Hand up all the "advocates" here who .... - Linux

This is a discussion on Hand up all the "advocates" here who .... - Linux ; .... have purchased an Asus eee? -- I really think XP is going to be a flop. Between the glut of hardware out there (and slowing down of purchasing), and the fact that W2K is sufficient for so many casual ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

  1. Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....


    .... have purchased an Asus eee?

    --
    I really think XP is going to be a flop. Between the glut of hardware out
    there (and slowing down of purchasing), and the fact that W2K is
    sufficient for so many casual users.... I just don't see it taking off.
    comp.os.linux.advocacy - where they put the lunacy in advocacy

  2. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > ... have purchased an Asus eee?


    Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy
    an EEE?

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Rick wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    >
    > Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy
    > an EEE?


    Another bull**** FUD argument. They tried it with Dell, too. "Haven't bought
    a Dell preloaded with Linux, you must not be a real Linux advocate." Means
    absolutely nothing. Most Linux users, unlike the few cranks and WinTrolls
    here, don't have trouble installing on their own computers.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    RonB writes:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    >>
    >> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy
    >> an EEE?


    Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a
    company who is championing Linux - or rather were until they pitched the
    Windows version for "real users" and the Linux one for retards and
    children.

    > Another bull**** FUD argument. They tried it with Dell, too. "Haven't bought
    > a Dell preloaded with Linux, you must not be a real Linux advocate." Means
    > absolutely nothing. Most Linux users, unlike the few cranks and WinTrolls
    > here, don't have trouble installing on their own computers.


    As usual HPT misses the point.

    --
    I can usually supress the feelings that tell me to crash
    tackle a girl into the bushes

  5. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:36:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > RonB writes:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>>
    >>> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't
    >>> buy an EEE?

    >
    > Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a
    > company who is championing Linux - or rather were until they pitched the
    > Windows version for "real users" and the Linux one for retards and
    > children.


    Not a problem. I have the A/C guy coming in today to tell me if my A/C
    needs to be replaced, or can be repaired. Do you want to pay for my EEE
    or my A/C?

    >
    >> Another bull**** FUD argument. They tried it with Dell, too. "Haven't
    >> bought a Dell preloaded with Linux, you must not be a real Linux
    >> advocate." Means absolutely nothing. Most Linux users, unlike the few
    >> cranks and WinTrolls here, don't have trouble installing on their own
    >> computers.

    >
    > As usual HPT misses the point.


    No, as usual you avoid the point.


    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    > Quack snotted:
    >>
    >> Err (snot snipped)


    Err, go fsck yourself, troll.

    --
    "Yawn. I've had enough of your trolling, Quark.

    *plonk*"

    - chrisv, October 27, 2006

  7. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On 2008-04-25, Hadron wrote:
    >
    > ... have purchased an Asus eee?


    As much as I would like to buy systems based on ideology,
    I tend to find that technical requirements usually take
    precedence.

    Although, the EEE will get serious consideration once the
    current household terminal dies. It's a 5 year old laptop
    that's living on borrowed time. Running Ubuntu on it most of
    the time seems to have extended it's life a bit.

    The whole ideology vs. requirements bit is why there are
    two minimacs in my house...

    --
    If you are going to judge Linux based on how easy
    it is to get onto a Macintosh. Let's try installing |||
    MacOS X on a DELL! / | \

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On 2008-04-25, Hadron wrote:
    > RonB writes:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>>
    >>> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy
    >>> an EEE?

    >
    > Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a


    ...by buying into some other form of "herd mentality".

    Where's the logic in that?

    I buy the systems that suit my requirements. I've expressed this
    sentiment to Dell before they produced their lackluster line of Ubuntu
    desktops.

    > company who is championing Linux - or rather were until they pitched the
    > Windows version for "real users" and the Linux one for retards and
    > children.
    >
    >> Another bull**** FUD argument. They tried it with Dell, too. "Haven't bought
    >> a Dell preloaded with Linux, you must not be a real Linux advocate." Means
    >> absolutely nothing. Most Linux users, unlike the few cranks and WinTrolls
    >> here, don't have trouble installing on their own computers.

    >
    > As usual HPT misses the point.
    >


    Not at all...

    You are suggesting that we be "blind zealots".


    --
    If you are going to judge Linux based on how easy
    it is to get onto a Macintosh. Let's try installing |||
    MacOS X on a DELL! / | \

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    In article <27udnSHJWuaNrY_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.com>,
    Rick wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    > > ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    >
    > Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy
    > an EEE?



    Is he really implying that all advocates need EEEs, or is he just
    curious how many have bought them? Considering the number of people who
    have posted about how great they are, we'd expect some to have actually
    bought them.

