[News] Linux Testing Framework Improvements, in Finer Details - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Linux Testing Framework Improvements, in Finer Details - Linux ; Bisection divides users and developers ,----[ Quote ] | The last couple of years have seen a renewed push within the kernel community | to avoid regressions. When a patch is found to have broken something that | used to ...

  1. [News] Linux Testing Framework Improvements, in Finer Details

    Bisection divides users and developers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The last couple of years have seen a renewed push within the kernel community
    | to avoid regressions. When a patch is found to have broken something that
    | used to work, a fix must be merged or the offending patch will be removed
    | from the kernel. It's a straightforward and logical idea, but there's one
    | little problem: when a kernel series includes over 12,000 changesets (as
    | 2.6.25 does), how does one find the patch which caused the problem? Sometimes
    | it will be obvious, but, for other problems, there are literally thousands of
    | patches which could be the source of the regression. Digging through all of
    | those patches in search of a bug can be a needle-in-the-haystack sort of
    | proposition.
    `----

    http://lwn.net/Articles/277872/

    Recent:

    Linux kernel developers have tripled in number

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Linux Foundation (LF) has published a study on Linux mainline kernel
    | development. According to LF, the number of Linux kernel developers has
    | tripled since 2005, with many more companies contributing to the process
    | (including, potentially, the latest new LF member, Adobe). *
    `----

    Linux Market to Triple by 2012

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Analyst firm Research and Markets has just put out a project on Linux-based
    | server and client hardware sales, and is projecting that the market will more
    | than triple between 2007 and 2012.
    |
    | A market for a platform is not the same as an ecosystem for it, which is much
    | larger in that it includes the cost of people and third-party software and
    | services for the code that runs atop the platform. So the R&M Linux market
    | numbers might seem a little small. In any event, the consultancy pegged the
    | Linux product and services market for Linux running on servers and clients
    | (but not embedded systems) at $2.4 billion in 2007.
    `----

    http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb031108-story07.html

  2. Re: [News] Linux Testing Framework Improvements, in Finer Details

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht
    > Bisection divides users and developers
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]

    Err, go fsck yourself, troll.
    *PLONK*

  3. Re: [News] Linux Testing Framework Improvements, in Finer Details

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:53:02 +0200, chrisv wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht
    >> Bisection divides users and developers
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]

    > Err, go fsck yourself, troll.
    > *PLONK*

    Yeah, at least he isn't posting irrelevent information to the usenet group
    topic from Amish country.

    I don't think your employer should pay you for that post. It's unoriginal
    and ineffective.

    Ruben

    Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  4. Re: [News] Linux Testing Framework Improvements, in Finer Details

    "Ruben" schreef in bericht
    newsan.2008.04.27.17.55.50.714667@www2.mrbrklyn.com...
    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:53:02 +0200, chrisv wrote:
    >

    >> "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht
    >>> Bisection divides users and developers
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]

    >> Err, go fsck yourself, troll.
    >> *PLONK*

    > Yeah, at least he isn't posting irrelevent information to the usenet group
    > topic from Amish country.
    >
    > I don't think your employer should pay you for that post. It's unoriginal
    > and ineffective.
    >
    > Ruben

    Glad you noticed. Meet this chrisv idiot
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...risv-liar.html
    This "v" guy is out of control!
    Nothing new however, look at recent "contributions" in cola from chrisv.

    "That's right! plonk
    One can almost see the snot and puke spewing from your misshapen head,you
    worthless bag of filth.
    "Yawn. I've had enough of your trolling, plonk
    If the asshole was "just curious"
    He is a shameless, documented liar.
    plonk
    plonk
    plonk
    fsckwit
    Like the truth matters, to a lying troll?
    Scumbag."
    Please don't feed the troll.
    immoral, dishonest,illogical fsckwit
    Idiot.
    plonk
    plonk
    plonk
    e.t.c.......
    e.t.c.......

  5. Re: [News] Linux Testing Framework Improvements, in Finer Details

    ____/ Ruben on Sunday 27 April 2008 18:55 : \____

    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:53:02 +0200, chrisv wrote:
    >

    >> "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht
    >>> Bisection divides users and developers
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]

    >> Err, go fsck yourself, troll.
    >> *PLONK*

    > Yeah, at least he isn't posting irrelevent information to the usenet group
    > topic from Amish country.
    >
    > I don't think your employer should pay you for that post. It's unoriginal
    > and ineffective.
    >
    > Ruben

    It looks like a faker. You see, the world of Windows Cons is desperate enough
    to bring forums down to its low level and will have people imitate and steal
    people's nicknames ("chrisv" in this case) for defamation purposes.

    It's best to filter out the Microsoft Munchkins that post here. They don't
    belong here.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
    | deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
    | Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
    | ^^^^^^^^^^
    | the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
    | the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
    | and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
    | to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
    | time." * * *
    `----

    --- Microsoft, internal document
    http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Open syntax, Open API's, Open Source
    Tasks: 114 total, 1 running, 113 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  6. Re: [News] Linux Testing Framework Improvements, in Finer Details

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > ____/ Ruben on Sunday 27 April 2008 18:55 : \____
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:53:02 +0200, chrisv wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    >>> Err, go fsck yourself, troll.
    >>> *PLONK*

    >> Yeah, at least he isn't posting irrelevent information to the usenet
    >> group topic from Amish country.
    >>
    >> I don't think your employer should pay you for that post. It's
    >> unoriginal and ineffective.
    >>
    >> Ruben

    > It looks like a faker. You see, the world of Windows Cons is
    > desperate enough to bring forums down to its low level and will have
    > people imitate and steal people's nicknames ("chrisv" in this case)
    > for defamation purposes.

    So your going to tell us from the 4 chrisv nyms posting here, who's the
    *real* chrisv?, tardboy!

+ Reply to Thread