Mozilla's Chairman Confirms Progress on a New Mobile Browser

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Web 2.0 conference in San Francisco today, Mozilla Chairman Mitchell
| Baker gave an address on opening the mobile web, which Webware did a nice job
| of analyzing. Many people have been wondering if Mozilla will deliver a
| version of the Firefox browser to work with the many Linux-based phones
| currently in the works, including phones based on Google's Android platform.
|
| [...]
|
| As I covered in a recent post on whether Linux can quickly grab a significant
| part of the mobile phone market, there are some good indications that it may.
| At the recent Mobile World Congress conference, there were more than 20 new
| mobile phones based on Linux announced, most of them using the LiMo platform.
`----

http://ostatic.com/160036-blog/mozil...mobile-browser

Is your (mobile) browser ready for the Web?

,----[ Quote ]
| I co-chair the Mobile Web Test Suites Working Group: this group aims at
| improving the interoperability of browsers on mobile devices through the
| development and the diffusion of test suites for Web technologies that work
| on mobile devices.
`----

http://www.w3.org/QA/2008/04/is_your...r_ready_f.html

Related:

Mozilla's Firefox strategy includes mobile phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Baker said the company is also investigating mobile content
| services with a server component, similar to Opera Mini.
`----

First Look at Minimo

,----[ Quote ]
| I was very impressed with minimo. Actually, using minimo showed me
| that mobile net access might just work. Everyone has been predicting
| the mobile revolution but I never thought it would happen simply
| because the screen are too small and the interfaces cramped. Somehow,
| minimo sidesteps all these and it made a convert out of me.
`----

http://ekstreme.com/thingsofsorts/fu...look-at-minimo

New Mozilla mobile browser out, amid more competition

,----[ Quote ]
| Minimo is designed to be an alternative to the browser that comes
| with Windows Mobile and its creators promote its speed in accessing
| sites and other features such as tabs, better security and support
| for widgets.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...rss-linux-news
http://tinyurl.com/2tt2br