    A similar question would make sense for PS3. Some have declared these
    are the future of home computing, so you'd expect to see some of those
    people buying them. (I've got a PS3 running Linux setting 2 feet from
    me right now, BTW, but not because it is the future of home computing.
    It's there because I happen to have some computational problems that
    should fit its architecture very well).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  10. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-04-25, Hadron wrote:
    >> RonB writes:
    >>
    >>> Rick wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>>>
    >>>> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy
    >>>> an EEE?

    >>
    >> Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a

    >
    > ...by buying into some other form of "herd mentality".
    >
    > Where's the logic in that?



    I really can't begin to fathom how your mind works at times.

  11. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Tim Smith writes:

    > In article <27udnSHJWuaNrY_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.com>,
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> > ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    >>
    >> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy
    >> an EEE?

    >
    >
    > Is he really implying that all advocates need EEEs, or is he just
    > curious how many have bought them? Considering the number of people who
    > have posted about how great they are, we'd expect some to have actually
    > bought them.


    Bingo. And I plan to buy one.
    >
    > A similar question would make sense for PS3. Some have declared these
    > are the future of home computing, so you'd expect to see some of those


    That would be Mark Kent. Who is wrong on just about every subject he
    talks about.

    > people buying them. (I've got a PS3 running Linux setting 2 feet from
    > me right now, BTW, but not because it is the future of home computing.
    > It's there because I happen to have some computational problems that
    > should fit its architecture very well).


    --
    "Its obvious Micoshaft sponsored frauds and net stalkers are now attacking individuals directly in organised gangs in linux advocacy newsgroups as predicted since it is known micoshaft is failing in the market place."
    7, COLA Linux "advocate" and nutjob.

  12. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On 2008-04-25, Hadron wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH writes:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-25, Hadron wrote:
    >>> RonB writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Rick wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy
    >>>>> an EEE?
    >>>
    >>> Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a

    >>
    >> ...by buying into some other form of "herd mentality".
    >>
    >> Where's the logic in that?

    >
    >
    > I really can't begin to fathom how your mind works at times.


    It must be really interesting in your world.

    --
    How did irc manage to get so pretentious about civility |||
    of discourse when it doesn't even allow for the free and / | \
    open exchange of ideas?

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  13. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:03:58 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <27udnSHJWuaNrY_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.com>,
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> > ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    >>
    >> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't
    >> buy an EEE?

    >
    >
    > Is he really implying that all advocates need EEEs, or is he just
    > curious how many have bought them? Considering the number of people who
    > have posted about how great they are, we'd expect some to have actually
    > bought them.


    Ask him.(snip)



    --
    Rick

  14. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Quoting Rick who, on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:44:14 -0500, posted:

    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:36:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> RonB writes:
    >>
    >>> Rick wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>>>
    >>>> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't
    >>>> buy an EEE?

    >>
    >> Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a
    >> company who is championing Linux - or rather were until they pitched the
    >> Windows version for "real users" and the Linux one for retards and
    >> children.

    >
    > Not a problem. I have the A/C guy coming in today to tell me if my A/C
    > needs to be replaced, or can be repaired. Do you want to pay for my EEE or
    > my A/C?
    >
    >
    >>> Another bull**** FUD argument. They tried it with Dell, too. "Haven't
    >>> bought a Dell preloaded with Linux, you must not be a real Linux
    >>> advocate." Means absolutely nothing. Most Linux users, unlike the few
    >>> cranks and WinTrolls here, don't have trouble installing on their own
    >>> computers.

    >>
    >> As usual HPT misses the point.

    >
    > No, as usual you avoid the point.


    And it was "RonB" who posted that, not HPT, so Quack shows his stupidity
    yet *again*.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.
    -- 64bit Mandriva 2008.1 --

  15. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    It was on or about Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:04:09 -0500 when I was peeing
    on the road when my partner JEDIDIAH said:
    > On 2008-04-25, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> As usual HPT misses the point.
    >>

    >
    > Not at all...


    Hmm, HPT did not miss a point then, eh?

    >
    > You are suggesting that we be "blind zealots".


    Can't do that. You already are!

    --
    I suck dick

  16. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    It was on or about Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:13:38 +0100 when I was peeing
    on the road when my partner William Poaster said:
    > Quoting Rick who, on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:44:14 -0500, posted:
    >
    >> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:36:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> RonB writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Rick wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't
    >>>>> buy an EEE?
    >>>
    >>> Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a
    >>> company who is championing Linux - or rather were until they pitched the
    >>> Windows version for "real users" and the Linux one for retards and
    >>> children.

