Hand up all the "advocates" here who .... - Linux

This is a discussion on Hand up all the "advocates" here who .... - Linux ; On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:36:38 +0200, Hadron wrote: > Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a > company who is championing Linux - or rather were until they pitched the > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37

  1. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:36:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Err to try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about? To reward a
    > company who is championing Linux - or rather were until they pitched the
    > Windows version for "real users" and the Linux one for retards and
    > children.

    Obviously Asus have been reading COLA.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    I bought two earlier this week (one for me and one for my wife) and I think
    it's great. It's my very first laptop, and I hope it runs for 10+ years.

    Hadron wrote:

    > ... have purchased an Asus eee?

  3. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Is he really implying that all advocates need EEEs, or is he just
    >> curious how many have bought them?

    If the Quack asshole was "just curious", he had his chance to explain
    that that was the case. Instead, when asked "Why would be any less of an
    advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy an EEE?", he snotted "Err to
    try and stop this "herd mentality" you keep on about?".

  4. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Quoting RonB who, on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:09:55 -0500, posted:

    > Nessuno - Robert Littlejohn wrote:
    >
    >> Mr. Toaster, it is a well documented and known fact that RonB is HPT and
    >> vice versa. Welcome to planet Earth with an empty brain.

    > And it's well documented that you're a moron. You document it every time
    > you post. So where's you're supposed proof that I'm "HPT?"
    >
    > Yeah, that's what I thought.

    We also know that the moron posting as "Nessuno - Robert Littlejohn" is
    nothing but a forging troll. In other words, scum.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

  5. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  6. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  7. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:12:25 +0000, hitfan wrote:

    > I bought two earlier this week (one for me and one for my wife) and I
    > think it's great. It's my very first laptop, and I hope it runs for 10+
    > years.
    >
    > Hadron wrote:
    >

    >> ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    I have one. Installed eeeXubuntu 7.10

  8. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200
    :

    > ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    Not to mention the QTopia GreenPhone, an Android-based
    phone unit, and any of a number of preloaded Linux units
    offered by Eracks, System76, and other such vendors.
    Of course we should just buy everything in sight, just to
    satisfy your silly notions of "Linux support".

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #104392:
    for(int i = 0; i < 1000000; i++) sleep(0);

  9. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron
    >
    > wrote
    > on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200
    > :
    >>
    >> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>

    > Not to mention the QTopia GreenPhone, an Android-based
    > phone unit, and any of a number of preloaded Linux units
    > offered by Eracks, System76, and other such vendors.
    > Of course we should just buy everything in sight, just to
    > satisfy your silly notions of "Linux support".

    Well, if it's any help, I just bought a tomtom rider...
    Though the support software on the CD "tomtom home" is windows only, when I
    asked them about performing updates by just mounting it as a storage device,
    I got a reply back saying tomtom runs on an arm based linux with a link to
    all the free software they use in and around it.

    Not exactly the question I asked, but still...
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  10. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:25:04 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    > Why would be any less of an advocate for Linux/OSS/FOSS if you don't buy
    > an EEE?

    Don't buy it unless it fulfills a need. I bought it because I had a need
    for a small laptop.

  11. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Andrew Halliwell

    wrote
    on Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:58:10 +0100
    :
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:22:22 +0200
    >> :
    >>>
    >>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?
    >>>

    >> Not to mention the QTopia GreenPhone, an Android-based
    >> phone unit, and any of a number of preloaded Linux units
    >> offered by Eracks, System76, and other such vendors.
    >> Of course we should just buy everything in sight, just to
    >> satisfy your silly notions of "Linux support".

    > Well, if it's any help, I just bought a tomtom rider...
    > Though the support software on the CD "tomtom home" is windows only, when I
    > asked them about performing updates by just mounting it as a storage device,
    > I got a reply back saying tomtom runs on an arm based linux with a link to
    > all the free software they use in and around it.
    >
    > Not exactly the question I asked, but still...

