu Release

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:17:52 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Warning: Hardy Heron May Cause Linux Addiction

    > Yea....
    > You'll be addicted to Google searches trying to fix all the bugs that
    > Hardy Heron Ubuntu seems to have been released with.

    You fool! Hardy Heron is in reference to Hairless Hippie, your boss Blammer!
    Remember this Hairless Hippie doin the developer dance?

  4. Re: [News] Summary of Warm Reactions to New Ubuntu Release

  5. Re: [News] Summary of Warm Reactions to New Ubuntu Release

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 15:52:34 +0000, patty pippins wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)

    I thought he was Paul. Do you have his address?

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

+ Reply to Thread