[OT] raw-disk and cache-buffer - Linux

This is a discussion on [OT] raw-disk and cache-buffer - Linux ; excuse me.. it's very simple question, but very strange too so I can't find information about it if I use raw disk (like cat xxx > /dev/sda), how can I know when the data is written over the disk? does ...

  1. [OT] raw-disk and cache-buffer

    excuse me.. it's very simple question, but very strange too
    so I can't find information about it

    if I use raw disk (like cat xxx > /dev/sda), how can I know when the
    data is written over the disk?

    does have any sense using sync?

    is there some cache-buffer in use anyway, or is data immediately written
    on disk?

    i know this is not very -development question-, I hope it's a
    interesting question anyway.
    bye

  2. Re: [OT] raw-disk and cache-buffer

    I think it makes best sense to sync the data
    as soon as possible, in times where the system is idle.

+ Reply to Thread