    Not familiar with Tomtom, except that the ads proclaim
    it as some sort of GPS device, but I did buy a terabyte
    storage unit the other day, plugged it in to my USB port,
    and it just worked, albeit slowly. Later on, my friend
    mentioned Firewire, so I plugged it in there instead,
    a lot faster, and it still just worked. (The only quirk
    thus far: it doesn't seem to get the hint that it should
    spin down when I power off my laptop. Not sure why.)

    Dunno what I'll do with the built-in software; not sure I
    really need it. ;-)

    Nice to see Tomtom supporting ARM linux. ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux makes one use one's mind.
    Windows just messes with one's head.

  12. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Hadron :

    > ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    No need, Linux runs on all of my Asus mobos.

    --
    Sex with you would suck.

    www.websterscafe.com

  13. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Handover Phist wrote:
    > Hadron :
    >>
    >> ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    > No need, Linux runs on all of my Asus mobos.

    And very soon, there'll be a linux mini-desktop in ALL Asus motherboards as
    part of the BIOS. Instant on. Nice...

    Scoff at linux boot times THEN, ya bastards.

  14. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Handover Phist wrote:
    >> Hadron :
    >>>
    >>> ... have purchased an Asus eee?

    >> No need, Linux runs on all of my Asus mobos.
    >>

    > And very soon, there'll be a linux mini-desktop in ALL Asus motherboards as
    > part of the BIOS. Instant on. Nice...
    >
    > Scoff at linux boot times THEN, ya bastards.

    Do you have links to this info?

    I wonder who *wants* a "mini desktop" of any type?

    --
    Does she think we just want to sit around painting debian swirls on our
    toenails?

    On Thu, 15 May 2008 10:58:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Andrew Halliwell writes:
    >
    >> Handover Phist wrote:
    >>> Hadron :

    >>> No need, Linux runs on all of my Asus mobos.
    >>>

    >> And very soon, there'll be a linux mini-desktop in ALL Asus motherboards as
    >> part of the BIOS. Instant on. Nice...
    >>
    >> Scoff at linux boot times THEN, ya bastards.

    > Do you have links to this info?
    >
    > I wonder who *wants* a "mini desktop" of any type?

    Nobody but the Linux goofs.
    It will go virtually unused by the rest of the population.
    IOW it's nothing but a gimmick for Asus to one up Abit.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Thu, 15 May 2008 10:14:51 -0400
    <13m1nfmbggwoo$.1uga0tsuf549a$.dlg@40tude.net>:
    > On Thu, 15 May 2008 10:58:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> And very soon, there'll be a linux mini-desktop in ALL Asus motherboards as
    >>> part of the BIOS. Instant on. Nice...
    >>>
    >>> Scoff at linux boot times THEN, ya bastards.

    >> Do you have links to this info?
    >>
    >> I wonder who *wants* a "mini desktop" of any type?

    > Nobody but the Linux goofs.
    > It will go virtually unused by the rest of the population.
    > IOW it's nothing but a gimmick for Asus to one up Abit.

    Not everyone can afford a $4000 XPS730. (And that's the
    *starting price*.)

    http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs

    Interesting oddity: they are preinstalled with Vista Home Premium,
    *not* Ultimate. Ultimate is available for an extra $150.

    Intel Core[tm] 2 Q9450, 12MB cache, 2.66 GHz, 1333 FSB
    4x1GB 1333 MHz (overclocked 1600 -- possibly during testing) DDR3
    500 GB Seagate@7200 SATA 3.0 Gb/s 16MB cache
    Dual ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB.
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer. (This won't be a Linux system, solely
    because of *this* component. Creative Labs is not noted for playing
    nice. I'm hoping they will change their tune at some point,
    admittedly.)

    This is overkill for Vista Aero, of course -- but not by
    all that much. It's only about twice the machine needed. ;-)

    So how long does Vista take to boot up on one of these?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.

  17. Re: Hand up all the "advocates" here who ....