IPhone Battery Life Redialed

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple touts some impressive specs for the battery in the iPhone--up to eight
| hours of talk time, 250 hours of standby time, six hours of internet use,
| seven hours of video playback, and a full day of audio playback.
| Unfortunately, Apple doesn't list the battery life for a particular situation
| that I run into about twice a year: battery life during periods of extended
| redialing.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,14...1/article.html

iPhone and Apple TV sales are down sharply, which is probably good news to the
Linux-based products, of which they are many in this area.

Apple profit not enough

,----[ Quote ]
| While many companies would be over the moon with such results, particularly
| in the current economic climate, Apple has not done as well as shareholders
| expected.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...-profit-enough

The bottom line: Mac sales up sharply, Windows sales down 24% and surveys show
that Linux was up sharly in the past year (some say doubled).

3K unveils 2lb ultraportable with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Longitude features a 400Mhz single-core processor, with 512MB of RAM and
| a 4GB internal flash drive for data storage. 3K also provides 802.11b/g
| wireless connectivity, and a 10/100 Ethernet port for networking. The
| Longitude 400 is available directly from 3K Computers for $400.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles...tude.400.mini/

Recent:

3K Comptuers debuts Linux-based “UMPC”

,----[ Quote ]
| The 3K Longitude 400 weighs under two pounds and sports a seven-inch display.
| It runs off of a 400 MHz 32-bit single core mobile processor, 512 MB of DDR2
| RAM and a 1GB internal flash drive for file storage. The operating system is
| Linux based as well. *
`----

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/04...ux-based-umpc/

Don't toss that old UMPC, make it a portable Linux device!

,----[ Quote ]
| Instead of selling his original Samsung Q1 UMPC, TaxMan decided to take the
| Linux plunge, something I did with Ubuntu in 2006 with mixed results.
|
| It just goes to show you what a little Googling and elbow grease can do.
| TaxMan has the Gutsy Gibbon release of Ubuntu installed and unlike my failed
| efforts, he has the touchscreen working as well! *
`----

http://www.jkontherun.com/2008/04/dont-toss-that.html

MSI Wind to see June launch

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wind will come pre-installed with either Linux or Windows XP operating
| systems and will boast Bluetooth 2.0 and a 1.3-megapixel webcam.
`----

http://news.sky.com/skynews/xml/arti...-14092,00.html

Mandriva on a Low cost notebook : Kira

,----[ Quote ]
| Many people are talking about the Asus Eee PC : low cost, tiny, and for
| the "geeks", running Linux. Mandriva 2008 Spring is compatible out of the box
| with Asus Eee PC. However a new low cost PC is appearing, done by a spanish
| company : AIRIS KIRA. This notebbok is low cost ( 299 € ), and last but no
| least : is running Mandriva Linux ! * *
`----

http://www.linux-wizard.net/index.php?id_blog=202

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be? *

| to go with that.
`----

Jisus Laptop: 8.9" Low-cost Laptop For 300EUR; Watch Cool Pictures & a Video

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, as you see the market of low-cost laptops is very hot. Today we are
| learning about a new low-cost laptop from Netherlands.
|
| [...]
|
| It runs on Ubuntu Linux
`----

http://laptopcom.blogspot.com/2008/0...aptop-for.html