Black Duck Buying Koders for Code Search

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 30,000 users visit Koders.com each day, according to Black Duck. A
| free search engine there can tap some 766 million lines of open-source code
| written in more than 30 languages and associated with 28 software licenses,
| the company said. The search engine will remain free.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...de_search.html

And another new partnership:

SnapLogic and WaveMaker Partner to Deliver Complete Open Source Enterprise
Mashup Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Today at the O'Reilly Web 2.0 Conference, SnapLogic, Inc., the Really Simple
| Integration company, and WaveMaker, a provider of open source tools for rapid
| Web application development, announced a strategic partnership to deliver a
| complete open source solution for creating enterprise mashups.
`----

http://sanfrancisco.dbusinessnews.co...pe_news=latest

Recent:

Economic slowdown could boost open source

,----[ Quote ]
| The economic slowdown in the US could boost demand for open source technology
| and services, analyst firm IDC has claimed.
|
| A recent survey by the company found that 60pc of American firms polled
| increased the percentage of their annual IT budget spent on open source
| technology in 2007.
`----

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/...id=single10802

VC funding for open source hits an all-time high

,----[ Quote ]
| Incidentally, total funding to date stands at $2.64bn.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensou...all-time-high/

Open-source venture investing hits an all-time high

,----[ Quote ]
| Just when you thought venture interest in open source was quieting down,
| along comes the biggest quarter in open source's (still young) history:
| $203.75 million raised, as reported by The 451 Group. This trumped the
| previous record of $193.6 million from Q4 2006.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-990...&subj=NewsBlog

Sun: Economic slowdown favors open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Speaking to ZDNetAsia in an exclusive interview, he said the economic
| slowdown in the United States will favor open source companies. "During an
| economic slowdown, not everything slows down [and] IT projects will continue
| to be undertaken. But IT budgets will be reduced," he said, noting that
| companies will then turn to lower cost software options such as open source.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...2038598,00.htm

The rise of the open-source billionaire

,----[ Quote ]
| For Google, the underlying open source is made to be almost incidental
| (though they and others like PayPal are quick to point out that they could
| not do what they do without open source). But I suspect we'll see projects
| like MySQL directly monetize and promote the value of the open source
| powering their service offerings. Â* Â*
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9925336-16.html

Piper Jaffray Starts Red Hat (RHT) at Buy

,----[ Quote ]
| Piper Jaffray initiates coverage on Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) with a Buy rating and
| $26 price target, saying the company should benefit from global adoption of
| open source technologies.
`----

http://www.streetinsider.com/New+Cov...y/3562655.html

No Recession at Red Hat