Thinking Of Switching?: Linux Ubuntu vs. Windows Vista vs. OSX Leopard

,----[ Quote ]
| All three operating systems come with impressive visual affects. However, I
| found that Ubuntu was able to run more efficiently then Vista on the same
| laptop. The MacBook proved just as reliable. Tie between OSX and Ubuntu.
|
| In the end, what you want to use your computer for will dictate how and if
| you upgrade. If you have a Mac, OSX Leopard is a good choice. If you have a
| PC then I highly recommend you make the switch to Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.athensexchange.com/articles/783

Ubuntu 8.04 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Full disclosure: I've tried many different desktop Linux distributions, but
| Ubuntu remains my personal favorite. I will definitely be upgrading the
| Ubuntu partition on the computer from which I write this, just as soon as I'm
| able.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._released.html

Ubuntu 8.04 Brings Power and Polish to the Linux Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest version of Ubuntu Linux is hot off the press and ready for
| download. Ubuntu 8.04 brings number of important improvements to the popular
| Linux distribution. While none of the new features are necessarily glamorous
| on their own, together they make for a significantly more polished Linux
| desktop.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...-804-fina.html

Meanwhile, Microsoft's profits are down. That anti-Linux dumping crusade must
be pricey.

Recent:

Microsoft's SEC:

,----[ Quote ]
| A prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating system...
| To the extent open source software gains increasing market acceptance, sales
| of our products may decline, we may have to reduce the prices we charge for
| our products, and revenue and operating margins may consequently decline.
`----

http://www. microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]