    >>
    >> Not a problem. I have the A/C guy coming in today to tell me if my A/C
    >> needs to be replaced, or can be repaired. Do you want to pay for my EEE or
    >> my A/C?
    >>
    >>
    >>>> Another bull**** FUD argument. They tried it with Dell, too. "Haven't
    >>>> bought a Dell preloaded with Linux, you must not be a real Linux
    >>>> advocate." Means absolutely nothing. Most Linux users, unlike the few
    >>>> cranks and WinTrolls here, don't have trouble installing on their own
    >>>> computers.
    >>>
    >>> As usual HPT misses the point.

    >>
    >> No, as usual you avoid the point.

    >
    > And it was "RonB" who posted that, not HPT, so Quack shows his stupidity
    > yet *again*.


    Mr. Toaster, it is a well documented and known fact that RonB is HPT and
    vice versa. Welcome to planet Earth with an empty brain.

    --
    I suck dick

  17. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Nessuno - Robert Littlejohn writes:

    > It was on or about Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:13:38 +0100 when I was peeing
    > on the road when my partner William Poaster said:
    >> Quoting Rick who, on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:44:14 -0500, posted:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:36:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> RonB writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Rick wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't
    >>>>>> buy an EEE?
    >>>>
    >>>> Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a
    >>>> company who is championing Linux - or rather were until they pitched the
    >>>> Windows version for "real users" and the Linux one for retards and
    >>>> children.
    >>>
    >>> Not a problem. I have the A/C guy coming in today to tell me if my A/C
    >>> needs to be replaced, or can be repaired. Do you want to pay for my EEE or
    >>> my A/C?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>> Another bull**** FUD argument. They tried it with Dell, too. "Haven't
    >>>>> bought a Dell preloaded with Linux, you must not be a real Linux
    >>>>> advocate." Means absolutely nothing. Most Linux users, unlike the few
    >>>>> cranks and WinTrolls here, don't have trouble installing on their own
    >>>>> computers.
    >>>>
    >>>> As usual HPT misses the point.
    >>>
    >>> No, as usual you avoid the point.

    >>
    >> And it was "RonB" who posted that, not HPT, so Quack shows his stupidity
    >> yet *again*.

    >
    > Mr. Toaster, it is a well documented and known fact that RonB is HPT and
    > vice versa. Welcome to planet Earth with an empty brain.


    Willy Poaster, RonB/HPT and Rick all ganging up. Their power to make
    Linux advocates look like morons is astonishing.

  18. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Nessuno - Robert Littlejohn wrote:

    > Mr. Toaster, it is a well documented and known fact that RonB is HPT and
    > vice versa. Welcome to planet Earth with an empty brain.


    And it's well documented that you're a moron. You document it every time you
    post. So where's you're supposed proof that I'm "HPT?"

    Yeah, that's what I thought.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  19. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > Is he really implying that all advocates need EEEs, or is he just
    > curious how many have bought them? *Considering the number of people who
    > have posted about how great they are, we'd expect some to have actually
    > bought them.


    I've never posted about how great they are -- but I have noted that they
    seem to be selling pretty well. Lots of Linux laptops going to people who
    never used Linux before. Kind of galling to WinTrolls, I believe.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  20. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 01:43:29 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Nessuno - Robert Littlejohn writes:
    >
    >> It was on or about Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:13:38 +0100 when I was peeing
    >> on the road when my partner William Poaster said:
    >>> Quoting Rick who, on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:44:14 -0500, posted:
    >>>
    >>>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:36:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> RonB writes:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Rick wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't
    >>>>>>> buy an EEE?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a
    >>>>> company who is championing Linux - or rather were until they pitched the
    >>>>> Windows version for "real users" and the Linux one for retards and
    >>>>> children.
    >>>>
    >>>> Not a problem. I have the A/C guy coming in today to tell me if my A/C
    >>>> needs to be replaced, or can be repaired. Do you want to pay for my EEE or
    >>>> my A/C?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>> Another bull**** FUD argument. They tried it with Dell, too. "Haven't
    >>>>>> bought a Dell preloaded with Linux, you must not be a real Linux
    >>>>>> advocate." Means absolutely nothing. Most Linux users, unlike the few
    >>>>>> cranks and WinTrolls here, don't have trouble installing on their own
    >>>>>> computers.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> As usual HPT misses the point.
    >>>>
    >>>> No, as usual you avoid the point.
    >>>
    >>> And it was "RonB" who posted that, not HPT, so Quack shows his stupidity
    >>> yet *again*.

    >>
    >> Mr. Toaster, it is a well documented and known fact that RonB is HPT and
    >> vice versa. Welcome to planet Earth with an empty brain.

    >
    > Willy Poaster, RonB/HPT and Rick all ganging up. Their power to make
    > Linux advocates look like morons is astonishing.


    Looks like it's retard roundup time!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast